What's new

India sidesteps Pakistan in trade with big investment push for Iran's Chabahar

Good point. What do you think the Israelis would do if they get upset of the deal?
I dont know ,was hoping for some Indian member to shed light on this

Why would they? We have our own interests and our policies are not dependent on zero sum game.
Any progress being done by Indians will help Iran become more powerful since both of these are enemies so it make sense to answer this .Regarding zero sum games this policy tilts the favours to Iran against Israel .As It will help the Iranian to boost economically which they can spend on weapons which can be used against Gulf neighbours as well as ISrael

It was simple question ,dont boil your blood pressure too much ,As India and Israel are considered Allies and Iran is Arch rival for this ,So it does make sense
we indians are doing like that since ages we have had relations with both USSR and USA even at the hight of cold war , we still have great terms with Israel-Iran , saudia -iran , russia-USA, Japan -China- S korea and almost all opposing powerblocks and all owr dealings with each one of them is known to all of them/opposing powers still all of them are doing buisness with us ever wonderrd why ? cause we deal with each one of them on merit and mutually beneficial terms and no pocking in there internal matters or foriegn policy nothing emotional about it just plain and simple buisness ;)

Chabahar needs stability in Afghanistan .. :) simple
yea good move by antagonising Afghan Taliban

good luck with that

What Isreal has to do with it, they are nothing but business partner like Iran.

In Indian foreign relations there is no brother - sister countries bull crap.
you missed out KSA specially recent Modi's visit
Indian diplomacy is praise worthy.

as if saying. we dont care what issues you guys got among us. show us the money and lets do business

Now,this Investment in Iran clearly shows the defensive form of Narendra Modi in Afghanistan in future,Which will support Pakistan indirectly.........;)

Million dollar question is How India will handle ISIS threat in Afghanistan and to successfully run this trade route...........:P

we indians are doing like that since ages we have had relations with both USSR and USA even at the hight of cold war , we still have great terms with Israel-Iran , saudia -iran , russia-USA, Japan -China- S korea and almost all opposing powerblocks and all owr dealings with each one of them is known to all of them/opposing powers still all of them are doing buisness with us ever wonderrd why ? cause we deal with each one of them on merit and mutually beneficial terms and no pocking in there internal matters or foriegn policy nothing emotional about it just plain and simple buisness ;)
That is well said ,but this time this deal will hurt Arabs as well as Israel ,Reasons Why
1. Iran dependency mainly on oil and other derived products ,Imagine Indian trade thru Iran it will boost its economy on the same principles it will do for Pak with Chinese (you do the maths)
2. Iran conventional wisdom suggests that Iran will put more focused on its military might against Arab as well as Israel (Funding will be generated thru additional growth in GDP Current estimates are 2.5% of GDP) .Now there are only two possibilities either this deal is Hoax and result in no fundamental uplift in Iran economics or 2.5% constant and if there is additional 1% rise in GDP thru additional trade as speculated by many this additional (11 Billion $ will result in more) .Considering IRan defence forces are concentric around GCC ,ISrael ) regarding Merits or demerits there is no such thing in this world ,Sooner or later India has to pay (For relationship with US in cold war ,US supplied all topnotch weaponry to Pak which was arch rival to India ) Today US on the expense of India is even not releasing funds for Pak to fight there war .

India sidesteps Pakistan? Last i heard bhartis were crying in-front of Pakistan for trade route to Afg, and Pakistan rejected, so its otherwise, congratulation to all parties.

Indians have a self-obsession..and the press headlines represent that.

That is well said ,but this time this deal will hurt Arabs as well as Israel ,Reasons Why
1. Iran dependency mainly on oil and other derived products ,Imagine Indian trade thru Iran it will boost its economy on the same principles it will do for Pak with Chinese (you do the maths)
2. Iran conventional wisdom suggests that Iran will put more focused on its military might against Arab as well as Israel (Funding will be generated thru additional growth in GDP Current estimates are 2.5% of GDP) .Now there are only two possibilities either this deal is Hoax and result in no fundamental uplift in Iran economics or 2.5% constant and if there is additional 1% rise in GDP thru additional trade as speculated by many this additional (11 Billion $ will result in more) .Considering IRan defence forces are concentric around GCC ,ISrael ) regarding Merits or demerits there is no such thing in this world ,Sooner or later India has to pay (For relationship with US in cold war ,US supplied all topnotch weaponry to Pak which was arch rival to India ) Today US on the expense of India is even not releasing funds for Pak to fight there war .
well bottomline is that you still dont get it all saudia ,isreal and iran know very well about owr dealings with each one of them but unlike pakistan we dont tend to get emotional about it and start beleving and acting like my friend should be enemy of my enemy and vice versa its all about diplomacy nothing emotional ;)

well bottomline is that you still dont get it all saudia ,isreal and iran know very well about owr dealings with each one of them but unlike pakistan we dont tend to get emotional about it and start beleving and acting like my friend should be enemy of my enemy and vice versa its all about diplomacy nothing emotional ;)
Diplomacy or stabbing at the back ? Right !!! Cheers

Chahbahar port has been in existence for quite a while. It was initially conceived during Shah’s time in 1973. Iranian revolution delayed the implementation of the plan but it has been operational since 1983 and it was extensively used during the long Iran –Iran conflict. Bandar Abbas; the main Iranian port; is highly congested and Iran decided to develop Chahbahar as a deep sea port as early as 2002.

India, along with Oman, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan & Iran are part of the Ashgabat agreement to develop the shortest trade route between Central Asia & India. Now because of Pakistan’s refusal to let Indian goods transit passage to Afghanistan, Afghanistan has also joined.

Development of Chabahar port had been in abeyance primarily because Iran was under UN sanctions. Now that this impediment is no longer there, India with loads of Foreign Exchange is pushing ahead.

There is very little Pakistan can do about it.

Diplomacy or stabbing at the back ? Right !!! Cheers
no wonder why Pakistani diplomacy is there where it is despite the fact at one time indian envied pakistani diplomatic skills ... cheers mate ;)

you still dont get it anyway its stupid of me to talk logic with people like you ... my bad sorry and have a great day

I am not here to humiliate you, just telling you the ground realities.

India needs to play within its own "pajama", trying to come out of it, will be embarrassing.

Think about it.. Is there any difference between the two ?

Isn't one a part of the other ?
No for Pak this is the fundamental difference between Us and India .Don't mind i quoted India but most of the world we dont believe in backstabbing any one ,Any ways Iran or Israel should think that way

I am not here to humiliate you, just telling you the ground realities.

India needs to play within its own "pajama", trying to come out of it, will be embarrassing.
lolzz look who is talking ..... achha bhai mai darr gaya aab khush chall bye ;)

yea good move by antagonising Afghan Taliban

good luck with that
Thanks. :rofl: but We will see how it goes

you missed out KSA specially recent Modi's visit
Indian diplomacy is praise worthy.

as if saying. we dont care what issues you guys got among us. show us the money and lets do business
Nope. Correct wording would be we don't care what you do with others. We care only bilateral relations. You see your welfare and so will we and we can find way for mutual welfare as well.

We won't middle your affairs unless it affects us directly.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom