What's new

India’s vanishing Parsis

Im vegetarian,. so i wasnt thinking about the chicken.

Dil tooor diyaa tuu ne ye baaat kar keh ! :cry:

If you had read some of those many posts, you would have learned its not about inability but about reluctance and resistance internally.

Yaaar phir ziyadaaa bachee kiyun nahin kar leiteei ? I refuse to believe that a chick magnet like yourself can't get yourself a wife ! :D

Dil tooor diyaa tuu ne ye baaat kar keh ! :cry:

Yaaar phir ziyadaaa bachee kiyun nahin kar leiteei ? I refuse to believe that a chick magnet like yourself can't get yourself a wife ! :D

I have a wife and three kids man. You have me confused with kunwara angeldust who is too busy playing the field - non-procreatively! :disagree:

If you had read some of those many posts, you would have learned its not about inability but about reluctance and resistance internally.

By inability I meant generally no conversions for whatever reasons.
Basically, You dont have people coming in by conversion as such.. and then you arent breeding(in the crudest use)..
So the population will automatically shrink..
Inflow is less than outflow.

As for the Hindus.. their lack of conversion is more than made up by the large family sizes..

I have a wife and three kids man. You have me confused with kunwara angeldust who is too busy playing the field - non-procreatively! :disagree:

You do ! Say Hi to Bhabi from me and tell the kids that their Uncle Armstrong will leave their taste buds tantalizing with the best home-made toffee in the world ! :D

And borrow a page from that Omani's book and take the number upto a 100 kids...you have a race to protect ! :woot:

I agree, vsdocs has a duty to defend his faith.
GoI should invest in a parsi sperm bank, they will never go extinct.

Lol 100 .... I do not believe your bhabhi will be too thrilled. :lol:

Yaar waisee on a serious note if every Parsi couple has 3-4 kids...then shouldn't this trend reverse (of a decreasing population) reverse for the better in the next 2-3 decades ?

Yaar waisee on a serious note if every Parsi couple has 3-4 kids...then shouldn't this trend reverse (of a decreasing population) reverse for the better in the next 2-3 decades ?
Man, they need to marry first. Even Ratan Tata is unmarried.
He should donate his sperm at least.

By inability I meant generally no conversions for whatever reasons.
Basically, You dont have people coming in by conversion as such.. and then you arent breeding(in the crudest use)..
So the population will automatically shrink..
Inflow is less than outflow.

As for the Hindus.. their lack of conversion is more than made up by the large family sizes..

India's fertility rate as a whole is less than 3.

It should. But they do not. Early on in this thread I have discussed the dynamics that come in the way. Its similar to all ageing populations the world over. Europe. Japan. Soon China.

@doc, thanks for the great informational thread mate. I learned more about Parsi's on this forum, than I did all my life. :tup:

India's fertility rate as a whole is less than 3.

As a whole perhaps.. but spread across communities it would vary.
I am guessing a lot less in urban centres.. and more in the rural areas.
As the urbanization of India continues, this will drop further.

Back
Top Bottom