What's new

India registered Bd Jamdani, nakshi kantha, fazli mango as its own product

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to go into all intricacies here but one thing i will tell you, the moment you see a guy whose trousers are much above his ankles ( like some capri or something ) there are two pissibilities..

1. That guy is piss poor and had probably borrowed it

2. He is a muslim..

M serious and not trolling..

Religion doesn't have anything to do with the matter.

Prove that the technique behind creating Muslin originated in present-day India. And then you may have some credibility.

I went through 14 pages, and I don't see a shred of proof.

Last time I checked, the technique originated in Dhaka, which is in present-day Bangladesh, not India.

This has nothing to do with being Muslim or Hindu. Please, take your bullshit communal/religious beliefs some place else.

Arab Culture. :lol:

Rule #1: Get a life.

I am asking you seriously.

It is important to know your background before someone debates with the Bangladeshis here. :lol:

Its up to you if you want to believe, i said my part :what:

Prove that the technique behind creating Muslin originated in present-day India. And then you may have some credibility.

Last time I checked, the technique originated in Dhaka, which is in present-day Bangladesh, not India.

This has nothing to do with being Muslim or Hindu. Please, take your bullshit communal/religious beliefs some place else.

Islam is Arabs Religion. A Muslim convert has to embrace everything Arabic in the name of Islam.

It is as much as cool as Pakistani Converts claiming IVC.

All things originated/invented/discovered post 1947 in Pakistan and Bangladesh can be called Pakistani and Bangladeshi.

Everything is Indian before that!

I will start off with a disclaimer that I dont know much about Muslin. But if you are so sure its Bangladeshi, why hasn't any Bangladeshi challenged this in the international forums where you can challenge and appeal this decision, except for some vague obscure news source an some PDF Bangladeshis. Its something you should be asking from your country's intellectuals if you have a case. If you do have a strong case, you will probably get it. You cant expect to blame your Govt and people's inefficiency or ineptness on Indians :P

Islam is Arabs Religion. A Muslim convert has to embrace everything Arabic in the name of Islam.

It is as much as cool as Pakistani Converts claiming IVC.

All things originated/invented/discovered post 1947 in Pakistan and Bangladesh can be called Pakistani and Bangladeshi.

Everything is Indian before that!

so everything discovered before Indian independence is British? thats now how it works, its one thing if you patented it before 1947, but right now, you have to see the modern geographic region before doing something like that :argh:

I am asking you seriously.

It is important to know your background before someone debates with the Bangladeshis here. :lol:

Arab culture?? So?? We arent Arab. We are Bangladeshi Muslim. Wanna see our culture??

Zahwahcollections.jpg

fakhrul201206281340843988_Merrage%20dress%20Saree.jpg

so everything discovered before Indian independence is British? thats now how it works, its one thing if you patented it before 1947, but right now, you have to see the modern geographic region before doing something like that :argh:

You keep everything after 1947. We don't care a Jack.

It is you people who decided to divorce from the Indic Civilization Ala 1947.

Everything Indic Related is the Sole Property of Republic of India.

wow, man i'd be embarrassed, if my country did a disgraceful thing like this :disagree:

i mean fazli mango does exist even before the creation of Bangladesh. So how come its a bangladeshi product? There was no Bangladesh before 16 Dec 1971. Right?

Please check the facts about geographical indications.

Geographical indicators are not exclusive between countries. There is no single database where all geographical indications are listed. Each country maintains its own list of GIs much like patents. If BD is so worried about India stealing the light, there are many ways to get exclusive recognition for its products. For example BD can register its version of Jamdani as Dhaka Jamdani just like India's version is named 'Uppada Jamdani Sarees' with no scope for confusion. Even if the intelligent naming is beyond BD bureaucrats' intellect and BD registers its Jamdani as just Jamdani, a buyer abroad can see 'Made in BD' tag and will prefer that over the Indian version. India is not supposed to go around the world asking 'who else is making Jamdani?'. As the author himself admits, Jamdani's speciality is its symmetric design or whatever. Then why not let the AP guys call their weaving as Jamdani? Btw look at this: The author says BD and Iraq began making Jamdani at roughly the same time and so BD deserves a marker, but West Bengal was virtually the same place as BD does not deserve the markers that BD has exclusive rights to. Surely Fazli trees, even back in ancient days, knew that they should not grow beyond the arbitrary line that would today divide BD and India.

Hilsa is not exclusive to BD as the author mentions. The same fish is found in almost all states on India's east coast, albeit with different names. And if we are talking about the name 'Hilsa', well then West Bengal has as much right to it as BD does(guess where BD's rivers come from?!).

This is not a case of stealing at all. The problem is with BD's lazness and the ever increasing cheer leaders of India-bashing in BD. These BDeshis should get a life or something real and exclusive which India cannot 'steal'.

And the loser OP should change the name of the thread.

Thanks Ruby for a useful post. Useful for Indians I mean, because, you explained how the process works, explained why India did what she did. Now another India poster has already clarified the case of Basmati rice when US patented it, how India successfully challenged it instead of vomiting litres of abuse.

But as I said earlier, none of these bangladeshis bots will even read your post, let alone acknowledge and reply in a constructive manner, All they really want is an excuse to keep mouthing inanities and abuse for India and Indians so that someone takes notice of this runt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom