What's new

India signs accord with France to purchase 36 Rafale

France assured India of delivery of first Rafales within 2 years. Even under MMRCA the maximum was 36 months, 4 years is far too long.

I will be the most happy one here if that happens. But I find it hard to happen.

Lets see, first let them sign the deal.

India has 1200 million people. France has 60 million people. It is shameful for India to buy fighter jets from France.

India has 1200 million people. France has 60 million people. It is shameful for India to buy fighter jets from France.

It's no shame. India need to buy things that it needs to defend itself. The only Shane is that it take this long.... This 36 plane deal should have been done by the previous government.

whats the relation between the population of a country and defence purchases ??

Source based information
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• IAF Rafales flyaway versions are going to be superior to MMRCA evaluated version F3-OT4
  • India and France have agreed that Indian Rafales under Make In India will be F3R not F3 OT4. This reduces MLU cost significantly and brings in a commonality in production
  • The deal size and commitment is said to be same as FrAF numbers in equal proportions
  • The present FrAf need is 225 and old bird replacement will see the final tally to be around 350-400
  • The IAF + Navy combined is initially at 225 and then at a subsequent date a review and more new order mechanism will be initiated for new orders
  • 2 Rafales will come in 2017 and then rest will be delivered in 2018,19,20
  • For the beginning period certain Rafales from FrAf will be loaned for training and squadron formation
  • Initial training for pilots will be in France for which pilots selected will leave by year end to France
@Vauban @Abingdonboy @anant_s
If source based info turns out true, dynamics are changing for good.
Now dont know what these 36 are superior in what manner. I remember IRST additionally.. may be something more is also there.

:tup:

Superior to F3 OT4 but not F3R ? :what:
The fly away 36 ?

India has 1200 million people. France has 60 million people. It is shamefs India to buy fighter jets from France.

China has 1.3 Billion people but still it cannot list more than 5 items which do not originate from other nations.That's Shame for a so called economic superpower.

I will remain silent instead jubilantly posting here n there until the first bird fly down to India with all its feathers.....

Ho gaya Rafale ka bhaji pala. The IGA for which everyone was excited holds no more value than an MoU. This is the truth , and know this that all that " two days to two weeks to sign the deal " talk is an hoax.
It was better we had bought 126 aircrafts for 30 billion dollar.

Another news is that we may order upto 63-66 more Su30s by this December , when we get the 2nd last sqadron of 272 flankers. And please don't pounce on me saying that IAF had itself said it will not happen. Just know that, a nation with no Rafales, 200 Mig 21s and 320 Su30s , is in a better position than one with Rafales under negotiation , 200 mig21s and 272 Su30s. And IAF has realised this lately.

Ho gaya Rafale ka bhaji pala. The IGA for which everyone was excited holds no more value than an MoU. This is the truth , and know this that all that " two days to two weeks to sign the deal " talk is an hoax.
It was better we had bought 126 aircrafts for 30 billion dollar.

Another news is that we may order upto 63-66 more Su30s by this December , when we get the 2nd last sqadron of 272 flankers. And please don't pounce on me saying that IAF had itself said it will not happen. Just know that, a nation with no Rafales, 200 Mig 21s and 320 Su30s , is in a better position than one with Rafales under negotiation , 200 mig21s and 272 Su30s. And IAF has realised this lately.
Sir IGA is Govt to Govt Agreement the Files Is Being Exchanged by None other than DM Himself.Its Now Confirmed Deal is Done. Price Negotiation Technical that will be concluded in Dassalt Press release its Self No country Can Back Off from this deal Now

upload_2016-1-25_18-38-3-png.289480

http://www.dassault-aviation.com/fr...se/press-kits/vers-un-contrat-rafale-en-inde/

Sir IGA is Govtdeneovt Agreement the Files Is Being Exchanged by None other than DM Himself.Its Now Confirmed Deal is Done. Price Negotiation Technical that will be concluded in Dassalt Press release its Self No country Can Back Off from this deal Now

upload_2016-1-25_18-38-3-png.289480

http://www.dassault-aviation.com/fr...se/press-kits/vers-un-contrat-rafale-en-inde/

Sir , first thing , no sir. An still 18.

Second,naam change kar dene se matlab nahi badal jaata.

All that this says is that negotiations are going on.

And all that talk on price discount.

Note this thing very clearly.
The price of single Rafale , fully built without anything else is 120 million dollars . And add another 100 million minimum for various other things

Now what these sources have said, that we are renegotiating for a discount.
Let this be clear. " NO COUNTRY, WILL SELL US FIGHTER JETS at a LOSS. "

All this is just for public consumption.

Also note this thing, after one - two week you will here everything is done but the deal will be signed when next budget is presented.

And it will continue till eternity.

Sir , first thing , no sir. An still 18.

Second,naam change kar dene se matlab nahi badal jaata.

All that this says is that negotiations are going on.

And all that talk on price discount.

Note this thing very clearly.
The price of single Rafale , fully built without anything else is 120 million dollars . And add another 100 million minimum for various other things

Now what these sources have said, that we are renegotiating for a discount.
Let this be clear. " NO COUNTRY, WILL SELL US FIGHTER JETS at a LOSS. "

All this is just for public consumption.

Also note this thing, after one - two week you will here everything is done but the deal will be signed when next budget is presented.

And it will continue till eternity.
Sir What We getting Offset Too, If You worrying For Price Here Initially 50 % of the Contract Value will be Invested Back to India According to New DPP 2016
the Cost of Deal is Final its 65,000 crore or 9.6 billion- 50 % offset =4.8 Billion $
+Plus French Govt is Ready to Invest 10 Billion $ into India Whats Loss here I can't understand

Sir WhaRetting Offset Too, If You worrying For Price Here Initially 50 % of the Contract Value will be Invested Back to India According to New DPP 2016
the Cost of Deal is Final its 65,000 crore or 9.6 billion- 50 % offset =4.8 Billion $
+Plus French Govt is Ready to Invest 10 Billion $ into India Whats Loss here I can't understand

What I was referring to?
"The manufacturing cost of 1 Rafale aircraft is near about 120 million US dollars. And the reports which say that deal will be soon signed also mention that we will receive an discount of 20% on the cost of acquisition of equipment.And this will not happen, why? France will not , I repeat will not sell Rafale , at a price lower than its manufacturing cost and bear a loss when it has orders from oil rich nation who are ready to give mouth spoken amount for the same aircrafts. "

50% offset? Tag me when that happens in reality.
Ofcourse I will be the happiest one out there for this, but this does not mean I believe in false hope. 30% will be the max.

And do know this too, This happened yesterday only,
Some workers related to some ministry were having a casual talk with Parikkar who then put up to him , " How will you justify 250 million US dollars per aircraft in the parliament ? " And he had no reply to this.

50% offset? Tag me when that happens in reality.
Ofcourse I will be the happiest one out there for this, but this does not mean I believe in false hope. 30% will be the max.
Its Not Mere statement its Official Clause of an IGA agreement that is according to New DPP 2016.Retracting From which heavy Penalties will be imposed

Of what i hear 36 fighter are cost around 4.5 Billion $ Rest maintenance contract and the weapons suite +Spares
"The current contract under negotiation includes an offset clause which stipulated that France will have to invest 50 percent of the contract value as offsets in India."

http://thediplomat.com/2016/01/fren...lion-rafale-deal-to-be-signed-within-a-month/

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom