What's new

India set to buy 42 more Russian Su-30 fighter jets

Hey Sancho, you mentioned bars AESA in your earlier post. Can you please throw some light on the topic?

MKM is a2g primarily and mki is a2a prominently, where is the comparison?

you cant specifically distinguish in a multi-role fighter weather its for a2a or a2g .... just becoz it has MAWS it dosent mean its primarily for A2G

sorry to be rude but happy to be correct the most advanced su-27 version is su-35 which wil be in russian air force .... CURRENTLY the most advanced su-30 derivative is the MKM not the MKI...cant wait for the MKI mlu deal though
:cheers:

MKM is a2g primarily and mki is a2a prominently, where is the comparison?

The MKM is an MKI without the Israeli parts! They have the same Bars radar, canards and TVC, also it has a lot of French parts, but has Damocles targeting pod, instead of Litening and most important has the original Russian EWS, instead of the Israeli EWS.
The MKI only don't offer MAWS that the MKM has, but this doesn't make it technically superior, but I would say those israeli techs still give some advantages over the MKM!

The Su 30 MK generally was meant for multi role and better strike capability that the single seat Su 27, or Su 35. That's why even China bought the MKK alongside their single seat Su 27 and J11, but the base remains the Su 27 air superiority fighter.
MKI and MKM are as good as any Su 30MK version in A2G, but are the best when it comes to A2A performance, because of canards, TVC, Bars radar.

Hey Sancho, you mentioned bars AESA in your earlier post. Can you please throw some light on the topic?

Sudhir007s link is good for more infos about it!

New pic from keypubs forum. Supposed to be the new antenna for BARS slated for upgrade. This should also come as a standard fit for the new mki's to be ordered. The detection/track ranges are set to double and the number of targets (tracks) is set to triple.

barsi.jpg

Frankly, seems to me to be the same old bars. But looks can be deceiving!

New pic from keypubs forum. Supposed to be the new antenna for BARS slated for upgrade. This should also come as a standard fit for the new mki's to be ordered. The detection/track ranges are set to double and the number of targets (tracks) is set to triple.
barsi.jpg

Frankly, seems to me to be the same old bars. But looks can be deceiving!

The bars has a range of 350km which is already rediculously far, 700km seems almost impossible, but if it's true than this would be a breakthrough.

The bars has a range of 350km which is already rediculously far, 700km seems almost impossible, but if it's true than this would be a breakthrough.

700km

:D :mps:

...if you strap on a booster and launch the SU-30 into orbit :toast_sign:

our ptldM3 is turning into a fan..boy :blink: stay with us M3 we need you to stay sane..:lol:

Not really i'm actually skeptical of the range, btw i'm making plans to visit Texas :toast_sign: :D

are you serious? or is it like the time you said you went to Pakistan?:lol:

are you serious? or is it like the time you said you went to Pakistan?:lol:

I had business in Pakistan :triniti: yes i'm serious about Texas, i always wanted to visit Houston although i don't know when i will go, but for now i'm going to Vegas this summer :toast_sign: what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :cool:

I have never come across any verifiable source claiming such a high detection range for BARS radar. What's the range of IRBIS? If i remember corrrectly, it had a much better range compared to Bars. I would guess that they are planning on just changing the front end considering how modular bars was supposed to be. I think the current BARS has a 150km range for 1 sq. m targets.

I have never come across any verifiable source claiming such a high detection range for BARS radar. What's the range of IRBIS? If i remember corrrectly, it had a much better range compared to Bars. I would guess that they are planning on just changing the front end considering how modular bars was supposed to be. I think the current BARS has a 150km range for 1 sq. m targets.

I thought you were talking about the NO11N BARS which has a range of 350km.

...but for now i'm going to Vegas this summer :toast_sign: what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :cool:
Sheri's Cabaret, motto: Your Pleasure Is Our Business, is nice enough, but no booze. Me the guys prefers Cheetah for the liquor but because of the liquor, the club is topless. Stay south of Charleston Blvd, that is the official 'unofficial' line where the 'bad' parts of LV begins. If you are a computer geek, then make time to hit Fry's. No self respecting geek would miss a Fry's store in any city that has one. Go see Zumanity and take a date. If you have never seen a Cirque de Soleil show before, Zumanity is for adults and is a treat. My G/F is a blackjack dealer at the Sahara but she got us free tickets to Cirqe's 'O' at the Belagio and it was great.

Back
Top Bottom