What's new

India, Russia to develop missiles having speed of 6,000 kmph

Those members who r worried abut range...

Saurya Missile has stuff even brahmos may feel jealous...

Who knows we may even have Hypersonic Shaurya.. Too.

WE ARE BENEFITTING FROM SHARED TECHNOLOGIES.
and Logically India will develop Larger Range Missile sooner or later with Hypersonic capability...

But i have read every where that Shaurya is a hybrid missile, i.e. it is a hypersonic missile. In wiki it says that within minutes it achieved Mach5 and was rolling over to spread the heat evenly?? Why do u say that we "may" have??

But i have read every where that Shaurya is a hybrid missile, i.e. it is a hypersonic missile. In wiki it says that within minutes it achieved Mach5 and was rolling over to spread the heat evenly?? Why do u say that we "may" have??

You're right, the Shaurya is hypersonic (and long-range too).

The Shaurya is truly a fearsome weapon. :cheers:

New Delhi: The country’s top defence scientist has, for the first time, revealed that India’s new Shaurya missile, is specially designed to be fired from Indian submarines and could form the crucial third leg of India’s nuclear deterrent.

http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3634496

can anyone clarify....does the Shaurya and Brahmos have any parts or characteristics in common ? can we assume that ramjet propulsion techniques learned through the brahmos joint venture have already been implemented in Shaurya...?

can anyone clarify....does the Shaurya and Brahmos have any parts or characteristics in common ? can we assume that ramjet propulsion techniques learned through the brahmos joint venture have already been implemented in Shaurya...?

At least propulsion system is different. Brahmos employs ramjet, shaurya does not. We don't have ramjet tech, Russia wont part it with anybody. Shaurya achieves speed as any other ballistic missile, through rocket boosters.

India's Shaurya Missile Designed for Submarine Launch
“I would say the Shaurya is a hybrid propulsion missile”, says Saraswat. “Like a ballistic missile, it is powered by solid fuel. And, like a cruise missile, it can guide itself right up to the target.”

I wish something could be done about the 290 Km cap. That limit seriously undoes its full potential. Now imagine if we could somehow extend this to 1,000 Km. The psychological effect of that sort of a hypersonic missile stationed in Arunachal, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir as well as Andaman and Nicobar Islands would be tremendous.
Where do u think Nirbhay and Shaurya are coming from, the range of this missile cant be increased because of Russians, theey are a signatory to MTCR

At least propulsion system is different. Brahmos employs ramjet, shaurya does not. We don't have ramjet tech, Russia wont part it with anybody. Shaurya achieves speed as any other ballistic missile, through rocket boosters.

India's Shaurya Missile Designed for Submarine Launch

Why won't Russia part it with anyone? Are you saying that India would not be able to make a single Brahmos if Russia does not supply the components to build the ramjet.

If India has the know hows to make the ramjet components and then assemble it together and place it in the missile, than Russia has imparted the technology to India. If not, then India itself still lack the ability to build Brahmos. The missile should be classified as build under license instead of joint venture.

Why won't Russia part it with anyone? Are you saying that India would not be able to make a single Brahmos if Russia does not supply the components to build the ramjet.

If India has the know hows to make the ramjet components and then assemble it together and place it in the missile, than Russia has imparted the technology to India. If not, then India itself still lack the ability to build Brahmos. The missile should be classified as build under license instead of joint venture.

Buddy, Ramjet Engines are taken up as a Project work In Our Universities, Like IIT Bombay , So You dont have to say that This Technology is anymore Complex to Us..... I can Understand Your jealousy But We are Helpless about it...:coffee:

Here's another news on indian cruise missile development front.

FIRST LOOK: India's Long-Range Cruise Missile Programme

Guess_Livefist_SLIDE.jpg

The LRCM is a "super-sonic cruise missile - long range", with surface-to-surface and air-to-surface applications. An illustration on the slide indicates that the missile is being developed with a range of at least 600-km at 3.2 Mach.

indicates the development plan of the LRCM in a fair amount of detail. According to the schematics, under India's 11th Five-Year Plan (2007-2012), DRDO will complete the development of airframe integrated air intakes (see image) and controllers. These will be completed before 2012. The schematics also indicate that the engine development and engine test facilities are well underway under the 11th Plan, but will be complete under the 12th Plan, i.e, between 2012-2017. The schematics indicate that the DRDO aims for a first test firing of the Indian LRCM by 2013-14.

Apart from the airframe integrated intakes, critical technologies currently under development for the weapon system include variable nozzle system, air cooled combustor and fuel flow control system, all earmarked for the 11th Plan.

This could be the extended range fully indian "brahmos" we all were hoping for! :)

I am however, confused with respect to nirbhay!

JV means both countries are involved. The engine and seeker are Russian, navigation system is Indian. Its not entirely Russian or Indian, but a joint effort.

JV means both countries are involved. The engine and seeker are Russian, navigation system is Indian. Its not entirely Russian or Indian, but a joint effort.

The engine and seeker is Russian but all other hardwares including, guidance and control system are Indian.

No, these are absolutely different missile in type, category and range.

They don't share any part.

I have talked with Shaurya scientist in Defense Expo they were saying that Brahmos is a more of Russian missile. And their "Shaurya" is 100% Indian and they are from different group of developers and manufacturers.

Scientist were saying that they wanna make Shaurya to complement Agni series of missile and next time they will make it with 1500 kms range. Shaurya is altogether a hybrid missile with different trajectory then cruise or ballistic missile.

Here's another news on indian cruise missile development front.

FIRST LOOK: India's Long-Range Cruise Missile Programme

Guess_Livefist_SLIDE.jpg

The LRCM is a "super-sonic cruise missile - long range", with surface-to-surface and air-to-surface applications. An illustration on the slide indicates that the missile is being developed with a range of at least 600-km at 3.2 Mach.

indicates the development plan of the LRCM in a fair amount of detail. According to the schematics, under India's 11th Five-Year Plan (2007-2012), DRDO will complete the development of airframe integrated air intakes (see image) and controllers. These will be completed before 2012. The schematics also indicate that the engine development and engine test facilities are well underway under the 11th Plan, but will be complete under the 12th Plan, i.e, between 2012-2017. The schematics indicate that the DRDO aims for a first test firing of the Indian LRCM by 2013-14.

Apart from the airframe integrated intakes, critical technologies currently under development for the weapon system include variable nozzle system, air cooled combustor and fuel flow control system, all earmarked for the 11th Plan.

This could be the extended range fully indian "brahmos" we all were hoping for! :)

I am however, confused with respect to nirbhay!

This news is totally new to me. . Thanks for sharing:)

Soon Indians will wake up from their dream because the Russian won't give India the technology for free.

Soon Indians will wake up from their dream because the Russian won't give India the technology for free.

India is 50% financial contributor in this project. The control systems onboard the Brahmos is Indian.

Why dont you do some research before opening your no-facts-anti-Indian mouth?

Back
Top Bottom