What's new

India’s vanishing Parsis

Can you please find out by asking around ?

Would truly appreciate it.

Well, not to derail the thread, but there are many subtypes of Shia and they all have different histories, so there is not one answer to your question. Pakistani/Indian Shias are indigenous converts, but the faith itself came variously from Iran, Yemen, Egypt and parts of Africa.

Wiki has more info (on Bohras, Ismailis, Shias etc.) than I could ever find out.

Dude its simple. In those days people from the western lands were referred to as mlechhas, of lower blood and hence were not to be inter mingled with. What started as a cultural, practical move from both sides soon became institutionalized especially among the Parsis who had a religious authority unlike Hinduism which does not have one.

Developer is trying a cop out and nothing else.
I know that hence i used the term to maintain there blood lines

KS, blackops you both have it right. (btw, KS - your mlechas are our dheras)

It is difficult to explain to someone who is only intent on stirring up **** because of his own insecurities at seeing the fountainhead of his own faith's sect looking increasingly to their ancestry in preference to what was rudely and violently imposed upon them.

For the record let me clearly tell you what the Parsi stand is. From a Parsi. No bullshit.

We recognize and we believe that Zoroastrianism and Hinduism are two parts of the same coin.

We recognize and we believe that if you go a long way back, we are essentially the same people.

We recognize and we believe that somewhere a long long time ago there was a fundamental split in that people.

From where we developed as two different bloodlines, and civilizations, and faiths, separated essentially what in those days was the big physical barrier of the sea on one side and the Hindukush on the other.

We recognize and we believe that we are civilizational siblings joined at the hip.

That we are the same and yet different.

And racial purity is a big deal for us as well.

And it comes from the added recognition in the case of India of the long ago past of the fundamental split.

Where we respect each other's faith and bloodlines too much to try to overstep that un-defined boundary of where one ends and the other begins.

We promised we would not convert or intermingle.

And we have not.

It is of course difficult to explain to someone whose history and heritage has been handed down to him at the tip of a sword from a distant land.

Dude its simple. In those days people from the western lands were referred to as mlechhas, of lower blood and hence were not to be inter mingled with. What started as a cultural, practical move from both sides soon became institutionalized especially among the Parsis who had a religious authority unlike Hinduism which does not have one.

Developer is trying a cop out and nothing else.
Well after the muslim invaded even the clans who were not so strict with their blood lines became radical the Kshatriya clan to whic i belong to made it clear that those with pure blood lines can only mary at a certain point of time due to the fear of losing there identity even today some Kshatriya follow this

I gave you the historical context from both the Hindu and the Parsi side for that. In those days the people from the western lands were called mlecchas and hence unfit for intermingling. You don't want to accept that because it does not fit your frame. Good for you.

Kind of puts the kaibosh on the whole 'everyone in Bharat is a Hindu' mantra, doesn't it?

In any case, unfortunately for you, we are not talking about 'those days', but these days, and it is the Parsis who are adamant about maintaining their racial purity and excluding indigenous blood.

I do find it immensely amusing to see the Hindu and Parsi extremists jumping through hoops to celebrate their racial purity. Hilarious that, in this day and age, there are people who actually obsess about and celebrate such things as 'racial purity'. But, then again, that's the nature of the extremist ideology.

And people who believe in moon splitting must be the last to teach others about fairy tales.

There is hardly anything 'real' about what you are bringing. Just your insecurity.

Isnt it too obvious ? And believe me, you aint the first person to see the world.

It's cute when you run out of rebuttals and start throwing random words around.

Some hindus were and are very strict to their blood lines they dont allow foreign blood to mix with them Rajput was one such sect maybe that was the reason as to such a condition

I know that even in Pakistan the Muslims with Rajput roots try utmost not to marry outside their clan . However the entire population of the local subjects of the Hindu King were not entirely of a "certain" blood. and its in the history that he was afraid of this race and thus also laid a condition of laying their weapons down.

Anyway just wanted to ask from vsdoc do you guys still follow marriage ceremonies only in the evening as was a condition put by the Hindu King?

Kind of puts the kaibosh on the whole 'everyone in Bharat is a Hindu' mantra, doesn't it?

In any case, unfortunately for you, we are not talking about 'those days', but these days, and it is the Parsis who are adamant about maintaining their racial purity and excluding indigenous blood.

It's cute when you run out of rebuttals and start throwing random words around.
This has been explained to you so please give it a break the parsis and the hindus of those time made a pact that we will not bread and our blood lines will stay as they are .The hindus till very recent time were strict to the blood lines they had hell even today we follow it we marry only and only in our clan

With the christians i meant the modern day indian christians in past every religion was barbaric including hindusim the hindu gods also killed the asuras who they thought to be violent and not upto the standards or sharing there point of view

Every culture pass through different phase

1. Birth:
2. Growth:
3. Barbarism :
4. Maturity:
5. Decline :
6. Survival:

You think a religion/culture, you find the same 6 phase. Islam is in phase 3, Parsi/Hinduism/Judaism is in phase 6, Christianity is in phase 4.

Feel free to disagree.

I know that even in Pakistan the Muslims with Rajput roots try utmost not to marry outside their clan . However the entire population of the local subjects of the Hindu King were not entirely of a "certain" blood. and its in the history that he was afraid of this race and thus also laid a condition of laying their weapons down.

Anyway just wanted to ask from vsdoc do you guys still follow marriage ceremonies only in the evening as was a condition put by the Hindu King?

Yes we only marry in the evening. Navjotes on the other hand are usually in the morning with the reception in the evening.

Interesting input. Do you know why that is?

Vsdoc if possible can u give me some exact reasons why you think Iranians might revert back?
How do u come to the conclusion that democracy and free press will lead to it?
Gotta agree with developer that simply celebrating navroz and other Zoroastrian customs does not mean reverting back. It can simply be open mindedness and being comfortable in their new skin. Not every nation has to be like Pakistan to try and purge out any all form of old associations.

1. Birth:
2. Growth:
3. Barbarism :
4. Maturity:
5. Decline :
6. Survival:

You think a religion/culture, you find the same 6 phase. Islam is in phase 3, Parsi/Hinduism/Judaism is in phase 6, Christianity is in phase 4.

Feel free to disagree.

Absolutely. Solah aane sach.

Doc how come every 10th Parsi is multi-billionaire? Where the Tatas', Godrejs', Rustomjees' billionaire when they migrated to India and how come so few Parsis control so much real estate in places like Mumbai and more?

It has less to do with Parsi, more with that area , Gujrat, Sindh is cradle of Business. Vohra Muslims (who are non Muslim according to other muslims) , parsi, gujju, sindhi all are good businessmen.

There is famous saying, "Business is in there blood (gene)" (metamorphic term). Parsi, Bohra, Jews breed less (low borth rate) They have less kid and provide them good education, facility. which make them good/successful person...

This is the reason why Bihari, UPite, Begali and Muslims are poor and backward, We breed like animal and leave our kids to die..

Vsdoc if possible can u give me some exact reasons why you think Iranians might revert back?
How do u come to the conclusion that democracy and free press will lead to it?
Gotta agree with developer that simply celebrating navroz and other Zoroastrian customs does not mean reverting back. It can simply be open mindedness and being comfortable in their new skin. Not every nation has to be like Pakistan to try and purge out any all form of old associations.

Its racial. Highly racial.

A historic hatred that way transcends the already tenuous strands of their recent faith.

Which is why I maintain that Developer is out of his depth here.

1. Birth:
2. Growth:
3. Barbarism :
4. Maturity:
5. Decline :
6. Survival:

Feel free to disagree.
no i dont to be frank every thing has a decline if not preserved in a right way today the hindu population is not growing at a rapid rate after some 30 years we may not be growing at all in past a hindu family gave birth to say 5 children but today its gone down tomorrow it will fall further down but i will say hindusim is in a DECLINE phase not in survival

Its racial. Highly racial.

A historic hatred that way transcends the already tenuous strands of their recent faith.

Which is why I maintain that Developer is out of his depth here.

I am only answering because you mentioned me in your post.

All I will say is that Shia, including Iranian Shia, do not view Islam as an Arabian imposition, emphasis on 'imposition'

So, to answer your point, the Iranian-Arabian racial rivalry will not have any impact on the Shia faith. I know you will not believe it, because you want to believe something else but, until you understand the Shia psyche, you simply will not understand the solid security of the faith. If anything, the Iranians see themselves as the fort of Shia Islam. Like I wrote, the Iranians have been celebrating Zoroastrian festivals for centuries -- they never stopped -- but that's as far as it goes.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom