What's new

India says no to Afghan arms plea

We don't need Imran Khan. We have have plenty of them & practical, who work really not we end corruption in 3 month:blah:

Originally Posted by Aeronaut
We can give you an Imran khan moment to give you the ball once more, we will see what you do with it.

brain.jpg

Everything is going according to the Indian master plan though. :lol: @Secur @balixd

No weapons for the good democracy loving Taliban too ! :D

Yeah , even Indians believe the concept of good and bad now :P

Last edited by a moderator:
@manindra Do you know the difference between "moment" & "movement"?

Moment

A particular period of importance, influence, or significance in a series of events or developments

moment - definition of moment by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Movement

A series of actions and events taking place over a period of time and working to foster a principle or policy

movement - definition of movement by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it, the ball was in our court, only if our PM had balls.

Even if he had balls, he made the right decision. Arming them will only drag India into a conflict that India wants no part of. If any of those arms were to fall into Taliban hands (and mark my words, they would), then it would give a PR victory to Pakistan instantly and ruin India's international image, not to mention it would reduce India's influence in the country.

Afghanistan is a lost cause, India's government and defence establishment already recognize this, which is why they're openly backing talks with the Taliban now.

It's all damage control.

i think india will give weapons to afghan secretly. india even give Northern Alliance 2 mill 17 helicopter and provide financial support. this public statement is only to avoid pakistan pointing finger at india as the reason for pakistan's support to taliban.

Welcome to PDF :welcome: :pdf:

I doubt that India will provide any arms at all, it simply wouldn't make sense on India's part.

The Indian government and military already secretly acknowledge that arming the ANA will only end up backfiring on India (i.e weapons falling into Taliban hands), so it would be counterproductive for them to support talks and then arm the ANA. India wants to look like a neutral party, while maintaining good relations with the government, arming the ANA would ruin that image.

No weapons for the good democracy loving Taliban too ! :D

Yeah , even Indians believe the concept of good and bad now :P

Actually the request is being processed, as always our journos have jumped the gun....Supplying a few Batteries of 105mm LFGs along with night-vision equipment, ammo resupply vehicles & field service vehicles is very much possible and on the cards and has not been formally rejected. Lets see how it pans out, but yes no helis from our side- the Americans are arming them anyway.

Actually the request is being processed, as always our journos have jumped the gun....Supplying a few Batteries of 105mm LFGs along with night-vision equipment, ammo resupply vehicles & field service vehicles is very much possible and on the cards and has not been formally rejected. Lets see how it pans out, but yes no helis from our side- the Americans are arming them anyway.

I will wait and watch how it works out in such case , but the statement says something different right ?

I will wait and watch how it works out in such case , but the statement says something different right ?

The statement is meant to convey that no heavy stuff, consistent arms supply or logistics is going to be provided. We are not your arms provider, we will provide aid, diplomatic support, build your schools and even your parliament but we will NOT go around handing you arms wich could easily get turned against anyone. There is a good chance that under exigent circumstances any weapons provided could be used indiscriminately and then we'll be the fools trying to explain why Indian weapons ended up wiping a village or something.

Even if he had balls, he made the right decision. Arming them will only drag India into a conflict that India wants no part of. If any of those arms were to fall into Taliban hands (and mark my words, they would), then it would give a PR victory to Pakistan instantly and ruin India's international image, not to mention it would reduce India's influence in the country.

Afghanistan is a lost cause, India's government and defence establishment already recognize this, which is why they're openly backing talks with the Taliban now.

It's all damage control.

Welcome to PDF :welcome: :pdf:

I doubt that India will provide any arms at all, it simply wouldn't make sense on India's part.

The Indian government and military already secretly acknowledge that arming the ANA will only end up backfiring on India (i.e weapons falling into Taliban hands), so it would be counterproductive for them to support talks and then arm the ANA. India wants to look like a neutral party, while maintaining good relations with the government, arming the ANA would ruin that image.

india is providing large amount of money to afghan as non-military aid. if india thinks that afghan is a lost case then why india provide aid to afghan? ISAF can provide better weapon than india. all the nato forces are focusing in military aids, no one is giving them non-military aids so india has to focus on non military aids as it will help stabilise afghan economy. only by this afghan can become a self standing country as the military aid will be reduced after 2014. only social development will save afghan. india know how to fight insurgency and it will provide training to ANA and also building infrastructure there will help to reduce unemployment. Unemployment is the main reason behind large number of afghan joining taliban.

Now look on my original statement, what did i state and how did you reply.

You misunderstood my post. You say that Indian policy makers should be guts like Imran Khan & answer is it is good to abuse your government without know about real hurdles in policy making. We also have bunch of Imran Khan like people who live in Lalaland but when they got responsibility of administration, they fail miserably.Thats my signs in my answer.
We should know real world situation. You should give example of General Zia who can take any action without care of its people.

You misunderstood my post. You say that Indian policy makers should be guts like Imran Khan & answer is it is good to abuse your government without know about real hurdles in policy making. We also have bunch of Imran Khan like people who live in Lalaland but when they got responsibility of administration, they fail miserably.Thats my signs in my answer.
We should know real world situation. You should give example of General Zia who can take any action without care of its people.

I was referring to "imran khan moment", when he allowed the batsman after being bowled out to go and bat again as he started to whinge :rolleyes:

india is providing large amount of money to afghan as non-military aid. if india thinks that afghan is a lost case then why india provide aid to afghan? ISAF can provide better weapon than india. all the nato forces are focusing in military aids, no one is giving them non-military aids so india has to focus on non military aids as it will help stabilise afghan economy. only by this afghan can become a self standing country as the military aid will be reduced after 2014. only social development will save afghan. india know how to fight insurgency and it will provide training to ANA and also building infrastructure there will help to reduce unemployment. Unemployment is the main reason behind large number of afghan joining taliban.

There is more than one reason why India is giving aid to Afghanistan in the first place, one of those reasons is to counter Pakistan's influence in the region. The second is to protect its assets in Afghanistan and develop a good relation with it's people, so much so that even if the current gov falls, India will still be welcomed in Afghanistan with open arms (this relates to countering Pakistan's influence).

Plenty of nations are giving non-lethal aid to Afghanistan, in fact, it's said that 80-90 percent of the government's yearly budget comes from foreign donors. Not to mention development investment too.

Anyways, giving military aid would be a terrible idea from an Indian defence perspective. It would raise alarm bells in Islamabad and might embolden ANA into fighting PA over the border between the two nations that the ANA don't recognize. In such a case, the ANA would try and drag India into the conflict, which India doesn't want to deal with. The ANA has already tried to pick a fight with PA over the border and drag the US into the fight, the border skirmish a while back proves as much, because we had Afghan politicians urging the US to help them fight against the PA. Thankfully, the PA showed extreme restraint and the US resisting ANA pressure at going to war with a nation with a powerful army and nuclear weapons, so the situation was calmed down.

To be direct, I will say this.

If Indians indulge in Afghanistan, they will clearly get raped in every sense of the word.

Their northern pedophilac brethren will be ousted soon.

Back
Top Bottom