What's new

India’s vanishing Parsis

Angeldust, do you think if Iran became a Zoroastrian (or at least a Zoroastrian friendly) country that most Parsis in India would move to Iran?

I ask because I have read several times from both you and vsdoc of anger at being forced out of Iran.

Fair question. During the days of the Shah, there was actually a program of getting many educated Parsi professionals from India to settle in Iran.

Then your mullas came and it was status quo of the past 1400 years all over again.

I know I cannot speak for all Parsi but if you ask me personally, I am Indian. Will die Indian. But that does not stop every Parsi alive from having a strong love for Iran and Iranians. All Iranians. A pull which is difficult to explain after 14 centuries. We see the mullas as different from Iranians. I know that's weird, but we still look at you guys as victims and at your mullas as rabidly brainwashed victims. We will rave and rant against Islamic Iran, but we will equally ferociously defend you against all others, be they American or Israeli or anyone else. And we are the biggest and most silent (but very strong industrial) lobby in India that pushes for India-Iran relations at the upper levels.

But India is our motherland. India and Parsis cannot be seperated, because who we are is completely intertwined with being Indian. I cannot say this part of me is ancient Persian and this is Indian.
And I cannot, will not, ever go to a country where I am not boss of my own destiny and an equal. And we do not see that happening for Iranian Zoroastrians even after you overthrow the mullas. I do not think the rest of your people would be amenable to it.

Yeah I have 3 Faravahar necklaces, 2 gold and 1 silver. I also have one with a sotoon of takht e jamshid.

But I don't wear them much, find it uncomfortable wearing rings/necklaces. Only a watch I can deal with wearing for extended periods of time.

I wear mine after my bath and take it off only before going to sleep (that too because I'm terrified of strangling myself in my sleep).

This is in Tehran and hundreds of these parties are thrown every day in every Iranian city

SkyscraperCity

these kind of parties r common in rich communities

not a big deal u wanna convert 2 zoroastrianism

thats ur personal choice

it wont change much in ur life

these kind of parties r common in rich communities

not a big deal u wanna convert 2 zoroastrianism

thats ur personal choice

it wont change much in ur life

I was trying to make another point and developero got it. Wasn't about zoroastrianism.

shahin check this out
persian_tattoo_thumb-265x252.jpg

I saw that pic in high school and for an entire year I was trying to gather my balls off the ground to get that tattoo. But then I saw all the god awful farvahar tattoos of so many othe Iranians and forgot about the whole thing. So many people are getting farvahar tattoos and a lot of the times they're soooooo bad

And we do not see that happening for Iranian Zoroastrians even after you overthrow the mullas.

When/if Iran becomes secular, you can believe that Zoroastrians will be held in high regard. Why do you think the head of National Iranian American Council is a Zoroastrian? That wouldn't happen inside Iranian community towards a religion we didn't respect.

Now you where talking about the Shah, and I am no fan of his. But check out his faravahar sword in this picture:
Shah_of_iran.jpg

shahin check this out
persian_tattoo_thumb-265x252.jpg

Bro that tattoo is nothing. Now this guy knows what a tattoo is supposed to be:
scaled.php

When/if Iran becomes secular, you can believe that Zoroastrians will be held in high regard. Why do you think the head of National Iranian American Council is a Zoroastrian? That wouldn't happen inside Iranian community towards a religion we didn't respect.

Now you where talking about the Shah, and I am no fan of his. But check out his faravahar sword in this picture:
Shah_of_iran.jpg

OMG that sword!!!
mind=blown

For the first time I'm tempted to buy something from those retard Iranian sattelite people, but all they sell is the same ol' farvahar stuff.

Edit: no way man. The farvahar in my pic is classy. Nothing can ever compare. I would kill to know the artist that did that for him.

OMG that sword!!!
mind=blown

For the first time I'm tempted to buy something from those retard Iranian sattelite people, but all they sell is the same ol' farvahar stuff.

Lol do they sell this sword on those channels?

I personally would never buy anything from those sh1tty auction sites man. If you have family in Iran, tell them to buy it for you. It will be better quality and cheaper.

Lol do they sell this sword on those channels?

I personally would never buy anything from those sh1tty auction sites man. If you have family in Iran, tell them to buy it for you. It will be better quality and cheaper.
no, prolly not. That sword is something else. I guess the only way is to have it specially made in Iran somewhere.

Edit: no way man. The farvahar in my pic is classy. Nothing can ever compare. I would kill to know the artist that did that for him.

Doesn't have to be a special tattoo artist. Just pick a decent one, then take him a picture of whatever it is you want tattooed.

no, prolly not. That sword is something else. I guess the only way is to have it specially made in Iran somewhere.

Lol good luck trying to get that through Canadian customs.

Doesn't have to be a special tattoo artist. Just pick a decent one, then take him a picture of whatever it is you want tattooed.

Lol good luck trying to get that through Canadian customs.

lol yeah.
I'm trying to import an airgun to Canada and it's so ******* impossible that for a second I wished I lived in the US. The airguns they sell here are pussified airguns and they're even more expensive than the ones across the border. Was in Seattle a while ago and every airgun I picked up the guy in the store said you won't be able to take it across the border so I just gave up lol

btw, I forgot to mention, I've always wanted to have a Zoroastrian name. Arta will be my future zoroastrian name.

@ angeldust
Can Arta alone be a name?

The day your national flag truly becomes this, is the day Iran arrives as a true global power backed by over 5000 years of heritage, history and culture, and comfortable in its true identity. In fact, proud of it.

Please remember, this is one thing we have which the West never has an answer for.

Leverage it and throw it in their faces. Without malice! :cool:

They will get all defensive and pooh pooh it and thro back the Industrial Revolution of the last 300-400 years to you. Just smile condescendingly. They will inwardly respect you for it. Today sadly you are looked at as a caricature of something else altogether, regardless of this groundswell you guys are telling me about.

@ angel check this out
wish you could understand nationalist Iranian songs. You would like them.

lol @ all the amateurish tatoos and the hairy backs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The day your national flag truly becomes this, is the day Iran arrives as a true global power backed by over 5000 years of heritage, history and culture, and comfortable in its true identity. In fact, proud of it.

Please remember, this is one thing we have which the West never has an answer for.

They will get all defensive and pooh pooh it and thro back the Industrial Revolution of the last 300-400 years to you. Just smile condescendingly. They will inwardly respect you for it. Today sadly you are looked at as a caricature of something else altogether, regardless of this groundswell you guys are telling me about.

To be honest when Iran changes flag, I rather have the Lion and the Sun flag back. We have had a variation of it for over 500 years:
Tricolour_Flag_of_Iran_%281886%29.svg

Why do you think Iran would become a super power if the country became Zoroastrian? We would then be the only Zoroastrian nation in the world.

past is past there once was roman empire n their roman gods. nothing left

u r missing the main point of life that everything changes

lol I wanted to go to bed 4 hours ago. have to wake up again in 4 hours, but this was worth it. For the FIRST time I learned something in this website. Went through the entire thread, very interesting posts by vsdoc, angeldust and shahin.

@ shahin, you know a lot about Iranian history. Kind of jelous.

Don't you people think the one in blue can pass off as a desi?

In the previous page I myself said Iranians as a whole will never convert. I said only a small minority if we're given democracy. And I don't disagree with anything you wrote here (only the part about parties in Karachi. In Iran it's different. Most liberals don't see Islam as part of their identity and culture. In Pakistan, people see Islam as part of their identity, whether liberal or muslim). What you said in the previous page was different. I thought that you meant most Iranians outside are muslims etc...

And yeah, most liberals aren't interested, I wasn't, Shahin isn't, Arian isn't etc... Right now zoroastrianism in Iran might as well be a dead and forgotten religion. Nobody can convert, nobody is thought the religion, nobody really knows much about it, the zoroastrians themselves don't really try to bring people in etc... For most people it has to become a personal decision. Once the numbers increase, the story will be different. There are more bahais outside the country advertising their religion than there are zoroastrians. Zoroastrians need to start advertising for younger people to know that they have a choice.

I'm happy to say 100 percent of it is because of us. :D

Back
Top Bottom