What's new

India Scraps Domestic Jet Engine Plan

Haha yesterday or a day ago chief of top Indiain defense contractor said we will power AMCA with TVC Kaveri and super cruise capabilites and its cancelled it seems drdo cheif is also fan boy and unaware of real facts. :D
Lca-mk2 with US engines is big risk.
Rip Kaveri. :cry:

i mean the source````god, can never stick with any argument``

anyway its about India's domestic turbo-fan engine```this event is predictable, India's industry level is at very primitive stage..and jet engine is at the top end of the chain, even Japan and Germany cant do it alone``
Kaveri is going to be the fairytale or reality check for those delusional Indian..
Indians should only brag after achieving something. but indians gov and media and some indians big mouth all the time :tdown:

LOL what a reason.

indeed it is the reason. Parliament will decide its fate.

Haha yesterday or a day ago chief of top Indiain defense contractor said we will power AMCA with TVC Kaveri and super cruise capabilites and its cancelled it seems drdo cheif is also fan boy and unaware of real facts. :D
Lca-mk2 with US engines is big risk.
Rip Kaveri. :cry:

if it makes you happy then I do not mind, but the project is still on. If it is taking 25 years to make it a power-plant for 4th gen. aircraft as of today's date, then I do not think its waste of time.

They are making everyone a fool...Art of Deception.....they have made significant progress and will use this engine for highly classified projects.....:smokin:
would like to hope for that but i think the news is true only :coffee:

Well.. it would make sense in a security state like Pakistan.. but for a thriving democracy like India where transparency and accountablity is now the top issue.. I find it unlikely

Again.. what must not be forgotten are the 20 years of research that went into Kaveri..
Something was gained from it , even if the product was a failure at the end.

yeah i to think atleast they must have learned ABCD of some critical aspects any failure is starting step of success

It must be a political decisin due to finances or something.
I can imagine the frustration if Indian scientists,so many years of hard work lost to political jargon.

It must be a political decisin due to finances or something.
I can imagine the frustration if Indian scientists,so many years of hard work lost to political jargon.

can be but it was also slowing down LCA project which has already faced so many delays

DRDO To Continue Using Kaveri Engines : Defense news

DRDO To Continue Using Kaveri Engines
Our BureauViewed: 23 times
Mon, Jun 18, 2012 13:21 CET
India’s Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has decided to power the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mark-2 with GE-414 engines built by General Electric. It was previously decided that the Kaveri engines would be used to develop the aircraft.

Citing a need for greater thrust and power, the DRDO will order 99 GE-414 engines while the rest will be manufactured in India.

DRDO spokesperson, Ravi Kumar Gupta told Defenseworld.net, “We want to first develop an indigenous fighter aircraft and then make it the best. To do that we need greater power and thrust. Keeping that in mind, we flew a few sorties and it was decided that the GE 414 was a more powerful engine”.

However, one Kaveri engine will be retained and integrated into a light combat aircraft for testing purposes. “This is so that we can learn and gain experience,” says Gupta. The Kaveri engine, which is still being tested on a Russian flight test bed, will be used to power India’s UAV program.

“The Kaveri will fulfill our ambitious UAV program,” added Gupta.

The LCA Mark-I, which is expected to be ready for induction in 2014, will fly on GE 404 engines along manufactured by General Electric.

The LCA Mark-2 is currently being developed by the Aeronautical Development Agency in Bangalore and expected to be ready around 2017.

Indian shall go and make a turbojet first. Even its not advance, it a learning step. China continue press forward the 7900kg thrust Kunlun WP-14 turbojet even its quite meaningless in the 2006. But its help us to develop Taihang WS-10A 13200kg turbofan engine.

You need to learn the hardway and there is no shortcut!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chines...10b-ready-enter-service-soon.html#post3068163

Vf425.jpg

HWyjm.jpg

uibDi.jpg

tQFLE.jpg

I do not think this is official :
Last I heard was this.

From the Indian government :

Press Information Bureau English Releases

Kaveri Engine
14-May, 2012 14:41 IST

The DRDO has not fixed any time frame to full develop the Kaveri Aero Engine for the LCA, Tejas.LCA, Tejasrequires 90 kN thrust class engine to meet its operational requirement, whereas Kaveri Engine does not fully meet this requirement. Therefore, it has been decided to use variants of Kaveri Engine to power Unmanned Air Vehicle and also for marine applications.

Two important milestones of Kaveri project have been successfully achieved:-

(i) Completion of Official Altitude Testing for 73 hrs at Central Institute of Aviation Motors (CIAM), Russia.
(ii) Flying Test Bed (FTB) trials for 55 hrs with IL-76 Aircraftconducted at Gromov Flight Research Institute (GFRI), Russia.

Endurance testing for about 2100 hrs has been conducted at Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE). It is planned to commence flight trials for Technology Demonstration of Kaveri Engine with LCA Tejas Mk-I in about 3 years time. This information was given by Minister of Defence Shri A K Antony in a written reply to Shri Bal Kumar Patel in Lok Sabha today.

Back
Top Bottom