What's new

India,s MKI deals worth twice the MMRCA bid

@ RAS
Thats y i said in post that it might get engine upgrad as it will start coming at time when older mki r on upgradation

@ RAS
Thats y i said in post that it might get engine upgrad as it will start coming at time when older mki r on upgradation

The Saturn 117S engines cannot be fitted onto the MKI without extensive modifications.And without these engines there cannot be a IBRIS. Most likely it will an upgraded BARS.

@ falconfx
speculation r bound to happen at such costly deal. and this speculation r about 85-95% prove true :cheers:

@ ras
isnt thats y these new mki cost about 70mil. due these all modification must have been kept in mind. u never know india

even if keep 3% std. iflation to 45mil old cost it only come to b about 55-60mil so there must b so bound upgrads.

It just shows how much confidence the Indians have on the SU30MKI today and in deed tommrrow.

For them to spend another $3 billion or $75m each on 42 more when the

Rafael Typhoon F18SH are being thrown at india daily for MMRCA

Bearing in mind these new flankers are not coming for 5 years. I WONDER why the indians didnt just increase MMRCA TO 126 + 42 = 166 MMRCA in stead.

INDIANS MUST LOVE THE SU30MKI

The reason is- not even a single mmrca a/c have the capability to dominate mki. and futur upgrad increse this gap further

u got words from my mouth. why not su-35 insted of 42 mki.?

It just shows how much confidence the Indians have on the SU30MKI today and in deed tommrrow.

For them to spend another $3 billion or $75m each on 42 more when the

Rafael Typhoon F18SH are being thrown at india daily for MMRCA

Bearing in mind these new flankers are not coming for 5 years. I WONDER why the indians didnt just increase MMRCA TO 126 + 42 = 166 MMRCA in stead.

INDIANS MUST LOVE THE SU30MKI
Well the 42 new MKI are supposed to be Brahmos (Air launched version) comparable hence the 5 year time line is acceptable.

Well the IAF has only herd about and got a few feelers on how good these fighters(MMRCA) are one they Induct these fighters and get a few years on operational experience (if the like it a lot like the MKI) one can expect more orders .

Another reason for More MKI's is that Majority of the MKI's will be serving in the China Theater that is a place where we need very high quality planes to take on the Numerically superior PLAAF .

The MKI will be a the IAF's main stay till the PAK-FA arrives and the FGFA is produced by HAL which could take some time hence the greater number of MKI's in service and orders for more planes are placed.

:smitten::smitten::smitten:SU-30MKI:smitten::smitten::smitten:

Hope this clears things out.:cheers:

The Saturn 117S engines cannot be fitted onto the MKI without extensive modifications.And without these engines there cannot be a IBRIS. Most likely it will an upgraded BARS.
Extensive modifications expected hence the high cost and the long time(5 years) frame for arrival of the jets.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom