What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What news ? havent got any further updates ? any word from Amerikan's ?

No US response so far, however the revised bid is pretty much indicating that these are the final fighters and SAAB news release.You got any source?.
I am sure US is going fight back now,

in the begining of the month they said that HAL may not be able to handle F-18 production line.
I dont know if this could be an indication of downplaying their delisting in MRCA, giving an excuse out?

side note: did you say you were only 16? parents must be proud of you- I know many here are w/ your knowledge. someday tell us how you got to be such a military enthusiasts

Todays kids are very smart. Sometimes I find it unbelievable.

No US response so far, however the revised bid is pretty much indicating that these are the final fighters and SAAB news release.You got any source?.
I am sure US is going fight back now,

in the begining of the month they said that HAL may not be able to handle F-18 production line.
I dont know if this could be an indication of downplaying their delisting in MRCA, giving an excuse out?

Naa i dont think that would be true...Amerikan's are just too big to react in this way...in other words they dont need to prove to anymove...F18 and 16 are both legendary fighters in their own rights...

Just saw SAAB confirmation...well that makes it official....

I agree with you on one point...Amerikans will play it dirty...allegations and accusations will soon be out....

side note: did you say you were only 16? parents must be proud of you- I know many here are w/ your knowledge. someday tell us how you got to be such a military enthusiasts

Thank you for your respect towards me.I may be 16 but my heart lies in defence and military stuff.i love every minute in PDF.i have become so interested in defence by following u guys for the past three years.i have just started my Class-XI and i want to join IAF as a fighter pilot.i love india,armed forces and i love all indian members here that's what inspires me to share my lil knowledge which have with all my bhaiyas.

One very important feature of the Rafale is the SPECTRA virtual software based Stealth Electronic Warfare and Defensive Aids Suite.this entire suite is integrated internally and it houses an Infraded Missile Warning System,a Radar Warning Receiver along with Chaff and Flare Dispensers.the Spectra houses a self protection jammer which has the capability of stealthy modes of Jamming along with Active Cancellation Technology.this gives the Heavy Protection in a net-centric warfare.this Spectra is made by THALES and EADS FRANCE.the Topsight-E Helmet Mounted Sight along with the MBDA AIM-132 ASRAAM in WVR Combat and MBDA Meteor in BVR combat makes it a lethal platform.

You should be playing around at 16...instead of all the virtual stealth talk.. :)

Jokes apart...EF also has plans to put such system in place...i think it has some of those capabilities but not yet fully matured as Spectra....and ohhh some people say that Spectra has Active cancellation system OR software based stealth...no to take it away from Spectra, i think its full BS. Spectra is a RWR/Electronic warefare unit alebit a good one.

Thank you for your respect towards me.I may be 16 but my heart lies in defence and military stuff.i love every minute in PDF.i have become so interested in defence by following u guys for the past three years.i have just started my Class-XI and i want to join IAF as a fighter pilot.i love india,armed forces and i love all indian members here that's what inspires me to share my lil knowledge which have with all my bhaiyas.

Wish you all the best and take good care of Raffy's

Indian Govt. has balls......................

After this...........US reaction:angry:

1. India is not Fit for UN permanent seat.
2. Pakistan is our(US) true friend.
3. Will have to rethink our(US) Strategic partnership with India.
4. Obama plans visit to Pakistan.
5. Bla Bla Bla...................

I dont think american's will be concerned due to this,if they value business they value India.

Apart from being in contention for the $10.4 billion contract for 126 combat planes for the Indian Air Force (IAF), Boeing is a hot contender in the $650-million tender for 22 attack helicopters and a $700-million bid for 15 heavy-lift cargo helicopters.

The firm will also offer a 'diet' version of its P8 Poseidon plane for the Indian Navy's requirement of a medium-range maritime reconnaissance (MRMR) aircraft when the tenders are issued. Though there is no mention of the number of MRMR aircraft required in the present request for information, it is likely to be around 10 planes worth $2 billion.

Boeing has already bagged a $170-million order, through the US' foreign military sales route, to supply 24 units of Harpoon Block-II anti-ship missiles for the IAF's maritime-strike Jaguar fighter jets.

Our hands are pretty full. There's lots going on," Christopher M. Chadwick, president of Boeing Military Aircraft, told IANS in an interview here.

Boeing has pitted its F/A-18 in the Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) deal against US firm Lockheed Martin's F-16, Russian United Aircraft Corporation's MiG-35, French Dassault's Rafale, European consortium EADS' Eurofighter Typhoon and Swedish SAAB's Gripen.

The likely winner of the MMRCA contract is expected to be known in a month or two, with the deal being signed before March 2012.

"We are really excited about the opportunity that still exists in MMRCA. In the months that have gone by in the competition, we have a viable offering, because the F/A-18 Super Hornet provides the right capability at the right cost with fairly low risk. In addition it gives the right life cycle cost," said Chadwick, who was here to review his company's campaigns for these deals.

He said Boeing had worked "closely" with its Indian industry partners, particularly with the public sector Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, "not just to provide work but also to enhance their abilities" by holding classes and programmes in management and manufacturing.

Naa i dont think that would be true...Amerikan's are just too big to react in this way...in other words they dont need to prove to anymove...F18 and 16 are both legendary fighters in their own rights...

I agree with you on one point...Amerikans will play it dirty...allegations and accusations will soon be out....

Anthony is playing it safe..Dont think Amerikan pressure will have its effect..

However both Fighters are close..It will be a very tough call..

Buddy, I dont think so, US doesnt consider itself verybig now and its economic time and these are hard, even US will feel the pinch of loosing a $10+ billion dollar contract and further cakes that was on the way due to MRCA. So you never know, sounds like they already knew they were out, they were making a passage.

Wait for some cables:)

Well good and bad news is -- Saint Antony is in charge

Good news - He wont bow to Amerikan pressure --as we saw during the gates episode...

Bad news -- Any slight hint of corruption/allegation..the entire deal will come to a halt .....This is the more scary part.

Lets just speculate the reasons for which any of these can be rejected.. would be fun..

Back
Top Bottom