What's new

India seeks full membership of SCO

I think to join ASEAN is more useful for India then this SCO

waving as much as he can india still have to got a green pass from beijing.

If Beijing is willing to root out all standing issues that results in economic downfall and instability in the region then they have to accept India as a friend and as a friend to both India and Pakistan should mediate the development of cordial relationship between the two nations. It will increase China's credibility as the superior power than the US in the international areana

I suppose it could increase cooperation in the region.

Though I don't know if it is a good idea to have BOTH Pakistan and India included in the SCO, due to the infighting that would occur.

Pakistan is the one we really need, they are the gateway to the warm waters of the Arabian sea.

i agree india will only bring hopelessnes into SCO and it will spy for israel too against Russia which is pro Palestine

you clearly are dying for SCO membership.

as soon as Pakistan was hailed to be joining SCO, India immediately put in its application. The next day if i recall.

yes we dying for it...not only this but also for OIC....:azn:
we want to see the diplomatic power of u:lol:

india's application will be turned down not only because india is not belong to this region but also because the purpose behind india's application is not to promote further cooperation and increase mutual interests but to sabotage the success of pakistan and the organization.

SCO has zero do with military alliance in terms of being NATO like. it's probably good for trade between partner countries... and thats all. the only 'defense' related cooperation is in terms of sales and Jv's . Thats all...

I think it is a good move .. since no single country exercises a greater influence ( if greater than observer status)

Defense can mean anything. Cooperation in defense can mean forming a military alliance. It is open.

If Beijing is willing to root out all standing issues that results in economic downfall and instability in the region then they have to accept India as a friend and as a friend to both India and Pakistan should mediate the development of cordial relationship between the two nations. It will increase China's credibility as the superior power than the US in the international areana

of course china want to be friend to india but the current status between india and pakistan put it impossible for the two to work within the frame of SCO with full membership. The sco meeting will have to deal with endless quarrel and even a battle and can achieve nothing else.

india's application will be turned down not only because india is not belong to this region but also because the purpose behind india's application is not to promote further cooperation and increase mutual interests but to sabotage the success of pakistan and the organization.

we will be happy if u do this...let see for how much time u will do this:azn:
u r just showing the frustration from india not thinking abt future

In the MRCA deal we have to chose what is best for the IAF, we did not only dump Russian MIG 35, we have also dumped the US F16 and F18. does that not mean that we serve our purpose rather than becoming an ally of the WEST. it shows still we are not aligned to any one. The reason we should join SCO is not for protection but to cooperate make the peaceful neighborhood.
If you still believe that we are pissing the Russians, that is your point not Russia's, we stand by them as they stand by us in defense. We developed the BRAHMOS with the Russians, we have plans to develop the next get Superiority Fighters with the Russians, we have a procurement of a Carrier from Russia, still do you believe that we are losing our strategic partnership and long time friendship with Russia.
If you still think so then may GOD bless you with some more thought process

Up untill now russia still has doubts to support pakistan membership to the SCO ,doesnt it gives u a hint the sudden change of heart of russia to give 100% support for pakistan to be a member of SCO now?

Well its not confusion its more of a problem on our non-aligned policy which has payed us so great dividends that certain parties want us to remove it.

So India will negotiate when it enters ...There will always be negotiation . India brings diplomatic clout , energy security , closer counter terrorism co-operation , economic co-operation etc to the table . When we join it will be with the understanding that we are not entering into a full -fledged military alliance against NATO ...

Given the fact that SCO is currently involved in areas like counterterrorism and energy security , we should be able to contribute and keep our non-aligned stance too .

And if sometime in the future , events so demand - we can either enter into a military alliance if necessary or recede ....

What clout dose india have that could be bring to the SCO? Bravadoing against Bangladesh?

Energy security? Help me here what india can do to improve the energy security of central asia when most of its oil comes from foreign lands?

you can't just enter and leave like it's a party. You just wont get accepted in the first place.

this is typical india. all that they want is the sweet part. they don't want to take any responsibility or hard work.

Russia trusts India .....China trusts Pakistan ....there is an impasse here . The way it appears , either all or none .

Just an excuse. Does Russia really trust India? Even they trust you, do they really want to share their power with you?

Similarly, does Russia support India UNSC seat from their heart? My answer is NO, they just don't want to anger India. Also they knew, with US and China, India does not have a chance.

My point of view: SCO is about central Asia which is Russia's backyard. Russia does not want others in their backyard, but they need China to counter USA. If this is enough, there is no reason for another powerful player to join. For China, we do not want to share oil with others.

So there is almost no chance for India.

Back
Top Bottom