What's new

India’s ‘K-15 Black Project’ : Pakistani perspective

so let me get this straight your navy chief tells you are no match for China then how do you expect to last in a war with them? thats like me saying i'm no match for floyd mayweather jr but i can last 3 rounds with him in the ring.

This is an inappropriate analogy.

A better analogy, would be just because Pakistan is no match for India, doesn't necessarily mean India will win.

First i'd ask you to educate yourself upon couple of things on Sino-Indian war scenario.

1. Respective objectives or goals of both the nations in case of war
2. Terrain of the theatre of battle.
3. Weather conditions.
4.Logistics
5.Respective deployment by both sides.
6. Experience of both the armies in that terrain.

If you still are not convinced, i"ll explain in detail.

This is an inappropriate analogy.

A better analogy, would be just because Pakistan is no match for India, doesn't necessarily mean India will win.

First i'd ask you to educate yourself upon couple of things on Sino-Indian war scenario.

1. Respective objectives or goals of both the nations in case of war
2. Terrain of the theatre of battle.
3. Weather conditions.
4.Logistics
5.Respective deployment by both sides.
6. Experience of both the armies in that terrain.

If you still are not convinced, i"ll explain in detail.

in terms of mountain warfare India may have advantage since its units are well trained in that particular type of warfare also considering the fact that you need 10x the number of attackers than defenders to take over rugged hill tops etc but you need to realize that even though you can give them a bloody nose in the end it will you who suffers the greatest amount of losses

in terms of mountain warfare India may have advantage since its units are well trained in that particular type of warfare also considering the fact that you need 10x the number of attackers than defenders to take over rugged hill tops etc but you need to realize that even though you can give them a bloody nose in the end it will you who suffers the greatest amount of losses

If you are referring to a battle of attrition by PLA and IA then you"ve missed the weather here.

Like how? - you mean if they go nuclear?

If you are referring to a battle of attrition by PLA and IA then you"ve missed the weather here.

i know its highly unlikely, but i am saying eventually the numbers will get to the IA isn't that what happened in 1962?

Like how? - you mean if they go nuclear?

no, i am talking about your entire north east being cut off from the rest of your mainland.

i know its highly unlikely, but i am saying eventually the numbers will get to the IA isn't that what happened in 1962?

no, i am talking about your entire north east being cut off from the rest of your mainland.

Like how??? After the Chinese invade Nepal or before? - cos if they intend to reach the chicken's neck chinese soldiers have to traverse the entire breadth of Nepal, do check on the area map.

Though you guys are mainly discussing at tactical level, I will paste copy of what I opined in another forum. Draw down from the strategic framework to tactical level and you may arrive at conclusions which may be more closer to reality.

Quote:

China’s defence effort is much bigger than that of India. This can pose a potent threat to India.

A major geographical imbalance places many of India’s political and economic centres close to the Himalayan Ranges.

Siliguri Corridor places India in a delicate position if there is uncertainty in the area.

Contrarily, almost all of China’s economic and political centres of gravity are in Eastern China though Tibet certainly is a sensitive region.

China has carried out major improvements in her logistical infrastructure in areas to support operations inside India.

The possibility of Chinese gaining a strategic surprise against India are indeed low, with fair bit of warning time available to India.

China is unlikely to embark on any major adventure to disturb the status-quo along the border in the near to mid-term future, unless events spiral out of control.

Indians feel that the Chinese would be able to deploy about 33 Divisions against them which indeed is a potent threat.

The Indians feel that as Chinese and Indian interests clash, Chinese may enhance military presence and may initiate support to insurgent groups in disputed areas.

The Chinese could also use Burmese territory to extend threat and may use Bay of Bengal for limited projection of power.

India is likely to follow a strategy of dissuasive defence. However, as dissuasion being a comparatively weaker option, it will be coupled with strategic offensive capability having a potent deterrence.

Indians are putting due emphasis on improved logistics infrastructure while reducing the teeth to tail ratio.

To gain appropriate warning time, India is enhancing its integrated surveillance capability linked with satellite based surveillance. Improved intelligence acquisition capability in particular collusion with Americans and allied Western nations.China’s defence effort is much bigger than that of India. This can pose a potent threat to India.

A major geographical imbalance places many of India’s political and economic centres close to the Himalayan Ranges.

Siliguri Corridor places India in a delicate position if there is uncertainty in the area.

Contrarily, almost all of China’s economic and political centres of gravity are in Eastern China though Tibet certainly is a sensitive region.

China has carried out major improvements in her logistical infrastructure in areas to support operations inside India.

The possibility of Chinese gaining a strategic surprise against India are indeed low, with fair bit of warning time available to India.

China is unlikely to embark on any major adventure to disturb the status-quo along the border in the near to mid-term future, unless events spiral out of control.

Indians feel that the Chinese would be able to deploy about 33 Divisions against them which indeed is a potent threat.

The Indians feel that as Chinese and Indian interests clash, Chinese may enhance military presence and may initiate support to insurgent groups in disputed areas.

The Chinese could also use Burmese territory to extend threat and may use Bay of Bengal for limited projection of power.

India is likely to follow a strategy of dissuasive defence. However, as dissuasion being a comparatively weaker option, it will be coupled with strategic offensive capability having a potent deterrence.

Indians are putting due emphasis on improved logistics infrastructure while reducing the teeth to tail ratio.

To gain appropriate warning time, India is enhancing its integrated surveillance capability linked with satellite based surveillance. Improved intelligence acquisition capability in particular collusion with Americans and allied Western nations.

Back
Top Bottom