What's new

India’s secret ICBM ambitions

Any one can change anything in wikipedia. So wikipedia is not a reliable source. Here is how you can find something from a reliable source

What To Make of India’s Nuclear Forces | Flashpoints | The Diplomat

To be sure, India has a long way to go before it can be confident in deterring, say, China with a fleet of nuclear-powered, nuclear-armed submarines, or SSBNs. For now, its sole SSBN, is basically a technology demonstrator. It's not clear if the INS Arihant, notionally launched in 2009, will ever really conduct deterrent patrols.

And there are serious technical challenges ahead in arming this vessel or the 3-6 such boats the Indian Navy hopes for in its future fleet. As Andrew Winner has asked, can India miniaturize a nuclear warhead to fit these relatively small missiles, and can it do so without further nuclear testing? Is New Delhi stuck with the relatively modest range of this armament? And what does that mean for its ability to genuinely deter China, given the risks of having to patrol close to the Chinese coast in some hypothetical future crisis?

But the blog is not reliable sourceas well. However, the blog site the following book, which is a reliable source. The source state that India has no miniature warhead to put on missiles.

Strategy in the Second Nuclear Age | Georgetown University Press

No Indians had posted anything besides wikipedia or Indian press, which is not reliable. My comments above are from a books. They clearly state that India has no miniaturization tech for nuclear warheads.

There is an extra fizz when you punch a sleeping bastard .. breaks more teeth, and all at the wrong places. :laugh:

you, sleep on baby.. we like it. mouthwatering, really. .... :laugh:

Any one can change anything in wikipedia. So wikipedia is not a reliable source. Here is how you can find something from a reliable source

To be sure, India has a long way to go before it can be confident in deterring, say, China with a fleet of nuclear-powered, nuclear-armed submarines, or SSBNs. For now, its sole SSBN, is basically a technology demonstrator. It's not clear if the INS Arihant, notionally launched in 2009, will ever really conduct deterrent patrols.

And there are serious technical challenges ahead in arming this vessel or the 3-6 such boats the Indian Navy hopes for in its future fleet. As Andrew Winner has asked, can India miniaturize a nuclear warhead to fit these relatively small missiles, and can it do so without further nuclear testing? Is New Delhi stuck with the relatively modest range of this armament? And what does that mean for its ability to genuinely deter China, given the risks of having to patrol close to the Chinese coast in some hypothetical future crisis?

But the blog is not reliable sourceas well. However, the blog site the following book, which is a reliable source. The source state that India has no miniature warhead to put on missiles.

No Indians had posted anything besides wikipedia or Indian press, which is not reliable. My comments above are from a books. They clearly state that India has no miniaturization tech for nuclear warheads.

I dont know anything about china-this is faithfulguy's comments some time back..

I have not quoted wiki as source, I want you to see the picture in wiki. That picture is available in many other sources other than wiki.

By the way how can you claim that your sources are more reliable? Everything that says that India do not have or lack something is reliable according to you right?

Your @$$ burning is not going to prevent India from mastering ICBM and Nuclear technology. For your and your breather's batter health, I suggest you to accept the reality. Now K4 is coming followed by many sophisticated Missiles test from all spectrum of missiles which your country can simply envy. I suggest you to accept the reality to manage yourself batter.

1.Arihant is surely not a TD.Its nuclear reactors went critical this year,and its on sea trials.3 more vessels would be added to the fleet by 3-4 years.

And care to explain about the 'difficulties in arming this kind of submarines' ?
India has already demonstrated SLBM capability,and even tests of 4000 km range K 4 is expected this year.

And the K 15 SLBM can go more than 2000 kms,carrying the mk.5 warhead,which houses a 200kT TN warhead.The Warhead weighs just ~350 kg.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/134502-indian-ballistic-missile-warheads-yield-mass.html,ses this link.

Now you.were asked to look at the size of TN,device tested in Pokhran,you never did.

And,do you think,some random'book' knows more about Indian nuclear warheads than Indian nuclear establishments itself?

@faithfulguy

This article is about Agni III,but I guess thisis enough

Re-Entry Vehicle: RV-Mk.4
Agni-III RV supports a wide range of weapons, with total payload mass ranging from 600 to 3,490 Kg. The missile range is a function of payload (see graph below).
This is the first Re-Entry Vehicle (RV) that is designed & optimised for the new lighter 200Kt thermonuclear payload weapon and corresponding to a very long range. The 200Kt yield weapon reportedly weights less than 450 Kg, however some sources indicate a mass of between 300 to 200 Kg4.*The sharp high‘²’ (Ballistic coefficient5) RV design employs 17 cm diameter blunt nose with a nose cone section 2 meter long and half angle of 11°, followed by a*0.65 meter long cylindrical section that is terminated by with a 0.5 meter long, 1.5 meter diameter interface to the missile adapter.
Compared to Agni-II this RV is shorter, more voluminous and just 3.3 meter long. The high ‘²’ RV in combination with an all carbon composite body enables higher re-entry speed even with a lighter weight payload6.
With joint Indo-Russian revival of GLONASS, India will have access to military grade precision19 from GLONASS that will be very useful for Agni-III.

Instead of conventional bus architecture, the RV Mk-4 is*self-contained with high altitude thrusters, navigation and re-entry control systems, making it very accurate. It is world’s first all composite RV and uses no metal backup7. The all carbon composite re-entry heat shields with multi-directional ablative carbon-carbon re-entry nose tip make it very light and tough8. The new lightweight composite case can withstand temperatures of up to 5,000º centigrade9 thus its conic half angle choice is more aggressive, yet capable of all re-entry velocities. This very light RV mass uniquely enables disproportionate large increase in missile’s range.*The RV has been flight tested before its use in Agni-III10.

India’s Long Range Missile » Indian Defence Review

Last edited by a moderator:

First of all Mr Weinner poses a question and not an assertion, as you would make out to be.
Secondly these 'relatively small missiles' have payload of one tonne, as do all other Indian SSMs barring Prithvi 2/3 and Bhramos.

So are you telling me, India does not have nuclear warhead to arm hundreds of nuclear capable missiles, yet it goes on producing and testing more!!??

I have not quoted wiki as source, I want you to see the picture in wiki. That picture is available in many other sources other than wiki.

By the way how can you claim that your sources are more reliable? Everything that says that India do not have or lack something is reliable according to you right?

Your @$$ burning is not going to prevent India from mastering ICBM and Nuclear technology. For your and your breather's batter health, I suggest you to accept the reality. Now K4 is coming followed by many sophisticated Missiles test from all spectrum of missiles which your country can simply envy. I suggest you to accept the reality to manage yourself batter.

Maybe in the future India will master the miniaturize warhead technology. And in the future India will have long range SLBM. And in the future, India will have true nuclear deterrant. But lets dwell in the present for once. Your comment now goes in line with the 2030 superpower video.

First of all Mr Weinner poses a question and not an assertion, as you would make out to be.
Secondly these 'relatively small missiles' have payload of one tonne, as do all other Indian SSMs barring Prithvi 2/3 and Bhramos.

So are you telling me, India does not have nuclear warhead to arm hundreds of nuclear capable missiles, yet it goes on producing and testing more!!??

That is the question by Mr Weinner. India has no miniaturization capability to make warhead small enough for the missiles India is developing. He was wondering why a country would build the missile but has no warheads for the missiles. Your question is the same question he has? Is puzzling that a country would do such a thing, isn't it. If its not for the fact of his article. I would say that someone is making fun of Indian scientists. But now, its likely that India has all the missiles but not the warheads for them.

1.Arihant is surely not a TD.Its nuclear reactors went critical this year,and its on sea trials.3 more vessels would be added to the fleet by 3-4 years.

And care to explain about the 'difficulties in arming this kind of submarines' ?
India has already demonstrated SLBM capability,and even tests of 4000 km range K 4 is expected this year.

And the K 15 SLBM can go more than 2000 kms,carrying the mk.5 warhead,which houses a 200kT TN warhead.The Warhead weighs just ~350 kg.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/134502-indian-ballistic-missile-warheads-yield-mass.html,ses this link.

Now you.were asked to look at the size of TN,device tested in Pokhran,you never did.

And,do you think,some random'book' knows more about Indian nuclear warheads than Indian nuclear establishments itself?

Any legitimate source.

@faithfulguy

This article is about Agni III,but I guess thisis enough

India’s Long Range Missile » Indian Defence Review

I am not sure about the authenticity of this source. Do you have any legitimate western source?

Maybe in the future India will master the miniaturize warhead technology. And in the future India will have long range SLBM. And in the future, India will have true nuclear deterrant. But lets dwell in the present for once. Your comment now goes in line with the 2030 superpower video.

I repeatedly tel you to see the picture of a TN device tested in Pokharan in 1998. I once again tell you to look at the picture and tell me whether it is a miniaturize version of TN device or not. I do not know why don't you trust the picture available? Or you want to Ignore it as it doesn't fit into the line of your India bashing mindset.

And mind you this is a picture of 1998 means 15 years ago.India has come a long way since than. Now it is up to you whether to believe it or not.

That is the question by Mr Weinner. India has no miniaturization capability to make warhead small enough for the missiles India is developing. He was wondering why a country would build the missile but has no warheads for the missiles. Your question is the same question he has? Is puzzling that a country would do such a thing, isn't it. If its not for the fact of his article. I would say that someone is making fun of Indian scientists. But now, its likely that India has all the missiles but not the warheads for them.

Illogic of the question itself, renders it irrelavent it.Why would one make bullets if he no gun to fire them and vice versa.

Besides, for a minute lets accepts Mr Weiner theory for fact, that India does not have miniaturization capability.

Is he clueless that to K-15 SLBMs payload capacity or is he uneducated to call one tonne nuclear warhead a miniature??

@walle

so that should tell you that 50 tonne Agni V can go 15000 KM with 2.5 ton payload.

When 40 tonne DF-41 can do 14000 with 1.5 tonne payload.

Whatever pleases the Indian ego.

The Chinese know they can decimate the whole of India with nukes launched from the CJ-10 CJ-20 platform, no need to even use ballistic missiles.

So all these years Indians were just doing a paint job on Russian missiles and called them their own? How surprising. Not!

Heavy doubts of foreign dependence by India,

in wikileaks hardly noted any cables mentioning transfer of MCTR restricted materials to India

So all these years Indians were just doing a paint job on Russian missiles and called them their own? How surprising. Not!

Really?From which article posted here says that,genius?

Come up with proofs

Or

GTFO false flag troll

Because India wants to be like China. China is one of the 5 permanent member, so India wants to join too. After Beijing hosted 2008 Olympics, India also bidded for Olympics, LOL.

India hosted the commonwealth games in 2010, a newly built footbridge collapsed before a single person stepped on it, the roof of the weightlifting venue collapsed, the athletes village were ****** (human excrements on the ground/bed) and hundreds of "volunteers" went AWOL after they received their free volunteer clothing.

Commonwealth games isn't returning to India for the foreseeable future and for good reasons. A reality check for India really, imagine blackouts during the olympics.

Back
Top Bottom