What's new

India Rejects 'Exit' Strategy for Afghanistan

Actually we need to go back to 1985-86 time frame when Russian Commies showed the world how to control Afghanistan. Not govern it, no no
just keep it under the thumb. That's all

Russian approach strenghts: Very small footprint (10-15 k troops), Use helicopter gunship + troop carriers and have fighter bombers overhead
Russian weakness: another super power USA gave the anti-dote to Muj in the form of stingers

Fast forward to 2001

Americans used the same

GW used the exact same method and kept Talibarbarians on the run
However Prez Obama in order to upend GW, ended up deploying needelessly 100K+ troops.

This was utter $tupidity. Afgh is not Iraq. Geography history and sociology is TOTALLY different. There was no need to do surge. Never.

Afghanistan is not a country to occupy and civilized.

No Siree

It is a country to be "managed" to the minimal extent

So if Prez Obama is willing to learn from history, then he will continue to manage it using 10-15k troops .

However if he is in a hurry to declare victory but accept defeat, he will pull out

It all depends on how USA/NATO manage Afgh later this year and beyond

My hunch is that they will continue to manage.

peace
No matter who is in afghanistan......either it is USA or USSR.......... they are not here for good, they will try to use afghanistan as base camp. and in that case regional powersincluding russia and china specially pakistan will not stand away watching the scene from their windows....... they will climb in the battle field and repeat the history of USSR as it is happening now... so my conclusion is no matter how USA will try to manage it they will have a weakness and that weakness is the thought in afghans that forigners have attacked them, this will be a horror dream for any invaders, as they will be used again and again...... so i think better is to educate them and remove that honour of defeating the 2 superpowers in the past because they will then search for an enemy for war, and they will fight eachother or pakistan..... but pakistan has a trump card that is taliban so pakistan is to some extent safe, but they will then try to go to old soveit states and kashmir and palestain....so the best option for everyone including pakistan is that try to educate them or impose intense phscycological war on them..... ans other points that i raised

Rawalpindi actually.
:D

India just wants to make sure that Afghanistan doesn't return to the chaos it experienced in 1990s.

We both know that many nations stand to lose if this happens.

Terrain plays crucial role in war,

Can the same Talibanis fight US in open grounds? No.

I am not denying that they are good gorilla fighters, but we have to take all factors into consideration.

Biggest example for my theory is Mujahids failing to achieve their aim in Kashmir in 1990s; remember these same mujahids fought Soviet forces fiercely in Afghanistan.
no mate, no need to get emotional, somebody fight gorilla war because he cannot afford a conventional war.... if gorilla war is fought like conventional war, then why it will be called gorilla war...........and yes, in conventional war they cannot defeat even somalian army........but everybody has it,s own ways..........

Last edited:
No matter who is in afghanistan......either it is USA or USSR.......... they are not here for good, they will try to use afghanistan as base camp. .

Weak states become fair game for everyone

Afghanistan was a "base camp" for Qaida goons

Now it is for NATO

Pakistanis have two choices

Either fight NATO and thus support anti-NATO war lords and Qaida goons, but in the process fork our own economy

Or

work with NATO, and thus stop anti-NATO war lords and Qaida goons
and in the process improve our economy

You my bro seems like support option #1 for Pakistan

and thus our own death and destruction and poverty

sadly

Weak states become fair game for everyone

Afghanistan was a "base camp" for Qaida goons

Now it is for NATO

Pakistanis have two choices

Either fight NATO and thus support anti-NATO war lords and Qaida goons, but in the process fork our own economy

Or

work with NATO, and thus stop anti-NATO war lords and Qaida goons
and in the process improve our economy

You my bro seems like support option #1 for Pakistan

and thus our own death and destruction and poverty

sadly
i agree with you, but the problem is, do you really think that nato and usa are here just to ciunter taliban and alqaeda.....they are trying their best to destablize pakistan by supporting ttp, and in my point of view their ultimate goal is a very broad agenda, but for pakistan, is engaging pakistan to terrorism to make us so weak that we cannot just respond india eyeball to eyeball. But keep our nuclear power alive so that they can use us to threaten india,and use india against china. AS china will not take significant notice of india if india will be engaged with pakistan nor india will be able o divert it,s most of the resources against china..

i agree with you, but the problem is, do you really think that nato and usa are here just to ciunter taliban and alqaeda.....they are trying their best to destablize pakistan by supporting ttp, .

NATO supporting TTP is a misinformation spread mostly by leftists in Pakistan

Tell me

when JI Munawwar, or PTI or Ch Nisar call TTP top terrorist as Shaheed

Are they doing so on behest of NATO?

Why do we have to insert conspiracy theory in everything

You think sun rises from East because USA wants it to?

or Moon on 14th is full because NaTO told it to be?

There are a lot of phenomoneons areound us that do not need a conspiracy a sazish to explain it

TTP is one such thing

it is collection of tribals and Islamists who do not like governments.

Be them Pakistani or Afghanistani or Irani or Indian

They just do not like governments

That's all

And they survive in Pakistan because all big name parties deal with them in kid gloves

NATO doesn't tell Jamat Islami to support TTP, then why do JI support TTP?
NATO doesn't tell Mullah Diesel to support TTP
NATO doesn't tell PML-N to support TTP
NATO doesn't tell PTI to support TTP

Then why on earth you are among the conspiracy theorists that NATO tells TTP what to do

By extension the same TTP goons cross over and kill a NATO solider so that action is indirectly supported by NATO

See how your theory if used can go on in circles for ever and ever like Shaitan ki aaant?

Back
Top Bottom