What's new

India, Russia may build supercomputer to rival China's Tianhe-2

Just like you High Speed trains which are built but an average Chinese find it hard to board it because of high price ..... :lol:

You guys are really talkative. You can say "I will make myself the richest person in the world by tomorrow", and I believe you really want to be (who don't want? :-)). With a monthly salary less than $200, how can you be the richest to have $70b tomorrow?

Software ---- China started its supercomputer project in 1970's, almost as early as US and Japan
Hardware ---- China is the No.1 manufacturer in the world, US and Japan listed as No.2 and No.3
Healthware ---- $9t GDP

And top 5 fastest supercomputers are all from above 3 countries with no exception.

I really doubted where you guys got the confidence to make it.

Highspeed railway changed China fully. You need to have some more and good readings on it. Thanks.

You guys are really talkative. You can say "I will make myself the richest person in the world by tomorrow", and I believe you really want to be (who don't want? :-)). With a monthly salary less than $200, how can you be the richest to have $70b tomorrow?

Software ---- China started its supercomputer project in 1970's, almost as early as US and Japan
Hardware ---- China is the No.1 manufacturer in the world, US and Japan listed as No.2 and No.3
Healthware ---- $9t GDP

And top 5 fastest supercomputers are all from above 3 countries with no exception.

Highspeed railway changed China fully. You need to have some more and good readings on it. Thanks.

We made our first Super computer in 1990 &was Ranked fourth back in 2007

Super computers are not new for India ..... Producing hardware do not mean you have the tech to design super computer.

Super computer is a combination of software and Hradware. based on the algorithms in the software the efficiency is determined.,

You may have 33 pentaflop super computer but if the software is not good you may end up using only 1 pentaflop of the total capability.

that 9T $ is not accurate stat and CCP arrived at that figure after years of manipulation of GDP rate.

HSR changed the lives of China, But this only made Chinese to spend more there by rising the cost of living there by increasing the wages.

This inturn reduced the edge China has in manufacturing !!

Healthware ---- $9t GDP

Super computers are not new for India ..... Producing hardware do not mean you have the tech to design super computer.

:blah: What are you trying to say?

Isn't fastest supercomputer can only be designed and made by China (-2014), or US/Japan who are the strongest hardware-smith in the world?

Super computer is a combination of software and Hradware. based on the algorithms in the software the efficiency is determined.,

People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware.” ---- Steve Jobs.

By the way, computer's speed has nothing to do with software.

You may have 33 pentaflop super computer but if the software is not good you may end up using only 1 pentaflop of the total capability.

Software does not equal to coding. What behind the software is the maths, science, engineering. Most important is to build up maths module for computer to do the maths. Okay, Chinese are always the top maths scorer.

Anyway, US, Japan, China, each of theirs software industry is far bigger than India+Russia.

that 9T $ is not accurate stat and CCP arrived at that figure after years of manipulation of GDP rate.

GDP is not made by story talker. it's listed by UN, IMF,World Bank.
Data from above 3 bodies are little bit different to each other. Follow your logic, at least two of them faked the data.

In fact, China missed many domestic products to state. Like those giant entertainment, farmer's own consuming, some of army's production, etc.

Actual GDP from China ought to be bigger than what it stated as they want to maintain as a developing country to get the advantages.

HSR changed the lives of China, But this only made Chinese to spend more there by rising the cost of living there by increasing the wages.

This inturn reduced the edge China has in manufacturing !!

You are fooled by your master, really.
High living cost, means high living standard.
Low living cost, means low living standard.

You cannot minimize the living cost at cost of toilet free.

:blah: What are you trying to say?
Isn't fastest supercomputer can only be designed and made by China (-2014), or US/Japan who are the strongest hardware-smith in the world?
China still used processors of Intel, China only manufactures foreign design and just started to design its own processors. India is also moving ahead with its own design and manufacture of processors. India also manufactures some of the components like Micro controllers and other supporting chips used in Missile seekers.
People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware.” ---- Steve Jobs.
By the way, computer's speed has nothing to do with software.

You have no idea of what you are talking here !!

Software does not equal to coding. What behind the software is the maths, science, engineering. Most important is to build up maths module for computer to do the maths. Okay, Chinese are always the top maths scorer.

Anyway, US, Japan, China, each of theirs software industry is far bigger than India+Russia.

By the term Software I mean the algorithms, multitasking, parallel computing etc..etc.... first learn about software, firmware and operating systems then we can discuss this topic in detail. Indians are good in Mathematics and it is a tradition dating back to ancient times.
GDP is not made by story talker. it's listed by UN, IMF,World Bank.
Data from above 3 bodies are little bit different to each other. Follow your logic, at least two of them faked the data.

Why is there a credit crisis and infrastructure bust in China when CCP is showing GDP growth rate related stats as the real GDP??

In fact, China missed many domestic products to state. Like those giant entertainment, farmer's own consuming, some of army's production, etc.
Actual GDP from China ought to be bigger than what it stated as they want to maintain as a developing country to get the advantages.

It is actually reverse.

You are fooled by your master, really.
High living cost, means high living standard.
Low living cost, means low living standard.

You cannot minimize the living cost at cost of toilet free.

We do not have a master here we decide whom should rule India by voting, You people live in a constant fear of your authorities, here it is reverse the leaders live in constant fear of media and public outrage.

Last edited:
China still used processors of Intel, China only manufactures foreign design and just started to design its own processors. India is also moving ahead with its own design and manufacture of processors. India also manufactures some of the components like Micro controllers and other supporting chips used in Missile seekers.
Yes, core processor made in USA, controller chip from China, two biggest manufacturer in the world.
You have the ability to make a ball, does not mean you would kick it well.
US has the ability to made the processor, but don't have the ability to make it faster than China.

Did I make myself clear?

By the term Software I mean the algorithms, multitasking, parallel computing etc..etc.... first learn about software, firmware and operating systems then we can discuss this topic in detail. Indians are good in Mathematics and it is a tradition dating back to ancient times.

You said you invent 0.
Later it discovered it's not.

Why is there a credit crisis and infrastructure bust in China when CCP is showing GDP growth rate related stats as the real GDP??

You are making story and don't know what story you are making yourself.

It is actually reverse.
Refer above.

We do not have a master here we decide whom should rule India by voting, You people live in a constant fear of your authorities here it is reverse the leaders live in constant fear of media and public outrage.
You're living in Mars, too long to come to earth ---- more than 100 million happy Chinese went to overseas for vacation tour every year.

China is also the No.1 visited country by international tourist arrivals in Asia ---- It's not India. Women feared to go.

Yes, core processor made in USA, controller chip from China, two biggest manufacturer in the world.
You have the ability to make a ball, does not mean you would kick it well.
US has the ability to made the processor, but don't have the ability to make it faster than China.

It is the super computer which is the present version that beat USA that do not mean USA will stop coming with advanced super computers in the near future. They are at a different level ..... no comparison at all.

You said you invent 0.
Later it discovered it's not.
Zero and Infinity are the concepts originated in India. No debate on that there are enough evidences.
You are making story and don't know what story you are making yourself.

Refer above.
Type china and credit you will get 10's of articles about manipulated GDP growth rate.

You're living in Mars, too long to come to earth ---- more than 100 million happy Chinese went to overseas for vacation tour every year.

China is also the No.1 visited country by international tourist arrivals in Asia ---- It's not India. Women feared to go.

The same wealthy Chinese are leaving China after accumulation wealth in search of a better lands. There is a famous name for a corrupt CCP official who is ready to leave china after amassing the wealth and shifting it abroad along with his family called "the naked man".

A people who have a full century of shame even talking about insults...
The century of humuliation is coined by Chinese so there is no shame, but a certain south asian group who claim greatness but only through myths and revisionist history should feel shameful.

Healthware ---- $9t GDP

railway is one thing but most people are afraid to say it, but East Asians generally have a higher average IQ than darker skinned people.

Last edited:
You think we will be standing still the whole time? :P

Tianhe-2 is only the beginning, we are building up momentum to go much much further.
it is only about funding. The collaborations means funding only. Technology is not the issue.

china, to date, has built supercomputers (petaflop+) using american processors and chinese interconnect, and they have built supercomputers using chinese processors and american interconnects, and they have built supercomputers with mixed american processor-chinese coprocessor with both chinese and american interconnects. clearly china is able to put two and two together and build a supercomputer using chinese processor and interconnect, they just haven't yet gotten around to it. so obviously if the question is, could the chinese do it on its own? the answer is a clear yes. but you have to considered other aspects rather than just pure capability. for instance: efficiency, why use chinese processor if the americans ones provides a much better electrical efficiency? costs, we could built 200 t-flops supercomputer tomorrow but it might costs 100 billion(random numbers here, but you get the point) and another billion a month in electrical costs. so the top performers are a much a measure of national wealth and will as technical capability, after all most supercomputers are off the shelf intel/amd/cray/ibm parts. anyone with enough money and will can essentially be number 1. but beyond that title, there are simply only a handful of country able to build one using only their products and recently china has joined that list despite its chips being mostly inferior to american products.

the other very important part is of course, the software, much less is known about this than the hardware each country possesses.

and for the guy who thinks china made up the 9 trillion gdp number. you are clearly delusional and in denial. while 9 trillion may not be exact, every single major financial organization, east to west, north to south, from the bloomberg to oced to the cia agrees with that number. so unless the entire world is in a giant conspiracy against you, ~9 trillion is what we should use.

china, to date, has built supercomputers (petaflop+) using american processors and chinese interconnect, and they have built supercomputers using chinese processors and american interconnects, and they have built supercomputers with mixed american processor-chinese coprocessor with both chinese and american interconnects. clearly china is able to put two and two together and build a supercomputer using chinese processor and interconnect, they just haven't yet gotten around to it. so obviously if the question is, could the chinese do it on its own? the answer is a clear yes. but you have to considered other aspects rather than just pure capability. for instance: efficiency, why use chinese processor if the americans ones provides a much better electrical efficiency? costs, we could built 200 t-flops supercomputer tomorrow but it might costs 100 billion(random numbers here, but you get the point) and another billion a month in electrical costs. so the top performers are a much a measure of national wealth and will as technical capability, after all most supercomputers are off the shelf intel/amd/cray/ibm parts. anyone with enough money and will can essentially be number 1. but beyond that title, there are simply only a handful of country able to build one using only their products and recently china has joined that list despite its chips being mostly inferior to american products.

the other very important part is of course, the software, much less is known about this than the hardware each country possesses.

and for the guy who thinks china made up the 9 trillion gdp number. you are clearly delusional and in denial. while 9 trillion may not be exact, every single major financial organization, east to west, north to south, from the bloomberg to oced to the cia agrees with that number. so unless the entire world is in a giant conspiracy against you, ~9 trillion is what we should use.

You are damn right the Chinese are very intelligent and good at computing tech.
When I was working on Univac 1100 (you can google it if you don't know what it is) in the 70's, the one other country which can improve upon the TIP (look it up) was China. Those Chinese programmers were able to write better and tighter codes than their US counterpart.

You are damn right the Chinese are very intelligent and good at computing tech.
When I was working on Univac 1100 (you can google it if you don't know what it is) in the 70's, the one other country which can improve upon the TIP (look it up) was China. Those Chinese programmers were able to write better and tighter codes than their US counterpart.

Long time didn't see ya trolling ? :cheesy:

Welcome back :D

Back
Top Bottom