What's new

India readying weapon to destroy enemy satellites

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAJYA SABHA

During April 2009, 2nd star sensor used for orientation of Chandrayaan spacecraft towards Moon had failed. Alternate method using Gyroscope and Antenna had been implemented for orienting Chandrayaan towards Moon.

Due to the loss of communication link with the Chandrayaan-I, it was not possible to take any further corrective steps.

The total cost of Chandrayaan-I mission from “Concept to Commissioning to ultimate calling-off” is Rs. 386.00 crores, including the cost of establishment of ground infrastructure.

This was stated by Shri Prithviraj Chavan, the Minister of State (I/C) for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences in the Rajya Sabha today

You know how this can relate to this thread is a Bit vague.

The Sensors on CH-1 failed. But it was not due to Equipment being sub-standard. But Due to heat exposure.

ISRO has underestimated how much heat would reflect of the Moon.
Thus when CH-1 entered orbit it's fine instruments began to overheat and well fail. when the primary senor failed they raised the orbit by a 100 km. But the damage had already been done

But respect where respect is due, I dont see Man made objects entering moon orbit everyday. and then sending back date proving the presence of water on the surface..

What is the objective of this Scientific Adviser? Any Indian kindly advice me!!!

The headline

The fine print

"India is putting together building blocks[/B][/COLOR] of technology that could be used to neutralise enemy satellites," Defence Research and Development Organisation Director General V K Saraswat told reporters on the sidelines of the 97th Indian Science Congress.

However, he added that the defence scientists have not planned any tests but have started planning such technology which could be used to leapfrog to build a weapon in case the country needed it.

The conclusion

Somebody in DRDO makes doodles on an envelope and makes a Powerpoint presentation and the fanboys start having wet dreams on the internet. :rofl:

If you knew what a science congress is or read the article "completely", you would haven't made such a stupid comment.It isn't like DRDO director woke up from a dream and started :blah:.

Director General V K Saraswat told reporters on the sidelines of the Indian Science Congress. This years focal theme was "science and technology challenges of 21st century". This might have been a suggestion raised during the congress,which deserves attention and there is nothing to mock about !

:angel:

Clayton KS Chun of US Army War College, believe that India already possesses technological platforms, which could be used for development of anti-satellite missiles.

read carefully.

Here's what the original article says.

To achieve such capabilities, a kill vehicle needs to be developed and that process is being carried out under the Ballistic Missile Defence programme.

If you knew what a science congress is or read the article "completely", you would haven't made such a stupid comment.It isn't like DRDO director woke up from a dream and started :blah:.

Director General V K Saraswat told reporters on the sidelines of the Indian Science Congress. This years focal theme was "science and technology challenges of 21st century". This might have been a suggestion raised during the congress,which deserves attention and there is nothing to mock about !

:angel:

I am not mocking the idea, but the headline that India is readying a weapon. India is readying no such thing. It is a weapon being planned.

Here's what the original article says.

I am not mocking the idea, but the headline that India is readying a weapon. India is readying no such thing. It is a weapon being planned.

See you highlighted exactly what i meant.

To achieve such capabilities, a kill vehicle needs to be developed and that process is being carried out under the Ballistic Missile Defence programme.

However, he added that the defence scientists have not planned any tests but have started planning such technology which could be used to leapfrog to build a weapon in case the country needed it.

"We are working to ensure space security and protect our satellites.

Like i said They are working on adapting the AMB technology, to defend the satellites. (Which is more important)

Which can be modified to take down satellites as well.

That is why there are no planned tests. Its not the project goal to get a satellite kill vehicle. but to make a Satellite defense system that coincidentally can be adapted to take down the satellite.

The headline

The fine print

"India is putting together building blocks of technology that could be used to neutralise enemy satellites," Defence Research and Development Organisation Director General V K Saraswat told reporters on the sidelines of the 97th Indian Science Congress.

The conclusion

Somebody in DRDO makes doodles on an envelope and makes a Powerpoint presentation and the fanboys start having wet dreams on the internet. :rofl:

no one else can bring such a fooooooolish conclusion like you...

The headline

The fine print

"India is putting together building blocks of technology that could be used to neutralise enemy satellites," Defence Research and Development Organisation Director General V K Saraswat told reporters on the sidelines of the 97th Indian Science Congress.

The conclusion

^^^^

Oh!! MashAllah a informative post once again ....Its really strange how You promoted to a senior memeber ? By reading your post one can easily understand level of your knowledge and most surprisingly you acquired lots of thanks from other bunch of geniuses......:tup:

Last edited:
My friend the article says research in the technology has started :cheers:

But i don't agree with ur point either. if ISRO can accomplish a successful moon then why not this ?

and don't worry It wont be US,Russian or Chinese sat's :rofl:

:victory: yeahh, Pakistan doesn't have to worry about Anti-Satellite missiles.

Russians are Military buddies and Americans are economic buddies and we are left with ???
:yahoo:
well, of-course, the anti-satellite missiles are for the Chinese. Hands down !!

:victory: yeahh, Pakistan doesn't have to worry about Anti-Satellite missiles.

Brother we shouldn't say such things about Pakistan. ISRO is a failed and corrupt organization in India. As pointed by our Pakistani friends, Chandrayaan couldn't even survive in the moon for it's full life span. The GSLV has failed it's first 2 developmental tests. And there have been 2 partial failures in the PSLV.

And these are just our mere wet dreams, because how could such a failed organization develop an advanced system like this? I hope our Pakistani friends at SUPARCO could assist us in inventing one.......

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Pakistanis are jealous here because they can't even launch a satellite. Launch a satellite from your soil first, then we can talk.

Really,yeah we are of ARJUNKSKY,LCA Our your failed missiles LOL talk about wet dreams and PAKISTAN did send a satelite into space here Pakistan’s Satellite program growing exponentially The Dawn
China launched Pakistan’s first satellite into orbit in 1990 because Pakistan had no spaceport. Badr-A, Pakistan’s first indigenously developed satellite, was launched on July 16 that year from Xichang Launch Center in southwestern China’s Sichuan province.
Also in august 2010 PAKISTAN will send PAKBAT-1 communication sattelite.
Advice : THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK :eek:

Really,yeah we are of ARJUNKSKY,LCA Our your failed missiles LOL talk about wet dreams and PAKISTAN did send a satelite into space here Pakistan’s Satellite program growing exponentially The Dawn
China launched Pakistan’s first satellite into orbit in 1990 because Pakistan had no spaceport. Badr-A, Pakistan’s first indigenously developed satellite, was launched on July 16 that year from Xichang Launch Center in southwestern China’s Sichuan province.

SATELLITE LAUNCH VEHICLE. CLEAR ???

I'm sorry sir, i dont think you understood what he said.

Launch a satellite from your soil.
@also, this pakBat-1 :rofl: is not Pakistani developed. You bought it. Suggest you do some research and think before posting.

Here we have, another thread hijacked by Pakistanis.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom