What's new

India should buy more new machine gun

CRPF is paramilitary force not army,besides machine guns don't become obsolete.See german army still uses mg-42 of ww2.Americans browning hmg.

CRPF is paramilitary force not army,besides machine guns don't become obsolete.See german army still uses mg-42 of ww2.Americans browning hmg.

Good point, but AFAIK we have the only major military that uses LMGs with 30 rd mags.

Buddy just the way you call Tibetan people as terrorists we call them terrorist. If u dont feel these are terrorists then the Tibetans are also not terrorists and separatist.

the case is a lot different in icK and our Xizang

Some monks are mis-guided by the SEPARATISTS whom your government provides protection to in india. We do not provide shelters to Kashmiris

The innocent folks in Xizang are never labelled as TERRORISTS by our Governmemt. A vast majority of people in Xizang are enjoying much much better living standards than Kashmiris in icK.

and Yes we can make our own machine guns:

insas+assault+rifle.jpg

But you are still importing these though it didnt tell if the same kind of guns were included in the deal:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/191261-russia-deliver-ammunition-worth-1-billion-india.html

So when you are planning to move out of Tibet ??? You should follow what you preach.
Or consider applying little modification of your user name on your own mouth idiota

Our folks in Xizang dont want to leave us! Our folks have great lives there in Xizang!

the people are not terrorists as your government has labelled! shut your mouth even if you dont admit intruding into other people's sovereighty territories, as usual!

Great...now we have listen about this from a Chinese now. Great going bro.......

Our folks in Xizang dont want to leave us! Our folks have great lives there in Xizang!

Exactly that's my point. The people of Tibet want YOUR people and that name out of their motherland.

Why do you think they are burning themselves ??? They don't want or like Chinese in their spiritual country which you occupy by force

INSAS are the worst rifles in the world. One of my associates had the 'mis'-fortune of getting hands on one. He said that the lack of machining and self-respect in one's work showed through. The rifle supposedly "manufactured" by the Indian ordnance factory have such bad workmanship, he was afraid to actually shoot it and decided to get rid of it rather than risk his limbs for 500 bucks.

After 60 years, if we can't manufacture a decent AR, what can be expected out of us??

INSAS are the worst rifles in the world. One of my associates had the 'mis'-fortune of getting hands on one. He said that the lack of machining and self-respect in one's work showed through. The rifle supposedly "manufactured" by the Indian ordnance factory have such bad workmanship, he was afraid to actually shoot it and decided to get rid of it rather than risk his limbs for 500 bucks.

After 60 years, if we can't manufacture a decent AR, what can be expected out of us??

Is it really that bad?

I've been trying to get my hands on one to fire at a range here in Texas to hear what all the hype is about.

Is it really that bad?

I've been trying to get my hands on one to fire at a range here in Texas to hear what all the hype is about.

Its not that bad, it somehow does its job. Otherwise we would have replaced it 15 years ago. Now we are looking for a new AR.

Its not that bad, it somehow does its job. Otherwise we would have replaced it 15 years ago. Now we are looking for a new AR.

Not to troll, but how hard is it to make an assault rifle?

I mean we literally have disabled people making world class firearms in our country without the use of machinery???

Not to troll, but how hard is it to make an assault rifle?

I mean we literally have disabled people making world class firearms in our country without the use of machinery???

INSAS was our first assault rifle, certainly not world class but it has done its job for over 15 years now. And its not just how you manufacture guns, the main issue is design. The Israelis manufactured SMGs in mass in baasements without tools during the 1948 war.

But I doubt that the next AR will be designed in India.... it will likely go to a US or European company.

XgSQT.jpg

at a firing range, as good as fal fnc

thus a god rifle but not one of the absolute top end (applies for all in asia)

XgSQT.jpg

at a firing range, as good as fal fnc

thus a god rifle but not one of the absolute top end (applies for all in asia)

INSAS is a decent rifle but there are many shorcomings that have not yet been adressed in this rifle.

1. Rear Sight - A rifle must never have its rear sight on dust cover. The dust cover of INSAS is made of a thin stamped metal sheet and every time the rifle is disassembeled or goes through rigours of battle it looses its zero. A better solution would be to build the rear sight into the reciever itself.

2. Magazine Capacity - Increase it from 20 rounds to 30-35 rounds.

3. Weight Reduction - Consult some gun manufacturers about the design and construct and reduce its weight.

Good point, but AFAIK we have the only major military that uses LMGs with 30 rd mags.

Even USA uses LMGs with 30 rd mags bro,they are unavoidable due to their light weight ,portability and ability for continous fire and quick reload.

Two type ZB-26 only has 20 or 30 bullets, 500bullets/m(8.3/s), 9.6KG, 1160mm length, Initial velocity:830m/s
1142532128-0.jpg

M249 Para:
200-round belt, 893 mm length, 9.1 kg(include 200 bullets), 915m/s
220px-Improved_M249_Machine_Gun.jpg

ZB-26 is outdated weapon, should be replaced

Back
Top Bottom