What's new

India’s Muslims. Growing, and neglected.

Current topic is about Indian Muslims and Indian Muslims have nothing to do with Pakistan as i already stated dozen of time before. Regarding situation of Pakistan there are 100s of threads already there and also on 47's partition. You are really naive that you think one day Muslims woke up and started demanding Pakistan. And i don't bother to indulge with Indians on their internal matters If they don't drag Pakistan in it.

How can Pakistan be kept away from discussion of anything about Indian muslim given that the creation of Pakistan was in their name that muslims cannot be safe under Hindus and it also affected their standing as a group in post-partition India.

So any discussion of muslim-hindu relations would inevitably invoke Pakistan.

--> Muslims are 100% free to practise AND propagate their religion in india

--> There is Hindu-muslim problem just like between majority and minority in any counry but just not on the level as you like/wish to believe.

Your communal problems are litter or huge, I don't care. I have problem when a Hindu says that send Indian Muslims to Pakistan.

What I dont understand is you people betrayed the muslims in India after partition and refused them to migrate into Pakistan after forming Pakistan in their name. So why crocodile tears now ?

Muslims of today's India didn't supported Pakistan but opted for Indian Union. So, they don't have any right. The ones who supported migrated into Pakistan.

Umm no they are not they cannot zibah cow on eid and cow meat is imported in india becuase cow is a religious animal So stop it and admit it india is not secular as the media say it is

And to serve cow meat or not makes India Secular or not and only a Cow Meat eating muslim is practicing his religion freely? What a loner, myopic view you take of Islam and Muslims... I, genuinely, pity this view (No disrespect meant)

okay but they donnot have religious freedom in that matter cut it is banned in states so their is no 100% religious freedom
facepalm back at ya

How can Pakistan be kept away from discussion of anything about Indian muslim given that the creation of Pakistan was in their name that muslims cannot be safe under Hindus and it also affected their standing as a group in post-partition India.

Muslims of today's India opposed Pakistan and opted Indian Union, So - Pakistan is not for them and they have nothing to do with them.

LOL!!! So, you still doubt on your Muslims fallows that whenever their is talk about Indian Muslims you will drag Pakistan into and suggest that those Indian Muslims should move to Pakistan.

Don't think that is a fair comment. Indian Muslims stayed back, because they chose diversity, trusted the secularistic nature of the society they lived in and had stood shoulder to shoulder with every other Indian in Freedom struggle. To confuse any discussion on Indian Muslims with Pakistan would be trivializing that core faith and spirit. My 2 humble cents.

Your communal problems are litter or huge, I don't care. I have problem when a Hindu says that send Indian Muslims to Pakistan.

Why would you have a problem when Pakistan itself was created as a homeland of all subcontinental muslims ?

Muslims of today's India didn't supported Pakistan but opted for Indian Union. So, they don't have any right. The ones who supported migrated into Pakistan.

Huh no..Pakistan ended the visa abruptly to Indian migrants in 1951 because the Sindhi muslims who wanted to get rid of the Sindhi hindus and in the intitial fervor welcomed the muhajirs, got fed up with them.

Don't think that is a fair comment. Indian Muslims stayed back, because they chose diversity, trusted the secularistic nature of the society they lived in and had stood shoulder to shoulder with every other Indian in Freedom struggle. To confuse any discussion on Indian Muslims with Pakistan would be trivializing that core faith and spirit. My 2 humble cents.

In 11 pages of this thread you are the 2nd Indian who seems to care about your Muslim fallows. Majority of Indians are either silent or bashing Pakistan that clearly mean that they have same opinion as Post #11

okay but they donnot have religious freedom in that matter cut it is banned in states so their is no 100% religious freedom
facepalm back at ya

ahhh, so because cow meat chopping is not allowed in some states makes you think India is not secular... hmmm... Like I said... Myopic! and in addition, it is actually views like these that create that heckeneyed image in my mind, about how limited a view you have of the world (when compared to the 'diversity & secularism quotient and tolerance quotient' in either of the flags under your name...

When a Pakistani invokes the discussion then there is no choice to bring in Pakistan, considering that muslims in Inda are much safer under Hindus than the Shias there under sunnis..isnt it ? That was what I meant.

Also not all those stayed stayed by choice. The brutal fact is they stayed behind for the reasons you mentioned plus economic reasons and fear for life. Anyway that is a separate discussion.

And to serve cow meat or not makes India Secular or not and only a Cow Meat eating muslim is practicing his religion freely? What a loner, myopic view you take of Islam and Muslims... I, genuinely, pity this view (No disrespect meant)

Dude if you dont allow some one to practice his religion the way other muslim countries allow muslims to do then it is not 100% regardless of the point of cow meat it is part of a muslim diet and its part of religion because when you sacrifice cow it has more parts divided because of the size then goat or sheep because of the small size and camel i believe gets the largest division of parts in qurbani So people need to sacrifice cow because of that reason if one familly have 7 members they need cow if one family have 11 members they need camel if one family have 3 members they need goat other wise they wont be able to do it Do you get my drift So if you dont know about islam and what it is and how the cow qurbani is important in that aspect you dont have a say in it and just admit it muslims in india are not 100% free to practice just like in USA where azan are banned through loud speaker which is very important Just like church bells so in that Sence muslims are religiously suppressed in western countries and in india because they cannot practice it. and Qurbani depends on how many member of family their are 3 or less its goat 4 or more its cow 8 or more its 2 cows or 1 camel Get it.
No disrespect to india iam sure it is a great nation like every other nation and i dont care i am an american muslim in our family it is tradition to serve in the government my dad and uncle served in pakistan ASF as a Air Gaurd both of them My grandad served as a Potwari My great granddad and his father served in british india as a Jailer and i served in american army as a uav operator
In my great grandad time they were able to practice islam 100% in my grandad /my dad time they were in pakistan so 100% freely islam me as a muslim in america my religion is suppressed because of ban on azan through loud speaker or out in the open
i hope that answers your questions and muslims in india are suppressed becuase of the important significant of members of family and their qurbani plays in religion again 3 or less goat 4 or more cow 8 or more 2 cows or 1 camel 11 or more 2 camels or 4 cows etc

In 11 pages of this thread you are the 2nd Indian who seems to care about your Muslim fallows. Majority of Indians are either silent or bashing Pakistan that clearly mean that they have same opinion as Post #11

Mate, I come from a state that has 90% muslims, and from that part of the state, where even after Babri Masjid, we did not have any riots... So, I know a thing or two about the communal harmony fabric of my country (inspite of the failures we've had) and very proud of the strength of that fabric. I still don't think Indians look at Indians as Indian Hindus and Indian Muslims...

When a Pakistani invokes the discussion then there is no choice to bring in Pakistan, considering that muslims in Inda are much safer under Hindus than the Shias there under sunnis..isnt it ? That was what I meant.

Also not all those stayed stayed by choice. The brutal fact is they stayed behind for the reasons you mentioned plus economic reasons and fear for life. Anyway that is a separate discussion.

Agree. But, I still look at it differently. Indian Muslims are not safe under Hindus, but they are safe in India, with Indians. Though we are a Hindu Majority country, we still are not a Hindu country (Like Christian Germany, US or Islamic Saudia) and I am sure you know that... BTW, do you have a link of the image in your avtar?

You are abolutely right the current topic is about indian muslim condition not their religion prosecution .

Current topic is about Indian Muslims and Indian Muslims have nothing to do with Pakistan as i already stated dozen of time before. Regarding situation of Pakistan there are 100s of threads already there and also on 47's partition. You are really naive that you think one day Muslims woke up and started demanding Pakistan. And i don't bother to indulge with Indians on their internal matters If they don't drag Pakistan in it.

Your posts are normally good, I can support you if you demand that title of Jr. T.T should be taken from @KRAIT and given to you. In that case you will be able to post. :pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. But, I still look at it differently. Indian Muslims are not safe under Hindus, but they are safe in India, with Indians. Though we are a Hindu Majority country, we still are not a Hindu country (Like Christian Germany, US or Islamic Saudia) and I am sure you know that... BTW, do you have a link of the image in your avtar?

Hinduism is intertwined with India, as a nation, as a civilization. That is what I think. Just like Islam is intertwined with culture of Saudia or christianity with Italy..

Here is the link link

Current topic is about Indian Muslims and Indian Muslims have nothing to do with Pakistan as i already stated dozen of time before.

Err it has.. considering that most of the educated, scholarly, economically well-off muslims left to Pakistan and most of the who were left behind were from the bottom most social strata of the muslims.

So while the already socially well off Hindus stayed back, the socially well-off muslims left for Pakistan thus creating the overall condition.

Hinduism is intertwined with India, as a nation, as a civilization. That is what I think.

Here is the link link

But, the way it is intertwined is as a 'way of life' and not just another 'religion'... But, I guess, we would be derailing the thread then...

'Dastaan-e-hind bas aisi hi hei, ke kaafile baste gaye aur Hindustaan banta gaya'... We've a legacy of assimilation mate... and I am happy to disagree on that if you have a different opinion... Cheers!

And thanks for the link!

Back
Top Bottom