What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there shud be few dollars for the europeans also............i will prefer to purchase 200 fighters with split orders..

Then the IAF will be operating too many different aircraft to be really efficient and the split will reduce the offers on the table since both corps. know they are both getting orders anyways.
From a technical POV, the EF does not meet the multi-role requirement set by IAF. It is slightly better for A2A and even then the Rafale's lower RCS makes it more desirable for A2A combat.

RAZOR you are bang on with your comments.

There are too many combat types should be no more than 3

AND RAFALE ticks all the boxes

IAF should get on with it

Rafale weapon configs, this time in high resolution:

rafaleposter.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1882/rafaleposter.jpg

domain-b.com : Commercial bids for MMRCA tender to open next week?

New Delhi: With the French defence minister already in Delhi and German chancellor Angel Merkel due to arrive for a one day working visit the stage is set for the opening of commercial bids for India's $11 billion tender for 126 medium range multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA). Reports suggest the bids will be opened next week.

The opening of the commercial bids would reveal the lowest bidder and allow commercial negotiations to commence.

Reports suggest that though Dassault may boast of low costs, Eurofighter's offer of industrial partnership may turn out to be a game changer.

I was listening to news, they have mentioned that 1st round of acceptance has cleared for EF. INDIA has given some suggestions and GERMANY has accepted those ones.
What do you think guys,
1st round of acceptance has cleared for EF
Is it regarding the shortlisting of EF out of 6 contenders or they have moved to second stage?

Seems like France will get the upgradation of Mirage project and INDIA will choose EF for MMRCA but I personally like Rafael though

I changed royalties last week.

I am now ALL GAME for the TYPHOON.

Go EF Go.

Euro Fighter will win .. no doubt.

The best air superiority fighter is needed to defend any future threats.

Migs ,Mirages and LCA's are more than enough to western borders.

Is it regarding the shortlisting of EF out of 6 contenders or they have moved to second stage?

Most likely, because the chancellor just arrived now (thanks to the Iranians :angry:), so no major negotiations would be done by now. Also there will be no acceptance of the EF during this visit, because MoD will need at least a month to study and compare the comercial bids, which are reported to be opend by next week only.

I changed royalties last week.

I am now ALL GAME for the TYPHOON.

Go EF Go.

Shame on you! ;) No, any specific reasons, or just like that?

Euro Fighter will win .. no doubt.

The best air superiority fighter is needed to defend any future threats.

Migs ,Mirages and LCA's are more than enough to western borders.

IAF will go for a superiority fighter , but also they will be looking for a fighter which can incorporate 5th gen techonolgy in most economical way...

IAF will go for a superiority fighter , but also they will be looking for a fighter which can incorporate 5th gen techonolgy in most economical way...

Why on earth would they want that?!Isn't stealth one of the major factors in determining whether the fighter belongs to 5th Gen or not!?Only the A/C's that are designed and built from the ground up as a VLO are considered true fifth Gen right?E.g-Raptor,Lightening 2,PAK-FA,J-20 etc.
If what you are saying refer's to updating the avionics then both have equal scope as both will remain in service for quite some time but those A/C's which will be produced more have an edge,IMO.

Back
Top Bottom