What's new

India’s vanishing Parsis

Our mytholgy and heros are many man. Shahnameh is one such epic. Rustom, Sohrab, Gushtasp, these are all great heroes.

Do all Parsis regard the Shahnameh as importantly as you do? Also do you have a copy and/or have ever read it? Do you use a Hindi/Gujarati translation?

Do all Parsis regard the Shahnameh as importantly as you do? Also do you have a copy and/or have ever read it? Do you use a Hindi/Gujarati translation?

Ya our Shahnameh is translated into Gujarati, as is the story of Behram Yazad and the Woodcutter. My grandmom use to tell us stories from it but sadly I have never read it myself.

For us even the Qissa-e-Sanjan is an important part of our roots as a displaced community.

mad bawis are madder than bawas..

And they live much longer as well. :)

Ya our Shahnameh is translated into Gujarati, as is the story of Behram Yazad and the Woodcutter. My grandmom use to tell us stories from it but sadly I have never read it myself.

For us even the Qissa-e-Sanjan is an important part of our roots as a displaced community.

And they live much longer as well. :)
i swear.. they do dont they. these bawis used o be quite accomplished as well in their time.
are there vegetarian parsis?

i swear.. they do dont they. these bawis used o be quite accomplished as well in their time.
are there vegetarian parsis?

Wouldn't you know ..... the bawi I am married to is a vegetarian parsi :angry:

really.. didnt know they existed. :)

Neither did I till I met her.

But in matters of the heart, what are you going to do?

She has conned my youngest one into believing that chicken is like some vegetable.

So I come back one day home during the Ramadan with a teetad (quail) to bite into.

And I have this 6 year old standing on the side with wide eyes telling me how the lil birdies mother will come to me in my dreams.

The teetad went uneaten to the cat that night. :disagree:

how did you meet?
Did you say : hi Im bawa , im a doc.
and she said: Hi Im bawi and im a vegetarian?

wonder where the wise men came up with 90K pm per person ?

vsdoc this is for you

Last edited by a moderator:
We met in college man. Way before I was a doc.

She had a sidekick I had to get rid of first ....
LOL.. tell me about sidekicks.. hehe.. we used to call such guys sunderlals.. (after sunderlal bahuguna of Chipko movement)

She has conned my youngest one into believing that chicken is like some vegetable.

So I come back one day home during the Ramadan with a teetad (quail) to bite into.

And I have this 6 year old standing on the side with wide eyes telling me how the lil birdies mother will come to me in my dreams.

The teetad went uneaten to the cat that night. :disagree:
LOL.. thats funny.. i had my first one 4 months ago.. communication is still rudimentary

Shahin this brings me to my next question bro.

Can Muslim Iranians enter/pray at the Fire Temples in Iran?

Or are these women Zoroastrian but have to dress like this by law?

IMG_2158-2.jpg

LOL.. tell me about sidekicks.. hehe.. we used to call such guys sunderlals.. (after sunderlal bahuguna of Chipko movement)

This one was female. We call them stepneys. Its a universal law .... a pretty girl will always have a feminist ordinary looking stepney tagging along.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom