What's new

India rejects China’s maritime invite

Hindutvadi

BANNED
Reaction score
India boycotted a multi-nation maritime meet hosted by China last month — the latest fallout of Beijing denying visa to an Indian general in July this year. In an assertive move, Indian Coast Guard chief vice-admiral Anil Chopra turned down China\'s invitation to attend the annual Heads of Asian Coast Guard Agencies Meeting held in Shanghai in the third week of October.

South Block sources said it made no sense sending Chopra for the summit in view of China\'s provocative stance on Kashmir and denial of visa to the general. Military contact between both nations has been stuck in a logjam since July when Beijing refused to host northern army commander Lt. Gen BS Jaswal, as his jurisdiction spanned Jammu and Kashmir.

Jaswal was to head a military delegation to China for an annual defence dialogue, hosted alternatively by the two countries to review progress in defence exchanges.

The dialogue forms part of an MoU signed by the two countries in May 2006 to enhance military engagement through a broad spectrum of initiatives.

India rejects China?s maritime invite - Hindustan Times

on the face of it, I think GOI should not have rejected it. We are essentially holding our relations with china hostage on a single issue. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

on the face of it, I think GOI should not have rejected it. We are essentially holding our relations with china hostage on a single issue. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

No Abhi --- it makes perfect sense. When one General was refused a visa for a BS of a reason, I dont think it is becoming of another Equivalent Service personal to go there.

Like it or not, without engaging India you will not have influence on the activities in the IOR unless of course you are the USN.Till China reaches that level we can sit back to use our leverage on the IOR.

@karthik sri
yes v should be stern on what we say
but complete breakup of military ties is not the way forward
especialy a coastgaurd meet is meant for security of all nations
v can keep our restrictions on bilateral ones
i believe a controlled approach is the way forward which doest create any rift.

@karthik sri
yes v should be stern on what we say
but complete breakup of military ties is not the way forward
especialy a coastgaurd meet is meant for security of all nations
v can keep our restrictions on bilateral ones
i believe a controlled approach is the way forward which doest create any rift.

I agree --- but should we grovel before them thinking in that way.

These are all little signs that firmly say "Take your antics elsewhere - we are not amused"

For all the bon-homie that members say about the what a potential Sino-Indian co-operation can do, I for one firmly believe we should milk the USA cow as much as it is worth playing on their China fears without getting overtly belligerant.

we should have attended it....but if they did it against the general on the basis of kashmir...we should do the same with their generals who are posted in tibet... if they show problem with kashmir we should reflect the same on tibet...but we can do the rest of mainland china military engagements...

we should have attended it....but if they did it against the general on the basis of kashmir...we should do the same with their generals who are posted in tibet... if they show problem with kashmir we should reflect the same on tibet...but we can do the rest of mainland china military engagements...

No --- India has already recognised Tibet as an integral part of Cihina :hitwall:

No --- India has already recognised Tibet as an integral part of China :hitwall:

Who is to say that this recognition cannot be taken away. If China has played games in the past with issues like Sikkim and Kashmir....then we should stand firm. (Timmy P.- livefest)

Abi, you can continue exercises but it doesn't solve the core problems. What the Coast Guard and Navy has done is a god move. It places emphasis on an issue that needs to be solved immediately. By doing so it shows the importance that you attach to such issues.

Remember state policy can always be amended....as long as there is a good reason to do so.

Who is to say that this recognition cannot be taken away. If China has played games in the past with issues like Sikkim and Kashmir....then we should stand firm. (Timmy P.- livefest)

That would be only counter-productive ---- Instead of sending a small yet stern message it would be sending a Agni missile with a nuke warhead:-)lol:)

Diplomacy is about tact and boldness --- not brashness.

Great move. China must be given a reality check. It's not like they will keep needling us and we won't resist.

China is not the Lord of the rings. Not yet.

Good move.
China should realise that it is over measuring its potential and acting beyond the limits it should.

this is truly moronic, if India manages to engage China as an ally that would literally be an end to all of India's nightmares..but you guys are allying with US, take it from a country who has been there done that..its an ugly marriage

this is truly moronic, if India manages to engage China as an ally that would literally be an end to all of India's nightmares..but you guys are allying with US, take it from a country who has been there done that..its an ugly marriage
Thanx brother atleast u have admitted that ur country suffered due to allying with uncle sam:usflag:...But uncle shyam(india)
karthic-sri-albums-mine-picture3771-india.gif
is a american ally in economic terms & in political terms differs from them...we are gonna buy from them or sell to them but we will not fight for them...its a mistake that pak:pakistan: did but a mistake which india will not repeat...but i am afraid that pak is going through same way by indulging more with china...but theres still time left or else after the capitalist the communist will use u for there sake....:hitwall::hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom