What's new

India’s vanishing Parsis

Shahin this brings me to my next question bro.

Can Muslim Iranians enter/pray at the Fire Temples in Iran?

Or are these women Zoroastrian but have to dress like this by law?

IMG_2158-2.jpg

Depends on the atashgah is question. In some they are allowed, in some no. My father has been in an atashgah in Yazd before.

Also Zoroastrians/Christians/Jews do not have to wear hejab whilst in company of people of their own religion. They only have to wear it in public places where Muslim men may be around, ie streets, parks and so on.

vsdoc this is for you

Cant see youtube bro.

Depends on the atashgah is question. In some they are allowed, in some no. My father has been in an atashgah in Yazd before.

Also Zoroastrians/Christians/Jews do not have to wear hejab whilst in company of people of their own religion. They only have to wear it in public places where Muslim men may be around, ie streets, parks and so on.

Great info!

So I am assuming that since this photo is of the inside of the atashgah, these women are muslim.

I thought Abii was kidding about Muslims praying at Zoroastrian temples on the weekends, but apparently not!

Finding it difficult to wrap my mind around it being from India.

P.S. Would you by any chance know which wood they use for the atash?

Last edited by a moderator:
do you think after so many centuries there would be genetic mutations in indian parsis versus iranian zoros ?

i mean that do you think would there be significant genetic differnce to be called a different race

Don't want to get into the race bit here bro.

We are happy being who we are and know where we have come from.

Developereo:

Spare me your tantrum because I reported your racist outburst in the other thread.

I don't deny that there is a segment of Iranian society that hates Islam and makes broad claims. Every society has its (noisy) rebels.

The fact is that I have known literally hundreds of Iranians in real life and we discussed Zoroastrianism, so I know how ordinary Iranians think. I used to date and work with Iranians for several years in Los Angeles and elsewhere. From Jewish to Christian to Muslim Iranians, I did not find one single person who wanted to abandon their faith and revert to Zoroastrianism.

What happened to your regular ID that you are using this one to troll?

Spare me your tantrum because I reported your racist outburst in the other thread.

I don't deny that there is a segment of Iranian society that hates Islam and makes broad claims. Every society has its (noisy) rebels.

The fact is that I have known literally hundreds of Iranians in real life and we discussed Zoroastrianism, so I know how ordinary Iranians think. I used to date and work with Iranians for several years in Los Angeles and elsewhere. From Jewish to Christian to Muslim Iranians, I did not find one single person who wanted to abandon their faith and revert to Zoroastrianism.

What happened to your regular ID that you are using this one to troll?

Maybe they were too polite being in the company of a sub-continental Muslim, and would have wanted to spare your sentiments.

Just a possibility?

I mean what do you say to someone who is a convert and has done all in his power to cut himself off from and dissociate himself from his roots.

Especially when you yourself belong to a people for whom roots are everything?

Maybe they were too polite being in the company of a sub-continental Muslim, and would have wanted to spare your sentiments.

Just a possibility.

Heh. You just keep on believing that... ;)

Heh. You just keep on believing that... ;)

Somehow lost this epic photo op (I'm becoming a convert!) ;)

jpyl93.jpg

Hassan Khomaini, Grandson of Ayatollah Khomaini visits Tehran Fire Temple , Tehran
Zoroastrian Anjoman and Yeganegi Library on Thursday, July 10th 2008. He
and his team were weclomed by Head of Tehran Mobeds Council (Dr. Mobed
Ardeshir Khorshidian) , Head of Tehran Zoroastrian Anjoman (Mr. Allayar
Daneshmand), Zoroastrian Rep in Iran Parliament (Dr. Esfandiar
Ekhtiari), Mrs. Tooran Bahrami (prominent Zoroastrian poet) and others.

Great info!

So I am assuming that since this photo is of the inside of the atashgah, these women are muslim.

I thought Abii was kidding about Muslims praying at Zoroastrian temples on the weekends, but apparently not!

Finding it difficult to wrap my mind around it being from India.

P.S. Would you by any chance know which wood they use for the atash?

Yeah when I get the chance, I will definitely go to a Atashgah as well.

I know they use some special wood which doesn't give off smoke. I think maybe ebony, but don't quote me on that. My grandfather is a professor on Ancient Iran and Zoroastrianism, so I will ask him next time I see him and let you know.

Yeah when I get the chance, I will definitely go to a Atashgah as well.

I know they use some special wood which doesn't give off smoke. I think maybe ebony, but don't quote me on that. My grandfather is a professor on Ancient Iran and Zoroastrianism, so I will ask him next time I see him and let you know.

Do find out please. I would really appreciate it.

We use sandalwood (chandan) here, but it does smoke. Within the main sanctum where the afardanyu is, no electricity is allowed, so there are real clever natural ventilation/exhaust devices from ancient times.

Somehow lost this epic photo op (I'm becoming a convert!) ;)

Hassan Khomaini, Grandson of Ayatollah Khomaini visits Tehran Fire Temple , Tehran
Zoroastrian Anjoman and Yeganegi Library on Thursday, July 10th 2008. He
and his team were weclomed by Head of Tehran Mobeds Council (Dr. Mobed
Ardeshir Khorshidian) , Head of Tehran Zoroastrian Anjoman (Mr. Allayar
Daneshmand), Zoroastrian Rep in Iran Parliament (Dr. Esfandiar
Ekhtiari), Mrs. Tooran Bahrami (prominent Zoroastrian poet) and others.

Here is Hassan Khomeini meeting Zoroastrians
jpyl93.jpg

You can read more about it and see more pictures here:
amordad-news agency of zoroastrian - A group of Zoroastrians paid visit to the grandson of Imam Khomeini

Here is Hassan Khomeini meeting Zoroastrians
jpyl93.jpg

You can read more about it and see more pictures here:
amordad-news agency of zoroastrian - A group of Zoroastrians paid visit to the grandson of Imam Khomeini

No, the photograph I am talking about is him inside the atashgah in front of the atash padshah.

Cant find it now.

This is our guardian angel, the Faravahar (or Farohar) - most of you must have seen this as a sticker behind on the windshileds of Parsi cars or as lockets worn by Parsis.

I have great faith in the Faravahar. I have it on all my bike number plates as well. And clutch it every time I take off on a plane :)

This is what it symbolizes:

p_10.jpg

Read more about it here:

F A R A V A H A R The most powerful spiritual symbol of true Iranians

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom