What's new

India’s vanishing Parsis

I am only answering because you mentioned me in your post.

All I will say is that Shia, including Iranian Shia, do not view Islam as an Arabian imposition.

So, to answer your point, the Iranian-Arabian racial rivalry will not have any impact on the Shia faith. I know you will not believe it, because you want to believe something else but, until you understand the Shia psyche, you simply will not understand the solid security of the faith. If anything, the Iranians see themselves as the fort of Shia Islam. Like I wrote, the Iranians have been celebrating Zoroastrian festivals for centuries -- they never stopped -- but that's as far as it goes.

You think what Persians and Arabs share is "rivalry"?

Man you are one seriously ivory towered guy.

Yes we only marry in the evening. Navjotes on the other hand are usually in the morning with the reception in the evening.

Interesting input. Do you know why that is?

I guess it has also something to do with yazdi tradition??

btw what is significance of Toorans??

Every culture pass through different phase

1. Birth:
2. Growth:
3. Barbarism :
4. Maturity:
5. Decline :
6. Survival:

You think a religion/culture, you find the same 6 phase. Islam is in phase 3, Parsi/Hinduism/Judaism is in phase 6, Christianity is in phase 4.

Feel free to disagree.

Why do you think Hinduism is in survival phase ??

Why its in declining phase?

Birth rates are flat, Hindus getting educated hence smaller nuclear families, Hinduism is not very strict and rule-bound and people don't tend to be highly spiritual these days hence less visit to temples and less following of customs..inter-cast and inter-state marriages on the rise hence cocktail culture coming up..Hindus are there in tons but Hinduism is on a decline

I am only answering because you mentioned me in your post.

All I will say is that Shia, including Iranian Shia, do not view Islam as an Arabian imposition, emphasis on 'imposition'

So, to answer your point, the Iranian-Arabian racial rivalry will not have any impact on the Shia faith. I know you will not believe it, because you want to believe something else but, until you understand the Shia psyche, you simply will not understand the solid security of the faith. If anything, the Iranians see themselves as the fort of Shia Islam. Like I wrote, the Iranians have been celebrating Zoroastrian festivals for centuries -- they never stopped -- but that's as far as it goes.

Buddy the fort of shia Islam is only in your mind. Why do you as a Pakistani believe that simply being a Shia gives you the credence of commenting on an Iranian's psyche, while what we as pure blooded Persian Zoroastrians say is a figment our imagination?

If the draw of a common religion over common ancestry were actually so strong, then equally why do you believe as a Shia Muslim today (with no Zoroastrian or Persian link whatsoever) that the pull of Islam of a millenium will outpower the pull of Zoroastrianism (and older Mithraism) of over five millenia in the hearts of true Persians?

Can you tell us about Arab-Iranian rivalry before Arab conquest of Iran.

Sorry no. I have just discovered that my ban is over. Briefly, it has nothing to do with rivalry.

A Pakistani Zoroastrian?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :victory:

Birth rates are flat, Hindus getting educated hence smaller nuclear families, Hinduism is not very strict and rule-bound and people don't tend to be highly spiritual these days hence less visit to temples and less following of customs..inter-cast and inter-state marriages on the rise hence cocktail culture coming up..Hindus are there in tons but Hinduism is on a decline

What is Hinduism in your opinion which is not exhibit by inter-state marriages and which coustoms are not followed by Hindus that is leading Hinduism towards decline?

Buddy the fort of shia Islam is only in your mind. Why do you as a Pakistani believe that simply being a Shia gives you the credence of commenting on an Iranian's psyche.

Unlike Iranians or Arabs , Pakistanis are taught to give zero importance to their ethnic identity, only religious identity is sufficient to define them.

No idea seriously on the Yazdi connect.

Toran:

Toran is generally made of mango leaves, marigold or other flowers strung together on strings and put on the entrance and doors jambs in the house. A Parsis house can be easily identified by the typical toran and chalk at the entrance. Though many this too to be a custom of the Hindoos, we have evidence that in ancient Iran Torans were uses, especially in fire temples. According to Firdausi and Tabari, the Sasanian King Khushru Parviz went to the Atash Kadeh of Adar Gushasp before assuming power after being ousted by Behram Chobin, and after being dethroned by his son Hormazd. He had the Atash Behram decorated with pictures of natural objects like star, sun and moon in the form of silver torans and silver plates. Moreover, according to Dr. Sir Jivanji Modi, even the ancient Jews and Romans had the practice of decorating the door of the house with flowers on auspicious occasions.

DOOR CRAFT « Articles by Rishi Majumder, and other words…

typical_toran_in_parsi_house_in_doorway_made_of_esy-000549021.jpg

168753_10150131386469532_792534531_7749548_7414242_n.jpg

What is Hinduism in your opinion which is not exhibit by inter-state marriages and which coustoms are not followed by Hindus that is leading Hinduism towards decline?
See the change in birth rate of hindus imo started coming in the mid 1990's the kids who were born in the period of 1970-1975 understood a fact that you can give a beter live to your kids if they are no more than two the parents of this time early (1990's-2000) understood this to the change i. Education and culture

Now the kids of this generation Know mostly about the everyday festivals of the hindu culture like nav ratre diwali holi ganesh ji etc what we dont know is about the various fasts (small ones) our kids will know even further less than us hence hindusim is on a decline its various small elements will die and only big festivals will be there

See the change in birth rate of hindus imo started coming in the mid 1990's the kids who were born in the period of 1975-1980 understod a fact that you can give a beter live to your kids if they are no more than two the parents of this time early (1990's-2000) understood this to the change i. Education and culture

Now the kids of this generation Know mostly about the everyday festivals of the hindu culture like bav ratre diwali holi ganesh ji etc what we dont know is about the various fasts (small ones) our kids will know even further less than us hence hindusim is on a decline its various small elements will die and only big festivals will be there

I think overall the pressure of modern living and city life is doing this to most religions (probably not as much for Islam as they are pretty strong in religious ed classes etc.).

Also nuclear families contribute. Houses which ave grandparents, kids know a lot more about their faith and they even speak their mother tongue much better.

My wife and I rarely speak to each other in Gujarati. The only time my kids speak Gujarati is with their grandparents.

If I try to speak to them in Gujarati they start laughing and thinking I'm being weird .... "dada!" and a roll of their eyes.

I think overall the pressure of modern living and city life is doing this to most religions (probably not as much for Islam as they are pretty strong in religious ed classes etc.).

Also nuclear families contribute. Houses which ave grandparents, kids know a lot more about their faith and they even speak their mother tongue much better.

My wife and I rarely speak to each other in Gujarati. The only time my kids speak Gujarati is with their grandparents.

If I try to speak to them in Gujarati they start laughing and thinking I'm being weird .... "dada!" and a roll of their eyes.
Well my Dada ji was not alive when i was born

Vsdoc can i talk to you in pvt by any means i may knw something interesting just want to know if you belong to this root as well

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom