What's new

India should become super power in sports also: Union Minister for Home Rajnath Singh

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Bengaluru: Union Minister for Home Rajnath Singh today said that India should become super power not only in economy but also in sports.
“The 21st century belongs to India and the country should become super power not only in economy but also in sports which is very important for recognition in the world arena,” he said, speaking after inaugurating renovated Rani Kittur Chennamma Stadium here.
Mr Singh said there were days when Indian sportspersons were satisfied with participation in Olympics and world competition and earning fifth or sixth place.
“Now days have changed, our sportspersons have proved that they are not lagging behind by winning medals in Olympics and world tournaments,” he added.
Taking names of Mari Kom in boxing and recent achievement of ace shuttler Saina Nehwal, who became world number one, Mr Singh said there was need to change mindset and encourage sports.
There were days when studying well and becoming officer was a great achievement but now things had changed and it had been proved that sports was also an important field and could be opted for attaining professionalism, he said.

India should become super power in sports also: Rajnath Singh | Day & Night News

How was the performance of Indian athletes in Summer Olympics and Winter Olympics? Which sport do you prefer to watch during Olympics?

Also? lol
1403058148793.png

How was the performance of Indian athletes in Summer Olympics and Winter Olympics? Which sport do you prefer to watch during Olympics?

For Summer Olympics 2008, India has 1 Gold, 0 Silver, 2 Bronze, Ranked #50. Top 30 countries are:
2008.png

For Summer Olympics 2012, India has 0 Gold, 2 Silver, 4 Bronze, Ranked #55. Top 30 countries are:
2012.png

Last edited:
For Summer Olympics 2008, top 30 countries are:
View attachment 211731

For Summer Olympics 2012, top 30 countries are:
View attachment 211732

Summer Olympics:o:. Well, I guess gymnastics are alright:smitten:. Cute guys (and girls:p:) in tight clothes:smitten:.

When India and China compete on an even level with Russia, Sweden, the US, Finland and Canada in Ice Hockey, then we know the balance of power has fully shifted East.

130206173757-alex-ovechkin-1-single-image-cut.jpg

For Summer Olympics 2008, India has 1 Gold 2 Bronze, Ranked #50. Top 30 countries are:
View attachment 211731

For Summer Olympics 2012, India has 2 Silver 4 Bronze, Ranked #55. Top 30 countries are:
View attachment 211732

Which do you like better and which matters more to the average Chines citizen, Summer or Winter? I get the impression Summer would be the answer, we Russians like them both as our gymnasts and Ice Hockey teams tend to do well enough.

For Summer Olympics 2008, India has 1 Gold 2 Bronze, Ranked #50. Top 30 countries are:
View attachment 211731

For Summer Olympics 2012, India has 2 Silver 4 Bronze, Ranked #55. Top 30 countries are:
View attachment 211732
China has done greatly in Summer Olympics, but I hope she can do better in Winter one . Government should encourage citizens take part in winter sports by opening up more facilities, especially in Northern China and NE China.

Summer Olympics:o:. Well, I guess gymnastics are alright:smitten:. Cute guys (and girls:p:) in tight clothes:smitten:.

When India and China compete on an even level with Russia, Sweden, the US, Finland and Canada in Ice Hockey, then we know the balance of power has fully shifted East.

View attachment 211733

Which do you like better and which matters more to the average Chines citizen, Summer or Winter? I get the impression Summer would be the answer, we Russians like them both as our gymnasts and Ice Hockey teams tend to do well enough.
Gymnasts of course! And figure skating!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom