What's new

India Scraps Domestic Jet Engine Plan

This is bloody BS . Why the ef is this happening ? Does our military ever plan to be self reliant or not ? Or do they plan to import even 40 years from now ?

We just admitted we dont have the capability in building the engine , as desired ,

Its nothing to be ashamed of.

We cant be masters of EVERYTHING.

can USA restrict activities of tejas in wartime (flight restriction or something)???

.....Its nothing to be ashamed of.

Really, we compare ourselves to China day and night and China has its own engine......

We cant be masters of EVERYTHING.

To be called a 'super-power' OR at least a 'regional-power' competing with China, certain BASIC things has to be mastered......and an indigenous jet engine is one of them........

Too late for that, given that orders for engines and subsystems has already been placed. And it's doing the desired job as a replacement of Mig-21 Bison quite well.

Its actually better that engine was scrapped.

F414 with FADEC is a hell of an engine.. if GE comes up with a TVC version, the Engine would be a class apart.

It can't be true.......
just a couple of weeks back drdo was planning testing the technology demonstrator of Kaveri, with LCA and now this???
Technology demonstration of Kaveri Engine with Light Combat Aircraft in 3 years: A K Antony - Economic Times
Seems quite improbable...........DRDO wouldn't abandon the projct after so much investmnt........sounds like "insider" gossip to me......
I ignore the news guys.......it's most probably like the the time when , "insider news" was "leaked out" that Eurofighter has won the MMRCA, in 2011
If it had been true every damn media site would have been reporting it..................

To be called a 'super-power' OR at least a 'regional-power' competing with China, certain BASIC things has to be mastered......and an indegenous jet ingine is one of them........

I didnt knew that. Sorry.

They are making everyone a fool...Art of Deception.....they have made significant progress and will use this engine for highly classified projects.....:smokin:

They are making everyone a fool...Art of Deception.....they have made significant progress and will use this engine for highly classified projects.....:smokin:

ya maybe they have not scrapped but just changed the name of the project because of Kaveri River water dispute between Karnataka & Tamil Nadu.....:rofl::rofl:

Well.. it would make sense in a security state like Pakistan.. but for a thriving democracy like India where transparency and accountablity is now the top issue.. I find it unlikely

Again.. what must not be forgotten are the 20 years of research that went into Kaveri..
Something was gained from it , even if the product was a failure at the end.

Yeah ,Like the spaceship we will make by 2020 like the one we saw in the movie Prometheus :yahoo: :rofl:

Well I'd already had this as a forgone conclusion this is just proof. But I wouldn't call the program a failure, as they - knowledge is never wasted. And researcher have earns A LOT so the next engine program's should not be as hard fought. As far as I can see though the program still has over avenues to explore and this news relates purely to powering LCA MK.2 but the engine will still be used for UAVs, maritime engines and possibly others like trains (apparently) in the futre.

Back
Top Bottom