What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like IAF, purely on technical terms..!!

No political views..

If there is a war with Pakistan/China, I would prefer in EF than Rafale to cross the broder..:azn:

Dont worry Raffy will send smally ( Mirage ) for that.;)

Guys,Is Thales AESA Radar operational or if it is on development then when will it be completed??

The radar is ready and serial production has started, but the first fighters with the radar, will be inducted only by 2012/13, because there are still some integration of other avionic and engine upgrades going on. New weapons are likely as well, the French asked for enhanced Paveway LGBs and as I meantioned before, Brimstone seems to be an option now. France itself is integrating and testing AASM with different guidance systems and weight classes, especially the 2000lb, that the French forces wants.

France will sell it's own mother for $$ they want to open up defence ties with China so i go for the EF also :cheers:

The much troubled highly priced EF is a well tailored excuse of the IAF for its preferance on Rafale :azn:

The much troubled highly priced EF is a well tailored excuse of the IAF for its preferance on Rafale :azn:

true L1 will make Rafale ahead of the EF but i have a sneaking feeling the EF will take the crown :cheers:

true L1 will make Rafale ahead of the EF but i have a sneaking feeling the EF will take the crown :cheers:

That means tech of GE414, SNecma-Kaveri and Euro jet.. God damn it...

That means tech of GE414, SNecma-Kaveri and Euro jet.. God damn it...

We can perhaps use the single crystal blade technology the Eurojet will give us for AMCA plus the EF has so much growth potential it is the newest jet of them all and we can even fit the baby with thrust vector engines which will give it 10% extra boost if we want in the future

Either platform would be a great addition for the IAF and PAF definitely have their work cut out in front of them. One thing working for Rafale is the possibility of a future induction by the IN which would allow logistics to be simplified across the IAF/IN (something that may be the case with the Mig-29 induction by the IN).

If twin engine aircrafts only mean higher maintenance than all those developed F-22, PAK FA, Typhoon, Rafale, F-18, MKI are fools and you have got them. That is a totally ridiculous and funny idea. Its not strange that those stupids made such point but there is no point in arguing over that. Twin engine aircrafts have many advantages mainly two, like if an engine got problem still the fighter can fly, higher payloads, higher maneuverability.

They are not fools. They have ability to build their own planes, their own simulators and what not. We are buying their stuff if that idea is lost on you. Comparing us to actual makers is downright idiotic. India has very shoddy maintenance record. If you had actually build that plane, then we can argue about the merits and demerits and 2 engine plane.

I just had a simple logic, why will you go for oldies when you have fresh kids on the block?

Back
Top Bottom