What's new

India, Russia ink S-400 missile system deal

Indian diplomats and govt has done a great job in balancing relations with both US and Russia. GoI should seriously concentrate on improving the economy, infrastructure and allocate more resources to develop indigenous weapons systems by extensively partnering private Indian defense firms

Yes but India will be under USA sanctions I read on CNN. Lol. :lol:

Only if it was so easy.
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www....-response-after-sanctions-threat-1900007.html

Well may be no sanction!

Haha, According to CNN, India is at risk for sanctions.

And it is no opinion or editorial piece as an Indian previously lied about.

India may face sanctions if it buys Russia's S-400 missiles: US
US might not offer waiver to India if it buys S-400 missile system from Russia, Pentagon official says.

30 Aug 2018

ba892771739c49da9d94010731fd2bf9_18.jpg

The Russian S-400 missile system India is planning to buy is considered one of the best in existence [Vasily Fedosenko/Reuters]
MORE ON INDIA
The United States cannot guarantee Indiawill be exempt from sanctions if it purchases weapons and defence systems from Russia, a top Pentagon official said.

Randall Schriver, the Pentagon's top Asia official, called into question on Wednesday the idea that the US would protect its relationship with India and that it will be insulated from any fallout if the purchase happens.

"I would say that is a bit misleading. We would still have very significant concerns if India pursued major new platforms and systems (from Russia)," Schriver said at a think-tank event, according to Reuters news agency.

The US has imposed sanctions on Russia for its annexation of the Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea, which means any country that engages in defence or intelligence sharing with Russia could also be subject to sanctions.

"I can't sit here and tell you that they would be exempt, that we would use that waiver, that will be the decision of the president if he is faced with a major new platform and capability that India has acquired from Russia," Shriver added.

The waivers would be possible according to a new US defence bill, which gives President Donald Trump the authority to exempt countries.

Despite Secretary of Defense James Mattis saying he is a strong proponent of granting waivers to India, Schriver said that Trump having the ability to apply these waivers did not automatically mean he would.

India is in the final stages of acquiring S-400 long-range surface to air missile systems from Russia, a deal worth $6bn.

OPINION
quote.png
Why Turkey might buy Russia's S-400 defence system

by Can Kasapoglu
The agreement is expected to be signed by Russia later this year.

The acquisition of the S-400 system would be the latest in a long series of Indian defence purchases, as the country has previously bought combat planes, ships and submarines from Russia.

Schriver stated that the US is concerned about this planned purchase, and is willing to talk to India about potential alternatives to the Russian missile system.

State-of-the-art missile system
India is not the only country buying the state-of-the-art system from Russia.

Other countries such as China, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar have all bought or are planning to buy the anti-aircraft missile weapon.

US military officials and politicians have also expressed concerns over Turkey's intention to buy the Russian missile system.

READ MORE
Saudi threatens military action against Qatar over S-400: report
In June, Saudi Arabia said it would consider "all necessary measures" if Qatar closes the deal with Russia.

Despite these threats, Russia has said the supply of the missiles to Qatar will continue, with Qatar's Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani saying acquiring the system is a "sovereign" decision.

The S-400 missile system is a state-of-the-art weapons platform with a maximum range of 400km, considered one of the best defence systems in existence.

SOURCE: AL JAZEERA NEWS

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018...buys-russia-400-missiles-180830083608701.html

India may get USA sanctions on RT

All of a sudden America is Pakistan's BFF once again. Spineless and gutless are the words that come to mind.

A single nuke detonated in upper atmosphere will cripple the entire s400 system due to emf, without inflicting any direct human casualties.

Someone should make a list of the countermeasures that Pakistanis are coming with. Such military genius, why didn't Russia think of these when designing the S-400 and why didn't China consider such counter measures before buying the S-400. :lol:

If all goes according to plan, Indian S-400 will be operational in next few years.
Just like to add another aspect.
Pakistan successfully conducted the test of it's Ababeel MIRV capable missile some two years earlier.....next.

c27ntamwqaeun6n-jpg.371448

Good Luck. :enjoy:

That is a sh!tty Indian source. Let's wait and hear from the Americans themselves.

If true, the Americans are the biggest cvnts alive. LOL at their fake sanction threats.
But realistically america doesnt have foreign policy. You sleep on one agenda and wake up to another

All of a sudden America is Pakistan's BFF once again. Spineless and gutless are the words that come to mind.

Someone should make a list of the countermeasures that Pakistanis are coming with. Such military genius, why didn't Russia think of these when designing the S-400 and why didn't China consider such counter measures before buying the S-400. :lol:
Hitler also considered his army as invincible, and this is just one example out of thousands.

I think you will find...
1. Like the rafale deal ... this will take a long time and may ultimatly be cancelled.
2. Pakistan isnt asleep as your air chef keeps saying. Drones galore to keep your air defences busy.
3. Our stand off weapons will give you a good wakeup call to.
4. Best not to indulge in war just to win an election. As pakistan may start to target the homes of the bjp goons who will be leading the average indian soldier tk his death after hunger in the mountains

Yawn yawn...lol.

Of course you are at liberty to spew your fantasy on PDF. On the other hand, it's your PM who ran to US, it was your soldiers who got blown to smithereens the last time we met. Do not make loud claims abt Pak targeting BJP...lol makes me laugh. As if we can't retaliate with our weapons.

Tag your troll friends and circle jerk. Do not BS to me.

Hey buddy I heard the Indian economy has not been doing well lately. I wouldn't get too excited.

It doesn't mean we that are doing worst either. It's just a part of the bumpy road that we have to cross occasionally. No gonna affect much, just wait and watch. :-)

It doesn't mean we that are doing worst either. It's just a part of the bumpy road that we have to cross occasionally. No gonna affect much, just wait and watch. :-)
Even in such economic crisis, India is able to afford S-400 while here Pakistan is still thinking where to get next bailout.

Yawn yawn...lol.

Of course you are at liberty to spew your fantasy on PDF. On the other hand, it's your PM who ran to US, it was your soldiers who got blown to smithereens the last time we met. Do not make loud claims abt Pak targeting BJP...lol makes me laugh. As if we can't retaliate with our weapons.

Tag your troll friends and circle jerk. Do not BS to me.

Got you tejas.....yawn
Got you rafales....yawn
Got your s400....yawn

All operational.... yawn
Lets party and rape someone......yawn yawn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom