What's new

India, Russia to sign S-400 missile deal this week: Kremlin

You forgot to add that few days back they auctioned few cars and sold 8 buffalos.
Maybe we should have donated a Buffalo or two to your starving soldiers.

maxresdefault.jpg

If they knew the systems inside out, they would be building it, NOT buying it wholesale. Apply your mind 69.

Should tell it to your own govt. They bought 12 (?) of these systems. Anyway all countries in potential conflict situations are giving a serious thoughts to above scenario covering all possible ways. AI included.

I know PLA bought S-400 as well. My statement is not aimed at India alone. Do not assume it is. It clearly says unfortunately for all of us. But yes all of us know about the new threat developed for countering S-400 and other SAMs and they are probably all rushing to development countermeasures of their own.

No worries for Pak,

They are getting 10 billion from saudis, 15-20 billion from germany, 100 billion from china, 10 billion from russia and 10 billion from world bank, and disclosed billions from kuwait. Plus, 270 billion of international money that has moved out of pakistan.

By the end of the year, pakistan will be a 1 trillion USD economy.
Bhai kaunsa nasha karte ho aap.

I know PLA bought S-400 as well. My statement is not aimed at India alone. Do not assume it is. It clearly says unfortunately for all of us. But yes all of us know about the new threat developed for countering S-400 and other SAMs and they are probably all rushing to development countermeasures of their own.
Curious, why did you choose the username “serenity”? Is it cause of Firefly?

Because it's what I need :)

Who's Firefly?
Firefly is a sci-fi tv show from the early 2000s with a cult following. “Serenity” is a movie about the same and also the name of the space ship the story uses.

Cheers!

Firefly is a sci-fi tv show from the early 2000s with a cult following. “Serenity” is a movie about the same and also the name of the space ship the story uses.

Cheers!

Ahhh I see.

On topic - India receiving S-400 is yet another export win for Almaz. These things are starting to sell and proliferate around the world, only giving the US more reason to figure out ways to overcome it. On goes that little arms race I suppose. I think China will indigenise the S-400 and make navy version of it for new destroyers. I wonder if India will apply the technology and improve their own SAM industry from lessons learned. It would be a wasted opportunity not to, even if India doesn't copy it completely.

I think China will indigenise the S-400 and make navy version of it for new destroyers
It is impossible. We have better choices already (HQ-9B/C, HQ-19, and HQ-26).
Because we have bought too many S-300, they have to be upgraded by S-400.

Last edited:
And, Turkey has also deployed the deterrent - ASELSAN KORAL EW system - in the Syrian border since 2015. It was in response to the Russian initiative to deploy S-400 following the Turkey-Russia crisis over the downed a/c. Even the US folks have admitted that it's a very powerful and capable system, and it's much above their expectations!!! Five such systems have been delivered to the TuAF for the deployment at the field after more than a thousand tests in the real war-like situation with a success rate above expectations. I am pretty sure Pak folks are having a thorough look at this system...

Pak security is also Turkey's security - Prof. Dr. Ahmet Davut'olu, former Turkish PM and FM

th
Impressive stuff.

However:

"Koral is a ground-based EW system, and in order to effectively counter surface-to-air missiles, especially the kind of missiles that the S-400 uses – missiles that are specifically designed to withstand enemy electronic countermeasures – you need air-based EW systems," Mikheev told media. "You need the analogues of our Rychag or Khibiny systems, and Turkey has nothing of that kind. Obviously, the US has such systems, but it doesn’t export that kind of equipment even to its NATO allies."

Source: https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201512021031139763-turkey-russia-electronic-warfare/

US have enormous resources at its disposal; it can do virtually anything.

In case of Pakistan, every asset is valuable and every shot counts.

We cannot underestimate S-400. This would be a fatal mistake on our part.

I see S-400 as a destabilizing element in South Asian strategic balance context. Not a good development.

Russian President Vladimir Putin arrives in India today. He is likely to sign 20 agreements and will meet PM Modi tomorrow. Follow LIVE UPDATES

19:09 (IST)04 OCT 2018

Russian President Vladimir Putin arrives in India on a two-day visit
Russian President Vladimir Putin has arrived in New Delhi on a two-day visit to India. He landed at Air Force Station Palam. The Russian premiere will hold bilateral summit with PM Narendra Modi on Friday.

Your PM is visiting with a begging bowl and you are telling us to donate.
You need to change your brand of cow cola since our PM has never left the country since assuming office.

Use that stolen wallet to buy yourself a donkey. I have heard you eat that thing. :woot:
Did you type this while chewing on your daily diet of Cow dung. :D

Back
Top Bottom