What's new

India sidesteps Pakistan in trade with big investment push for Iran's Chabahar

Geography lesson for some who think you have to go through Afghanistan to reach Central Asia.

Map_of_Central_Asia.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iran – Turkmenistan – Kazakhstan rail link inaugurated

tn_ir-ITK-railway-first-train.jpg

The celebrations at Incheh Borun on the border between Turkmenistan and Iran marked the completion of the Turkmen section of the 925 km Uzen – Serhetyaka – Bereket – Etrek – Gorgan corridor, which includes 140 km in Kazakhstan and 85 km in Iran.

According to Nazarbayev, completion of the line will boost rail traffic between the three countries from 3 million tonnes a year to 10 million, with the figure expected to reach 20 million tonnes by 2020.

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/...enistan-kazakhstan-rail-link-inaugurated.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North–South Transport Corridor

North_South_Transport_Corridor_%28NSTC%29.jpg

Dry runs of two routes were conducted in 2014, the first was Mumbai to Baku via Bandar Abbas and the second was Mumbai to Astrakhan via Bandar Abbas, Tehran and Bandar Anzali.

The results showed transport costs were reduced by "$2,500 per 15 tons of cargo".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North–South_Transport_Corridor
According to the map India will use sea route to Iran which is shortest rout to Russia but in case of Afghanistan India will use the usual route to Afghanistan.

I would've given this post a positive rating if I could.... simply for the ‘LOL' value that this post holds..!! Aapki intelligence ko Saat Topo ki salaami bhaijaan... :-)
Thanks i have written " in the case of completion of CPEC.

According to the map India will use sea route to Iran which is shortest rout to Russia but in case of Afghanistan India will use the usual route to Afghanistan.

Please refer to post no. 5 where it is mentioned that Chahbahar port will only be used for bilateral trade between India & Iran.

Afghanistan is but one part of the equation as can be seen in links provided.

As for the Afghan part;

Iran Backs Taliban With Cash and Arms
Shiite Tehran has quietly boosted ties with the Sunni militant group and is now recruiting and training its fighters

KABUL—When Abdullah, a Taliban commander in central Afghanistan, needs more rifles and ammunition, he turns to the same people who pay his $580-a-month salary: his Iranian sponsors.

“Iran supplies us with whatever we need,” he said.

Afghan and Western officials say Tehran has quietly increased its supply of weapons, ammunition and funding to the Taliban, and is now recruiting and training their fighters, posing a new threat to Afghanistan’s fragile security.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-backs-taliban-with-cash-and-arms-1434065528

Why did the Taliban go to Tehran?

While Tehran may not wish to see a return of a Taliban government on its eastern border, Iranian officials would not have a problem seeing the Taliban becoming part of the current western-backed Kabul administration through a much-awaited reconciliation.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/ir...an-delegation-official-visit-tehran-iran-isis

Thanks i have written " in the case of completion of CPEC.

Lmao.

That just shows how much india is hurt By gawadar port .... i am actually enjoying this ... Iran is clever country and using that jealousy to its advantage .... No body can stop the progress of Gawadar port .... and chabahar is no match for gawadar ..
off topic :-opar neche video dekha tone ?( glad to see modi government has started taking direct panga with china now <> !)
on topic : - investments in iran is a strategic investment for Bharat as it would help in rebuilding afganistan and development of iran and on the other hand china will burn her sweat shop labor money in some pipeline dream of bankrupts !

i wonder what Israelis have to say about it
does it really matters ?

is israel funding the project ?

has USA said anything against this project ?

hasnt USA already done a deal to waive off sanctions from Iran ?

dose USA is looking for a alternate route to afghanistan and central asia than pakistan afghansiatn route ?

do iran and afghanistan have any issues with this route ?

there are many questions which could be asked but the bottomline is no one yes no one makes stupid remarks or puts spanners when hey themselfs are in financial dealings with the main party involved but they always make such stupid demands from those dependent on them rest you can speculate yourself .... cheers mate :coffee:

Bravado and false ego is deadly combination. Unfortunately most of our neighbors are experiencing these symptoms. People have forgotten their geography lessons and in their chest thumping forgotten who is who in Afghanistan and who is controlling which part of that country. Southern Afghanistan is the Taliban heartland, also known as Pakhtoon belt. They can easily make a mince meat out of this India, Iran and Kabul regime wet dream.
and sir instead of rebuilding your economy you are more exited how some kind of trouble could brew up ... but tell me do you really think pakhtoons will themselfs put spanner in a corridoor which can make them and there coming genrations rich and non depentent on a another nation like never before ?

India should invest more in Iran to boost their economy.........:enjoy:
is that jealousy or what ?

isntead of iran i guess it would be good if you are worried about your economy Iran already is on brink of openeing up and they have second largest gas reserves and huge huge crude oil reserves and deu to there hard work and extreme sanctions they are way way ahead in diplomacy and fields of education sience and technology and industrial infra than you could ever imagine ... iran -aghanistan and india all are investing in this project to make money and get a secong source of income and trade routes tell me if you were in there postion what would you had done ... honestly ;)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom