India’s $4 bn howitzer gun buying spree: Why Russia may not have an edge

What about these?

Ashok Leyland JV with KMW for DONAR

dsc03212yn.jpg

BEML JV with Konstrukta Defense for SPGH ARZU on the Arjun Chassis

dsc02624i.jpg

Proposed wheeled SPG variant of the K9 at DefExpo 08

17022008119lx1.jpg

You seems to be peaceful person actually 1st Such person from India i ever saw……
I appreciate your way of replying……:tup:
well About artillary I have nothing to do with IA as I don't have any knowledge about the way of their pronouncement and slection but yeah IA artillary is quite old and needed to be replaced but 2-3 billion dollars purchases at a time, its hard for neighbours to stand by when such huge deals are done by a country well a big country having big needs……:coffee:

your point is correct,but over half of them are currently have the sole purpose of deployment over indo-china border. and as I have said in other threads, most Indian don't consider pak to be enemy

u gotta be surprise ,we have a good fan base for ur cricket legend wasim akram n waqur yonus .
let's compete in economic field rather then arms,:cheers:

Well we need 1000 tops/howitzers and others gun. our all old fleet need to be scraped and since last 30 yrs India didnot purchased gun. so there is need to change the same.

more over also need to change no of weapons, vehicles which are yrs. old and need to be scraped. M 777 is better than boforce and even boforce need to be added. new boforce is better than old and now Boforce have no old management and owners.

...To me it all looks like...'ek scandal aour kar lene do before we loose the next election' by congress....

your point is correct,but over half of them are currently have the sole purpose of deployment over indo-china border. and as I have said in other threads, most Indian don't consider pak to be enemy

u gotta be surprise ,we have a good fan base for ur cricket legend wasim akram n waqur yonus .
let's compete in economic field rather then arms,:cheers:
well soory to say that according to recent Australian report 95% Indians consider Pakistan a threat..........
and things can't be better before solution of word K...

well soory to say that according to recent Australian report 95% Indians consider Pakistan a threat..........
and things can't be better before solution of word K...

bhajan, yahi to politics hai,hota kuch he aur khete he kuch.kitna cities me survey kiya hoga unhone? 5? 10? plus sahi bol raha hai kya saboot he?
at least in eastern India,there is very little hatred.

can't agree with k ...
k not ok ;)

You seems to be peaceful person actually 1st Such person from India i ever saw……
I appreciate your way of replying……:tup:
well About artillary I have nothing to do with IA as I don't have any knowledge about the way of their pronouncement and slection but yeah IA artillary is quite old and needed to be replaced but 2-3 billion dollars purchases at a time, its hard for neighbours to stand by when such huge deals are done by a country well a big country having big needs……:coffee:
Sir, this 4-6 Billion USD being spent on arty by 2017-22 is just part of a much larger modernisation scheme for the entire IA wherein every arm will be replacing or upgrading existing kit.

I, personally, do not see this as alarming for India's neighbours in anyway. China has been Pershing similar modernisation efforts for the past decade or so and India has always had the conventional edge on Pakistan so this modernisation effort is not going to change the status quo that has existed for 6+ decades.

China will probably not bat any eyelid whilst Pakistan can do little to counter this effort by the IA due to its own precarious economic situation.

Most of these IA modernsiation efforts are long,LONG overdue so there is simply no need for anyone to see this as anything more than the IA getting to where it has always needed to be.

bhajan, yahi to politics hai,hota kuch he aur khete he kuch.kitna cities me survey kiya hoga unhone? 5? 10? plus sahi bol raha hai kya saboot he?
at least in eastern India,there is very little hatred.

can't agree with k ...
k not ok ;)

Things can change soon worst after US departure from Afghanistan..............
Much problems would be in Kashmir are are starting even now that will tense Indo-Pak relation much more than of 2008 or 2001.
Don't know wht politicians can't see change in atmosphere.....:cuckoo:

Sir, this 4-6 Billion USD being spent on arty by 2017-22 is just part of a much larger modernisation scheme for the entire IA wherein every arm will be replacing or upgrading existing kit.

I, personally, do not see this as alarming for India's neighbours in anyway. China has been Pershing similar modernisation efforts for the past decade or so and India has always had the conventional edge on Pakistan so this modernisation effort is not going to change the status quo that has existed for 6+ decades.

China will probably not bat any eyelid whilst Pakistan can do little to counter this effort by the IA due to its own precarious economic situation.

Most of these IA modernsiation efforts are long,LONG overdue so there is simply no need for anyone to see this as anything more than the IA getting to where it has always needed to be.

It's not just artillary.......
Nuke subs,ICBM(yeah i know they aren't for pak),Heavy Naval build up,AirForce induction of SU-30MKI and them Maybe Rafael...
Especially Rafael would built massive pressure on PAF......
Well ok not my concern let Armed Forces be worried.. :D

Things can change soon worst after US departure from Afghanistan..............
Much problems would be in Kashmir are are starting even now that will tense Indo-Pak relation much more than of 2008 or 2001.
Don't know wht politicians can't see change in atmosphere.....:cuckoo:

It's not just artillary.......
Nuke subs,ICBM(yeah i know they aren't for pak),Heavy Naval build up,AirForce induction of SU-30MKI and them Maybe Rafael...
Especially Rafael would built massive pressure on PAF......
Well ok not my concern let Armed Forces be worried.. :D

well I am not commenting on Kashmir, but afgan, I think instead of worrying GOP shud try to seize the opportunity of having a good economic relationship. opium destruction related activities will bring accolades for pak army. maybe cooperation among Indo pak activities eases the tension to a record low:something pak really need for economic surge
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom