What's new

India should have informed in advance about K-4 SLBM test:Pak .

ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Thursday expressed serious concern over Indian tests of nuclear-capable ballistic missiles, saying it would “disturb strategic balance in South Asia”.

Speaking at a weekly news briefing here, Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria said India should have informed Pakistan in advance about the test.

The spokesperson dismissed concerns about threats to Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal, saying the country enjoys safety of its weapons.

In March, India tested a nuclear capable long range submarine missile in the Indian Ocean.

This has raised concerns over the nuclear balance in the region, and more specifically the nuclearisation of the Indian Ocean. The Foreign Office had previously stated that Pakistan is ready to work with India to prevent an arms race in the region.

In February, the National Command Authority, the country’s top decision-making body on nuclear issues, had renewed the proposal for the Strategic Restraint Regime, which has been on the table since October 1998.

India has remained opposed to the proposal and avoided negotiations on the matter.

http://idrw.org/india-should-have-informed-in-advance-about-k-4-slbm-testpak/
Thats why its called a secret...

That was decided long back to avoide any misundaanding.
Sir , can you please share the exact agreement.

I don't think that specifying the exact name, weight, height of, missiles is to be given.

And without these, if we told that there will be a missile test, have the warnings means pretty much the location... then what's the problem.

The NAVAREA warning around that time is for 700 kms max whereas news report talks about 3000km or more full range test..

It should have been informed .. Perhaps the test could have been done during the period along with Agni 5 making the sub to be in sea but within the grid area of NAVAREA so all in all twin tests within the same period of 2 days..

CBMs are important things.. We should not err on it as tomo even Pakistan cab do the same and we are to be blamed for setting precedent

The NAVAREA warning around that time is for 700 kms max whereas news report talks about 3000km or more full range test..

It should have been informed .. Perhaps the test could have been done during the period along with Agni 5 making the sub to be in sea but within the grid area of NAVAREA so all in all twin tests within the same period of 2 days..

CBMs are important things.. We should not err on it as tomo even Pakistan cab do the same and we are to be blamed for setting precedent

It was fired from Bay to Bengal and landed in the Indian Ocean

Some 6000 KM away from Pakistan

How does Pakistan come into the Picture

Hell with such CBMs

They would have informed the Chinese ships and submarines
which are present in the Indian Ocean and Bay of Bengal

What would have India gained by loosing its strategic secrets

Thats why its called a secret...

There is nothing secret in modern world when thousands of life flying at 35,000 feet, and to save them you have to declare No fly zone before conducting the test.

Also for deterrence to work you have to declare your capabilities.

CBM my foot, and India capable to read NAVAREA warnings.

Also with Indian IMINT capabilities India capable to detect what going on in launch sites even before NAVAREA warnings. Further, in future India will be capable to detect ballistic missile launch from IR equipped sats.

Still don't get the logic of Informing about a "secret" test. The purpose the test is lost isn't it ? also some serious balance logic there... The only balance exists because dealing with em is like dealing with suicide bomber.

"Don't slap me when I hit you because then I am going to blow my house and your house to smithereens" that's the MAD doctrine (literally). Its no balance.
That is no secret. That is only secret for mango people like us.

The only reason not to declare would be lack of confidence in test it self....

They did not want a failed test to be monitored....

Blatant disregard of mutual agreement....and this will come back to bite them soon

We are not worried from failures , failures are simply pillars of success

Pak will bite us with what Nasar tests correct ?

The only reason not to declare would be lack of confidence in test it self....

They did not want a failed test to be monitored....

Blatant disregard of mutual agreement....and this will come back to bite them soon

Agreement deals with land based missile launches only .

So far india has conducted several test of SLBMs and didn't inform Pakistan about it as they are out of advance warning treaty signed between the two counties.

Now I feel sorry for the guys who were fighting that it was not the k4

Agreement deals with land based missile launches only .

So far india has conducted several test of SLBMs and didn't inform Pakistan about it as they are out of advance warning treaty signed between the two counties.

The agreement is for both land and sea. The rider is that it should not be not close to 40 kms from the border and trajectory not over Kashmir.

There is a slight ambiguity over bay of Bengal and in my thinking when the term sea is a clause covers bay of Bengal as well. But each side have their reservation on this agreement.

Quite irresponsible the harm would have come to India the most in form a retaliation counter strikes

We have every arrangements called off so no more CBMs as confidence is missing in this association...........

So let's be good enemies Good luck we don't give a quater nor expect from you

Quite irresponsible the harm would have come to India the most in form a retaliation counter strikes

Retaliation has many counters, everytime we give it good as we get and rawalpindi knows it very well....... so cool

We have informed you, but it was deep under the water so I think you couldn't hear us. :lol:
On Topic- what balance is pakistan talking about? India is miles ahead. Sometimes it is necessary to keep some secret for the national security.

Balance to Flat out india.. :woot::lol:

On Topic.. If there is an agreement both countries should follow the procedures.. :disagree:

Pak and India have a mutual agreement to inform each other in advance about missle test...!
Some times the C word is just not enough for these kind of people..

Woods for tress pal,woods for trees.

Back
Top Bottom