What's new

India sets 'daunting' export target of $350 bn for current fiscal

India will get this target.Last financial year the target was USD 300 Billion and we have crossed it.Oil import for India roughly stands at USD 12 Billion/months and its the major import bill for India.But last Year India exported Petrol/Diesel(finished product) in the tune of USD 40 Billion mainly to europe and this trend is growing as refining is become less profitable in europe and more and more refinary are shutting down the business there.Indian players like RIL,Essar Oil has made huge investment for processing high quality light crude to very heavy crude.So new avenues are opening in export segment too.So USD 350 billion is no problem.

Hey, better late than never!! And thank you Dr MMS-God send.

Thats the sad part here. Its not just the media, but even the common man get to believe that the credit is of MMS, while the main sutradari(root of revolution) P.V.Narasimha Rao was let to rot in hell.

Just because MMS was the FM at that time dont make him the initiator, I am no fan boy of congress or PVNR, but credit has to be given where its due.

First of all , the credit goes to PVNR who realized the need for economic reforms and initiated the process with I.G.Patel(FYI, Ex-governor of RBI) While Patel developed the whole blue print and the laid the foundation stone he rejected to become a politician(Yes, he rejected the PVNR offer of making him the FM which was later passed onto MMS who literally succeeded the post of RBI governor after I.G.Patel)

Infact Patel took the role of Director of London School of Economics and Political Science after his RBI job and was invoked by PVNR to lay a road to the economic liberalization.MMS was a nutshell following the Patels footsteps at that time.

In my opinion all MMS did was following the blue print made by I.G.Patel by taking the role of FM.

Back
Top Bottom