What's new

Featured India reacts to Pakistan’s move for hosting Gulbuddin Hekmatyar to speak on Kashmir issue

Kailash Kumar

Reaction score
Country
Suriname
India reacts to Pakistan’s move for hosting Gulbuddin Hekmatyar to speak on Kashmir issue

15 Aug 2020

The government of Indian reacted to Pakistan’s move for hosting the leader of Hezb-e Islami of Afghanistan, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, to speak on the issue of Kashmir.

According to local media reports, Hekmatyar participated in a webinar hosted by the government of Pakistan last week and spoke abut the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.

Hekmatyar said India should “learn a lesson from the Afghan jehad” and the only solution to the Kashmir issue is to give Kashmiris the right to self-determination, according to Hindustan Times.

Reacting to Hekmatyar’s presence in the even, Anurag Srivastava, a spokesperson for the Ministry of External Affairs of India, said “We have seen the media reports of the participation of the former UN-designated terrorist in an event organised by the government of Pakistan.”

“This is nothing new. Pakistan not only harbours terror outfits but also encourages them. We hope that such participation in public events by a former UN-designated terrorist would not go unnoticed,” Srivastava added.

According to reports, Mahathir Mohamad, the former Prime Minister of Malaysia also participated in the event.

https://www.khaama.com/india-reacts...ulbuddin-hekmatyar-to-speak-on-kashmir-issue/

India reacts to Pakistan’s move for hosting Gulbuddin Hekmatyar to speak on Kashmir issue

15 Aug 2020

The government of Indian reacted to Pakistan’s move for hosting the leader of Hezb-e Islami of Afghanistan, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, to speak on the issue of Kashmir.

According to local media reports, Hekmatyar participated in a webinar hosted by the government of Pakistan last week and spoke abut the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.

Hekmatyar said India should “learn a lesson from the Afghan jehad” and the only solution to the Kashmir issue is to give Kashmiris the right to self-determination, according to Hindustan Times.

Reacting to Hekmatyar’s presence in the even, Anurag Srivastava, a spokesperson for the Ministry of External Affairs of India, said “We have seen the media reports of the participation of the former UN-designated terrorist in an event organised by the government of Pakistan.”

“This is nothing new. Pakistan not only harbours terror outfits but also encourages them. We hope that such participation in public events by a former UN-designated terrorist would not go unnoticed,” Srivastava added.

According to reports, Mahathir Mohamad, the former Prime Minister of Malaysia also participated in the event.

https://www.khaama.com/india-reacts...ulbuddin-hekmatyar-to-speak-on-kashmir-issue/

Yesterday years designated terrorists are todays dignities waiting power to be bestowed power on them by UN blessing.

The statement brought to you by the country who's Prime Minister was barred from entering US and UK due to his role in sponsoring terrorism against minorities. The irony is lost on India.

Why do we not use proxies against India? They use them against us so much. They have 100x as many fault lines as we do.

Not only Pakistan but Sir Lanka has been a victim of Indian state-sponsored terrorism.

Kulbhushan-Jadhav.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously Indians know nothing about this issue. Here @Jyotish you are pushing Indian propaganda.

Hekmatyar was part of Afghan government and peace talks with Taliban, previously he was in refuge in Iran.

If anyone wants to know Afghan Pukhtoon sentiments and demands, he is one of the best sources as he is a personal hero of many Afghan Pukhtoons.

15 Aug 2020

He was removed from the UN terror list in 2017. Why is this relevant @Jyotish

Do all your links about Narendra Modi mention his former status as being banned by US, UK and Europe for religiously motivated violence?

He was removed from the UN terror list in 2017. Why is this relevant @Jyotish

Do all your links about Narendra Modi mention his former status as being banned by US, UK and Europe for religiously motivated violence?

They are trying to paint a false picture of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Palestine, Turkey, and other Muslim countries.

Last edited:
@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan , @masterchief_mirza.

I posted this article, because it was from an Afghan news agency and not an Indian one.

And when you look at the Facebook page of where this article is also posted, you see quite a number of Afghans claiming him to be a traitor.

So, I was not even looking at it from an Indian angle.

I posted this, thinking why Pakistan would, with the current ongoing peace negotiations, invite someone who is seen as traitor by Afghans?

I posted this article, because it was from an Afghan news agency and not an Indian one.

And when you look at the Facebook page of where this article is also posted, you see quite a number of Afghans claiming him to be a traitor.

I posted this, thinking why Pakistan would, with the current ongoing peace negotiations, invite someone who is seen as traitor by Afghans?
Majority of Afghanistan is under Taliban, where is their voice?

India reacts??? What is the reaction???

India has exhausted all options against Pakistan. Now they are in deep trouble. All they can do is run media propaganda campaign against Pakistan via Good media or worse make a Bollywood movie.

My question posed an analogy. I didn't address the Indian angle on his opinion per se, whatever that angle may or may not be.

My point is that the Indian MEA are hypocritical for denying him that right of opinion. It is literally teapots and kettles. Hekmatyar has been PM of Afg on more than one occasion. If Modi can offer credible opinion on international matters as someone who was once blacklisted by USA, UK and Europe for human rights violations, Hekmatyar is equally qualified to provide credible opinion on the same despite being blacklisted by the UN at one stage.

That MEA are crying about someone EX-blacklisted tells a great story that nobody will notice.

So, your question of why Hekmatyar is legitimately given a platform is answered quite simply.

That comments under an English language Kabuli news source are in favour of one warlord over another is a meaningless observation, due to sampling bias. If you read the comments section under Dawn articles, you'd conclude that everyone in Pakistan wants Modi to take over our country.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom