What's new

India should buy more new machine gun

Two type ZB-26 only has 20 or 30 bullets, 500bullets/m(8.3/s), 9.6KG, 1160mm length, Initial velocity:830m/s
1142532128-0.jpg

M249 Para:
200-round belt, 893 mm length, 9.1 kg(include 200 bullets), 915m/s
220px-Improved_M249_Machine_Gun.jpg

ZB-26 is outdated weapon, should be replaced

Comrade, you cant wait to show your "intelligence" here?!?!

do you want the indians to modernize their guns for shooting "sitting ducks"? Jeeeeze!

Even USA uses LMGs with 30 rd mags bro,they are unavoidable due to their light weight ,portability and ability for continous fire and quick reload.

Really? AFAIK the M 249 is the standard LMG of the US army.

Really? AFAIK the M 249 is the standard LMG of the US army.

The USMC is transitioning to the M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle from the belt-fed M249 light machine gun and the US Army is looking to do the same at some point.

Comrade, you cant wait to show your "intelligence" here?!?!

do you want the indians to modernize their guns for shooting "sitting ducks"? Jeeeeze!
mate who told you that the Indian Armed Forces use the outdated and obsolete WW-II ZB-26 LMG!yeah its true that our forces still use the outdated Bren L-4 LMG but this gun is a derivative of the original Bren LMG and is an upgraded model and though we have many other choices beside our own indigenous INSAS LMG our Armed forces like this particular LMG for its high stopping power,compactness and accuracy.so we can't do anything if our Armed Forces want to keep this LMG in service in the near future as they are still in love with this amazing machine gun.:coffee:
Bren light machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the case is a lot different in icK and our Xizang

Some monks are mis-guided by the SEPARATISTS whom your government provides protection to in india. We do not provide shelters to Kashmiris

The innocent folks in Xizang are never labelled as TERRORISTS by our Governmemt. A vast majority of people in Xizang are enjoying much much better living standards than Kashmiris in icK.

But you are still importing these though it didnt tell if the same kind of guns were included in the deal:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/191261-russia-deliver-ammunition-worth-1-billion-india.html

Our folks in Xizang dont want to leave us! Our folks have great lives there in Xizang!

Look there is no point in me trying to convince u to see the reality. if u really want to know then pls read some book on Kashmir issue by an unbiased author.

I don't intend to get in to a India v/s China discussion.

Not to troll, but how hard is it to make an assault rifle?

I mean we literally have disabled people making world class firearms in our country without the use of machinery???

Its not that its hard to make. The issue is the "sab chalta hai" attitude of the govt entities in the sub-continent. They have no incentive to produce a world class weapon cause they all get paid salaries and get promoted irrespective of how they perform.

Is it really that bad?

I've been trying to get my hands on one to fire at a range here in Texas to hear what all the hype is about.

I knew someone who had it here in Washington state and he did not like it one bit. Basically in front of FNs and Daniel Defense ARs, it did not come close in terms of workmanship. Things might have changed now cause this was an early era specimen

Two type ZB-26 only has 20 or 30 bullets, 500bullets/m(8.3/s), 9.6KG, 1160mm length, Initial velocity:830m/s
1142532128-0.jpg

M249 Para:

OMG, China army started to use ZB-26 since 1927.we killed many japs with ZB-26 we copied. :sniper:

1142532128-0.jpg

M249 Para:

We don't use the Zb Vz.26 we use the 7.62mm NATO 1B which is similar to the British L4 the Zb Vz.26 was chambered in 7.92x57mm Mauser the British BREN which was based on the Vz.26 was chambered in .303 British and L4 and 1B are chambered in 7.62 NATO.30 round magazines are standard for the 1B.

Ordnance Factory Board

It is outdated but has the excellent accuracy because of the 25" barrel and heavy punch of the 7.62 NATO, I hope it is replaced by a 7.62mm Belt Fed Machine Gun like the Negev NG7 or the Minimi 7.62.

The USMC is transitioning to the M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle from the belt-fed M249 light machine gun and the US Army is looking to do the same at some point.

The M27 is complementing the M249 LMG in USMC service they are not replacing them.The US Army is not interested in a M27 IAR type Automatic Rifle.

If making remarks against smaller non supaa powa nation gives you your jollies then feel free. :lol: ;)

Pakistan gets spited by USA, while India gets owned by....Italy. :rofl:

From today's news, it is India that owned Italy. But Pakistan still keeps getting owned by the USA, so that part is still valid. LOL.

Physics havn't changed, properties of materials havn't changed; buying new rifles is pointless if you doing for the sake of it.

Its not that its hard to make. The issue is the "sab chalta hai" attitude of the govt entities in the sub-continent. They have no incentive to produce a world class weapon cause they all get paid salaries and get promoted irrespective of how they perform.

I knew someone who had it here in Washington state and he did not like it one bit. Basically in front of FNs and Daniel Defense ARs, it did not come close in terms of workmanship. Things might have changed now cause this was an early era specimen

How come the INSAS is available for civilian use outside India...as far as I know Insas cannot be sold directly to civilians by the OFB...maybe your friend has got one through from the lot which we had exported to some friendly country..

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom