What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guess that rules out Boeing..again!!

Not since Brazil has a new president, she is leaning towards the US and searches for better political relations to them, while the former president wanted Brazil to be more independent, that's why he prefered the French. A lot of the Brazilian airforce and industry would prefer the Gripen, because it is operationally more than enough for a country that not have real enemies at their borders and would offer more participation of their industry, since the Gripen is not fully developed yet.
And that all describes the chaos in that competition, because they have a lot of different opionions, many things are openly said by officials via the media and the requirements are changing again and again. When you compare the MMRCA with their competition, even with all our delays, IAF and A.K. Antony looks much more professional and we haven't that much PR and pressure from the privat defence industry. People should keep that in mind as well when asking about more privat sector involvement in Indian defence procurements!

Because they don't like it... Germany even stopped pistol to india

your reason are hard to understand...they are selling planes which delivers destruction only..not flowers
if this is the case than y german chancellors projected EFT in india...

btw,my question is ..can eft carry nuke delivering missiles??if it is,then how many??

Typhoon and Rafael have been making quite a few promotions. Including the live combat display over Libya. Wonder when Gripen will do the same? Does anyone have a functional Gripen Squadron yet?

Gripen is deployed in Libya as well, but in air policing and reconnaissance roles. Here is a pic of the latest supplied Gripens and Saab 340 Erieye AWACS of the Thai air force:

Thailand%2BAEW-roled%2BSaab%2B340%2Band%2BGripen%2BD.jpg

your reason are hard to understand...they are selling planes which delivers destruction only..not flowers

btw,my question is ..can eft carry nuke delivering missiles??if it is,then how many??

who told you? it is for Defence... we can use it to shoot the intruders or do a kargil style war drop the bombs on our own land.. If you need to attack others.. Either Indian, Russian or France..

If you test nukes also those EFT will be grounded

Any fighter can carry a nuklear weapon if it's integrated, but that doesn't mean the manufacturer country, or company will allow it. Besides that, in such a role, each fighter will only carry a single weapon!

who told you? it is for Defence... we can use it to shoot the intruders or do a kargil style war drop the bombs on our own land.. If you need to attack others.. Either Indian, Russian or France..

If you test nukes also those EFT will be grounded

so does france allows us to do?
i heard that french rafale for indian nuclear command

France will allow... we had done it in Kargil and France was generous enough to ease it for money... The main reason for the such a high cost in Mirage MLU is because Nuclear command is with Mirages... thats why Thales are charging us more to either go for upgrade or buy Rafale for that

Lets say it is more likely, since they have a nuclear role for their fighters as well and have been generously looking away when we customised the Mirage 2000 with Israeli help, but I don't think they will sell us the ASMP - A nuclear missile, because of international laws, while they probably might sell ToT to develop such a missile. Several graphics of Nirbhay cruise missile looks very similar to ASMP - A and we defenitely got some ToT of an SSBN/SSN with the Scorpene sub deal.

Compilation of Rafale launching weapons.

AASM, Exocet, Scalp EG, MICA, Paveway, AS-30L, Apache, ASMP-A

Last edited by a moderator:
Any fighter can carry a nuklear weapon if it's integrated, but that doesn't mean the manufacturer country, or company will allow it. Besides that, in such a role, each fighter will only carry a single weapon!

Why all this talk about being able to carry a nuke? A nuclear warhead is nothing but another payload. If the fighter has specs to allow carrying payloads that can integrate nuclear warheads in them, they will be used to carry them.
No country will openly say it is using the planes to carry nuclear warheads.

If India selects any one of these by end of this year then how long they will get 126 MMRCA,
Keeping in mind that both EF & Rafale dont have AESA Radars.

Back
Top Bottom