What's new

India Rejects Pak Proposal to relocate Heavy Artillery away from LoC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the actual proposal (and this applies to both the media and some posters) would be useful in understanding what exactly is being proposed, and it is not 'demilitirization':

“We (Pakistan) have proposed to redeploy artillery and mortar 30 kilometres away from the LoC,” said the official, who asked to remain anonymous.

The proposal is to relocate artillery and mortars - one would think Indians would love this particular proposal, since their frequent complaint has been that the PA uses artillery and mortar barrages to 'provide cover for insurgent infiltration'.

This proposal would have little to no impact on the cross-LOC movement of insurgents or events like Kargil/Siachen taking place again.

Reading the actual proposal (and this applies to both the media and some posters) would be useful in understanding what exactly is being proposed, and it is not 'demilitirization':

“We (Pakistan) have proposed to redeploy artillery and mortar 30 kilometres away from the LoC,” said the official, who asked to remain anonymous.

The proposal is to relocate artillery and mortars - one would think Indians would love this particular proposal, since their frequent complaint has been that the PA uses artillery and mortar barrages to 'provide cover for insurgent infiltration'.

This proposal would have little to no impact on the cross-LOC movement of insurgents or events like Kargil/Siachen taking place again.

Oh the irony......

As for the proposal, the Pakistanis must be mad for suggesting such a move with the sheer level of heavy artillery India has there.

Oh the irony......

As for the proposal, the Pakistanis must be mad for suggesting such a move with the sheer level of heavy artillery India has there.
But re-deployment would be on both sides, so both India and Pakistan would end up re-deploying their heavy artillery away from the LoC ...

But re-deployment would be on both sides, so both India and Pakistan would end up re-deploying their heavy artillery away from the LoC ...

Not in another decade, this will pave the way for another Kargil. And as before that'll be again blamed on non-state actors.

So....:wave:

Not happening.

Gen V.K. Singh is quite a hardliner and I like him that way.

Not in another decade, this will pave the way for another Kargil.

Actually understanding the proposal would help.

The proposal is for a redeployment of heavy artillery, not 'demilitarization'.

Kargil occurred because the area was unmanned at the time it was taken over - the presence, or lack of, heavy artillery would have no impact and will have no impact on events such as Kargil 'occurring again'.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Not happening.

Gen V.K. Singh is quite a hardliner and I like him that way.
He would be an incompetent fool as well as a hardliner to reject the proposal out of hand, as many Indians on this thread appear to be doing, since there would be little to no impact on insurgent activity from the re-deployment of heavy artillery alone - but in any case, India's choice.

It is a CBM, it makes no difference to Pakistan from a security perspective, IMO.

For Pakistan, its a question of national security. You don't need any such moves.

good development in theory at least...
pasia bachao...garibi hatao...tamasha khatam karo.

look at your guys posts and then ours posts dear . tum log hi ho jo agy nhi jana chahty . its proposal of removal heavy guns and artillery which india never use against cross border but with pak army . its very nice idea for remove heavy weapons and keep light there . issue is trust .and trust break by those whom don't wanna see peace . still if you guys willing to stay as it is we have no problem bring more guns on LOC and bring nukes too :hitwall:

The military on both sides loves their respective toys too much to allow this.. Would be good if a workable option can be found, but given the history, I am a little skeptic of its success..

The military on both sides loves their respective toys too much to allow this.. Would be good if a workable option can be found, but given the history, I am a little skeptic of its success..

history can be changed lolz BTW they can use light weapons rpgs and LMG HMGs its more then enough to stop anyone try to cross. i have fair now there will be some more shitty act by some idiots and we will seen soon more artilliry then ever will be on LOC . mark it :D

He would be an incompetent fool as well as a hardliner to reject the proposal out of hand, as many Indians on this thread appear to be doing, since there would be little to no impact on insurgent activity from the re-deployment of heavy artillery alone - but in any case, India's choice.

It is a CBM, it makes no difference to Pakistan from a security perspective, IMO.

Who cares about CBM ?

India should actively engage Pakistan in a strangulating arms race - what the US did to USSR.

Your post is based on the assumption that both India and Pakistan have equal resources there to continue.Wrong.

The very fact Pakistan has mooted this shows something is uneasy with them. Let that continue :)

p.s.: I am not a great fan of Aman ki Tamasha.

Who cares about CBM ?

India should actively engage Pakistan in a strangulating arms race - what the US did to USSR.

Your post is based on the assumption that both India and Pakistan have equal resources there to continue.Wrong.

The very fact Pakistan has mooted this shows something is uneasy with them. Let that continue :)

p.s.: I am not a great fan of Aman ki Tamasha.
My post is based on no assumptions along the lines of what you mention - I merely pointed out that the re-deployment of heavy artillery from the LoC makes little difference from a military perspective, in terms of controlling insurgent movement and preventing events like Kargil or Siachen from occurring.

In the absence of redeployment, the artillery will remain where it is, and the cost does not escalate for Pakistan by leaving it where it is, rather than 30KM away.

But if you want to cling to delusions about artillery redeployment 'bankrupting Pakistan', please continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom