What's new

India’s vanishing Parsis

I was only replying to one of your comments and as per your definition all of a sudden got off topic. You got off-guard and could not reply and told am off topic.
Wrong. Your question was off-topic since this thread is about Indian Parsis and I wanted to bring it back to topic.

So, a long rant but no actual numbers, eh?

Just as I expected.

Thats all you have got? Try some new techniques my friend.

If the topic is on Indian Parsis, then Zoroastrianism, Iranians, Arabs, Islam, India, and Hindus are all on topic my friend.

A glass of water does not hold water without the glass. Or sand to begin with.

i have explained to you numerous times grounds under which i made the statement. To get statistics,one need to research, and to perform research on such sensitive subjects one need freedom, unfortunately its not present in Iran at the moment.
Logic 101.

YOU are the ones making the claims about these mass reversions. You need to prove your claim with statistics.

How you getting your numbers? Divine revelations?

I was only replying to one of your comments and as per your definition all of a sudden got off topic. You got off-guard and could not reply and told am off topic.

My comment was simply that I acknowledge the historical injustices. History is replete with such examples. That does not mean this should turn into an advocacy thread for "parsi jihad" as you call it.

If the topic is on Indian Parsis, then Zoroastrianism, Iranians, Arabs, Islam, India, and Hindus are all on topic my friend.

Then the title of the thread should be broadened accordingly, which would put it in conflict with rules against religious discussions and proselytizing. As long as it remains a showcase of Parsi culture in India, there is no issue.

i have explained to you numerous times grounds under which i made the statement. To get statistics,one need to research, and to perform research on such sensitive subjects one need freedom, unfortunately its not present in Iran at the moment.

As I explained, the expats have the requisite freedoms. So let's see the numbers confirming the trend in the expats.

I was just going through this thread

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/189514-iranians-india-model-minority.html

Wow! What a dustup that was ! :guns:

A lot of old combatants good friends now. :cheers:

And a lot of old combatants still circling the corral. :pop:

Should we merge these?

What about this one then

http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/191574-iran-respects-all-divine-religions.html

All these three have run into a large number of pages. Seems 1400 years on there is still a lot to say! And we're not yet done. :D

Then the title of the thread should be broadened accordingly, which would put it in conflict with rules against religious discussions and proselytizing. As long as it remains a showcase of Parsi culture in India, there is no issue.

You cannot tell people what to discuss and where and how a discussion progresses. This is not a Parsi Khabar publication or a Gahambar with everyone decked up for their custard. We can and will discuss issues you may well find uncomfortable.

How you getting your numbers? Divine revelations?

I got this from wikipedia, which references a scholarly work.

One-fifth of the decrease in population is attributed to migration (Roy & Unisa 2004, p. 21).

Parsi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You cannot tell people what to discuss and where and how a discussion progresses. This is not a Parsi Khabar publication or a Gahambar with everyone decked up for their custard. We can and will discuss issues you may well find uncomfortable.

Actually, you have already run afoul of a clear rule against religious proselytizing, but I figure it's not worth making an issue out of respect for Parsis in general.

Actually, you have already run afoul of a clear rule against religious proselytizing, but I figure it's not worth making an issue out of respect for Parsis in general.

I have not heard a peep out of you when there are 101 threads running with multiple verses quoted from the Quran. Or calls for the faithful to unite.

Be consistent.

Otherwise it smells of sour grapes. Or getting a small taste of your own medicine.

I have not heard a peep out of you when there are 101 threads running with multiple verses quoted from the Quran. Or calls for the faithful to unite.

Be consistent.

Otherwise it smells of sour grapes. Or getting a small taste of your own medicine.

As far as I can remember, the Qur'an verses are used to justify for or against specific issues: hijab, burqa, etc. I don't know that anyone has tried to convert non-Muslims to Islam on this forum.

In any case, like I wrote, I have a lot of respect for Parsis/Zoroastrians, so I would like to let this thread continue as a showcase of that culture. I had left the thread and only returned because there was a post specifically addressed to me.

As far as I can remember, the Qur'an verses are used to justify for or against specific issues: hijab, burqa, etc. I don't know that anyone has tried to convert non-Muslims to Islam on this forum.

In any case, like I wrote, I have a lot of respect for Parsis/Zoroastrians, so I would like to let this thread continue as a showcase of that culture. I had left the thread and only returned because there was a post specifically addressed to me.

What do you think? I am trying to convert someone? Parsis do not convert. Period.

If someone has made up his mind to come back to his ancestral faith, that is between him and his God.

You and I are nobodies.

We should mind our business. And let others go on with theirs.

What do you think? I am trying to convert someone? Parsis do not convert. Period.

If someone has made up his mind to come back to his ancestral faith, that is between him and his God.

You and I are nobodies.

We should mind our business. And let others go on with theirs.

Mota Bhai, can you tell us the percentage of Parsis and Iroons in India among Zoroastrians. What issues you faced when you had interaction with each other after a 1000 years.

Good to hear that you acknowledge the historical injustice that happened in Iran (what about the other countries BTW). The fellow Iranians have realized the gravity of the injustice and Iranians and few of their cousins back in India are seeking for justice, and as part of it they are moving away from the ideology that subjugated them. When there are too many people who have the perspective from that country, i think there is a truth to it. That was my point. Thats why i named it as "Parsi Jihad". Everyone deserves to perform jihad if there is injustice right!
My comment was simply that I acknowledge the historical injustices. History is replete with such examples. That does not mean this should turn into an advocacy thread for "parsi jihad" as you call it.

As I explained, the expats have the requisite freedoms. So let's see the numbers confirming the trend in the expats.

Are you sure these expats are hard core Muslims as well? Zoroastrianism is not an organised religion like Islam and Christianity, had there been a movement by Zoroastrians to revert them back, we would be hearing another story and all these expats coming under a common roof.

Abii and other Iranians who want to learn more about their faith but cannot for whatever reason and want to reach out, here are the links of Zoroastrian Anjumans across the world:

Useful Links

Other Zoroastrian Associations in the USA:
•FEZANA (Federation of Zoroastrian Associations of North America): FEZANA | Federation of Zoroastrian Associations of North America
•ZAGNY (Zoroastrian Association of Greater New York): ZAGNY: Zoroastrian Association of Greater New York
•Zoroastrian Association of Pennsylvania and New Jersey: Zoroastrian Association of Pennsylvania and New Jersey

•ZAGBA (Zoroastrian Association of Greater Boston): ZAGBA

•Zoroastrian Association of Metropolitan Chicago: Zoroastrian Association of Metropolitan Chicago
•ZANC (Zarthoshti Anjuman of Northern California): ZANC
•Persian Zoroastrian Association (Northern California): Persian Zoroastrians Organization
•California Zoroastrian Center (Southern California): http://www.californiazoroastriancenter.org/
•Zoroastrian Association of California: ZOROASTRIAN ASSOCIATION OF CALIFORNIA
•Zoroastrian Association of Houston: Zoroastrian Association of Houston
•Zoroastrian Association of North Texas: http://www.zant.org/

•ZAAZ (Zoroastrian Association of Arizona): http://aztec.asu.edu/worship/zaaz/
Other Zoroastrian Associations around the World:
•Kerman Zoroastrian Association: ?????? : ????? ???????? ?????
•Australian Zoroastrian Association of New South Wales: Australian Zoroastrian Association. NSW
•The Zoroastrian Association of Victoria in Australia: Welcome to Zoroastrian Association of Victoria
•ZAWA (Zoroastrian Association of Western Australia): Zoroastrian Association of Western Australia Inc.
•ZSBC (Zoroastrian Society of British Columbia): Zoroastrian Society of British Columbia
•Ontario Zoroastrian Community Foundation: Ontario Zoroastrian Community Foundation - Home
•Zoroastrian Society of Ontario: Zoroastrian Society of Ontario
•Delhi Parsis: http://delhiparsis.com/
•Parsi Khabar: Parsi Khabar
•Kuwait Zoroastrian Association: Kuwait Zoroastrian Association - Kuwait Zoroastrian Association(KZA)
•Zarathustrian Association of New Zealand: Home
•Parzi Zoroastrian Assciation of Singapore: Parzi Zoroastrian Association of Singapore

For more information on the Zoroastrian religion, Iranian culture or Zoroastrian News:
•The Zarathushtrian Assembly: The Zarathushtrian Assembly
•O'Shihan Cultural Organization: O'Shihan
•Avesta - Zoroastrian Archives: AVESTA -- Zoroastrian Archives
•World Zoroastrian Organization: World Zoroastrian Organization
•Zoroastrian News Agency: ZNAnews@gmail.com
•Zoroastrian News: Zoroastrian News -

•Vohuman: vohuman.org - vohuman Resources and Information. This website is for sale!
•Culture of Iran: Culture of Iran » Home
•Zarathustra: Zarathushtra ---- (Zoroaster)
•Payvand: Payvand.com

Zoroastrians Youth Sites & Groups:
•Zoroastrian Youth of North America: Zoroastrian Youth Of North America (ZYNA) | FEZANA
•Zoroastrian Olympics: zathletics
•Zoroastrian Student Association, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor: z-net@umich.edu PO Box 549, Monroe, MI 48161 Phone: 734-243-6795

•Stanford University Zoroastrian Group: PO Box 11030, Stanford, CA 94309
•MIT Zoroastrian Association: Cambridge, MA
Zoroastrian Calendar:
•Gregorian and Shenshai calendars: ZANC - Zoroastrian Calendar
•The Zarathushtrian Calendar: Zoroastrian Calendar (The Zarathushtrian Calendar)
Other:
•ZWIN (Zoroastrian Women's International Network): http://www.zwin3.net/index.html
•IranDokht: Iranian Women: The Community for Women of Iran - IranDokht.com
•Yahoo Zoroastrian Discussion Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/phrase/zoroastrian
•Ontario Youth Sports: Zoroastrian Sports

If you would like your association, organization or group to appear on this list, please e-mail IZA at iza.anjoman@gmail.com

Remember, being Zoroastrian is not about rules and regulations and dogma.

Its already within you! Always has been.

All you need is Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds.

Sarosh Yazd Panabad!

Are you sure these expats are hard core Muslims as well? Zoroastrianism is not an organised religion like Islam and Christianity, had there been a movement by Zoroastrians to revert them back, we would be hearing another story and all these expats coming under a common roof.

Exactly. What you see is the tip of the iceberg.

With the Parsis still undecided and dithering over what to do.

That can change very quickly.

We have the intelligence. We have the lobbying muscle. We have the money.

And we have the protection of our parent country.

So for once we are not in danger of being killed outright while we wage our own version of our holy war.

For our land and our people.

In many ways we are the Jews.

Only our Holocaust happened more than a thousand years ago.

HOMAGE TO MUSHKIL ASAAN BEHRAM YAZAD - One who eases difficulties

Many faiths and spiritual beliefs have a celestial being that is invoked for victory over evil, for protection from harm, for healing of illness. This website pays homage to the warrior deities who protect us in times of trouble – Behram Yazad, Saint Michael, and Hazrat Ali.

Some of the attributes of these three celestial beings overlap — Behram Yazad and Saint Michael are both warrior angels as well as healing angels; Behram Yazad and Hazrat Ali take on non-human forms to save those who ask for their protection. However, there is no scholarly evidence that they are different names of the same being, although you may believe it is so if you accept that the Source of All There Is is one and therefore each is also the other because they are part of the same whole.

RETELLING THE STORY OF MUSHKIL ASAAN

The story of the woodcutter’s plight and his encounter with Mushkil Asaan, with some variations, is widely known in the Middle East, Iran and India.

People of Zoroastrian faith recite this story on Fridays and on Behram roj. [The 20th day of the month dedicated to Behram Yazad]. The story is recited on Thursday nights by the Muslims (Iranians still recall this story! They now call Mushkil Aasaan as Mushkil Gusha!!!!). Muslims measure their days from sunset to sunset so Thursday nights is the beginning of the Muslim holy day, Friday.
The reciter of the story shares special food with listeners or distributes it to the poor. In the Middle East traditions the storytellers share dates; in Iran they distribute nokhod kishmisha, a snack mixture of dates, figs, raisins roasted chickpeas, nuts, and seeds; in India, they share sugar crystals or sweets, roasted chickpeas and cardamom.

I personally have great faith in this story and pray it on every Wednesday and Friday, and especially on Behram Roj (20th day of each month)

Please let me know if you guys want to hear this story :cheers:

Good to hear that you acknowledge the historical injustice that happened in Iran (what about the other countries BTW). The fellow Iranians have realized the gravity of the injustice and Iranians and few of their cousins back in India are seeking for justice, and as part of it they are moving away from the ideology that subjugated them. When there are too many people who have the perspective from that country, i think there is a truth to it. That was my point. Thats why i named it as "Parsi Jihad". Everyone deserves to perform jihad if there is injustice right!

Without putting too fine a point on it, ALL religions have skeletons in their closet: that includes yours, mine and the Parsis'. Once you open the can, ALL the worms come out.

More goalpost shifting...

Bottom line, show me the numbers. Until then, see ya!

Back
Top Bottom