What's new

India set to buy 42 more Russian Su-30 fighter jets

Let move this discussion to MRCA thread, Sancho tried once, lets paste the query there and then start replying from there, what do you say.
Actually this is regarding a possible MKI upg, we just posted examples of ECM and jamming pods. But you are right about other MMRCA related discussions!

also i think with the current war doctrine of fighting at two fronts it wouldnt be bad at all to get the no. of squadrons up to atleast 55 or 60.this is what we will have by 2020
SU-30/MKI-270(I WISH IF IAF CAN ORDER ANOTHER 60)
MMRCA-126(AND ANOTHER 74 HOPEFULLY)
MIG29K'S UPGRADED-61
MIRAGE 2000 UPRADED-51
JAGUAR-100
MIG 27-100
MIG 21 BISON-125(EARLIER MODELS OF MIG 21 R GETTING RETIRED BUT MIG BISON WILL STAY UNTIL 2025)
LCA TEJAS 250(I HOPE WE CAN MASS PRODUCE THIS AIRCRAFT THIS WILL ALSO GIVE US ECONMIES OF SCALE AND COVER UP NUMBERS ALSO:agree::agree:

HAL Sunabeda unit gets new facility for Sukhoi-30

The engine division of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) at Sunabeda in Orissa's Koraput district has got a separate overhauling department for Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter aircraft.

The facility was inaugurated by Union Minister of state for defence, M M Pallam Raju on Saturday.

The people of the state must be feeling proud for having a division of HAL at Sunabeda, Raju said. He also visited the M S Swaminathan Research Foundation at Jeypore in the same district.

The minister, who reached Sunabeda in a special helicopter, also reviewed the performance of the engine division of HAL, a public sector undertaking of the Government of India.

The engine division of HAL has a long term plan to undertake manufacture of AL-31FP engines for Sukhoi-30 KLI aircraft under license, sources said. The division has a unique distinction of manufacturing almost all types of components required for the manufacture and overhaul of engines and spares for service exploitation.

Sukhoi-30 MKI is a twin-engine military aircraft developed by Russia’s Sukhoi Aviation Corporation and is overhauled at the HAL’s engine division at Sunabeda before being supplied to the Indian Air Force (IAF).

I believe India should have atleast 500 SU-30MKIs, with constant/on-going up-gradation program in place!
Wouldn't be a good idea, too big RCS and to expensive in maintenace. MMRCA will not have this disadvantages and hopefully will complement MKI and its capabilities.

Guys its good to hear the news, but then again i wonder if the IAF guys looked at the Su-35BM. I understand that we have license production of the Su-30 MKI but then again we could have procured 42 SU-35 BM straight up, I am not sure if money was the sole reason.

Further, I don't think they would have required massive extra training on this jet given it is just an improved Su-27. We would have gotten a a couple of squadrons of these beasts.

Also, I think there have been some changes in the Su-35BMs airframe which serve to reduce its RCS.

I think it would have been a good choice.

It will be great if some of the senior members can explain?

:cheers:

Mahakaya....

MKI = Su3O+Su37+Su35

Infact Su35 in inferior to MKI in many aspects. And MKI is said to be customised version of Su35.

MKI is the best flanker.

Thia is not my blind faith, if u reda in detail u'll get to the same conclusion.

Sancho, desi or praveen may telll u more

Guys its good to hear the news, but then again i wonder if the IAF guys looked at the Su-35BM. I understand that we have license production of the Su-30 MKI but then again we could have procured 42 SU-35 BM straight up, I am not sure if money was the sole reason.

Further, I don't think they would have required massive extra training on this jet given it is just an improved Su-27. We would have gotten a a couple of squadrons of these beasts.

Also, I think there have been some changes in the Su-35BMs airframe which serve to reduce its RCS.

I think it would have been a good choice.

It will be great if some of the senior members can explain?

The main point here is, that IAF and RuAF have a different doctrines! While RuAF use single seat fighters (which are lighter and more useful for A2A) for the air superiority role and twin seat fighter bombers versions (Su 34) for the strike role, IAF needs a twin seat fighter to fulfill it's doctrine in both roles. That's is the same reason why we want a twin seat FGFA and not, or not only the normal single seat Pak Fa.

Mahakaya....

MKI = Su3O+Su37+Su35

Infact Su35 in inferior to MKI in many aspects. And MKI is said to be customised version of Su35.

MKI is the best flanker.

Thia is not my blind faith, if u reda in detail u'll get to the same conclusion.

We have to differ here, the original Su 35 had canards and TVC similar to MKI, or Su 37. What the Russians have now is the Su35 BM, a modernised version that has improvments over the MKI. The N035 Irbis PESA radar for example, is said to be based on our Bars radar, but is further developed, also for RCS and weight reductions, it uses more composites and RAM materials. The canards are gone for the same reason, because they are not necessarily needed at the single seat, that also has 3D TVC and SC with the new S117 engines.

The Su 35BM is clearly the best Flanker at the moment in A2A, just like the Su 34 is the best in A2G, but our MKI and the MKM are very close to both and fits pretty much in between.
The MKI upgrade will clearly give them a boost, Bars AESA, additional weapons, new engine for more maneuverability and hopefully some RCS/weight reductions too.

Mahakaya....

MKI = Su3O+Su37+Su35

MKI is the best flanker.

sorry to be rude but happy to be correct the most advanced su-27 version is su-35 which wil be in russian air force .... CURRENTLY the most advanced su-30 derivative is the MKM not the MKI...cant wait for the MKI mlu deal though

sorry to be rude but happy to be correct the most advanced su-27 version is su-35 which wil be in russian air force .... CURRENTLY the most advanced su-30 derivative is the MKM not the MKI...cant wait for the MKI mlu deal though

MKM is a2g primarily and mki is a2a prominently, where is the comparison?

Back
Top Bottom