What's new

India Reacted Swiftly, Calls To China Gone Unanswered: US Agency On Lanka

If we look at Sri Lanka’s debts, 47% to the financial markets (dominated by US and West) 13% to the ADB (Asian Development Bank), 10% China and 10% Japan.

The question should be why there are so many questions questioning China? Interesting, right?

The 1 million tons of grain donated by China is enough to ensure that Sri Lankans will not suffer from famine and mass death. As for economic assistance, it requires consultation and negotiation between the two govts.

To be honest, Sri Lankans' economic model of relying on loans to maintain high income is unsustainable. They must experience pain before they can realize the need for reform.

The Indian govt is unable to save Sri Lanka.

Now India is gradually falling into a foreign exchange crisis, and it is already very difficult for them to protect themselves.

However, it is also interesting for us to listen to the boasting of Indian media and the fantasy of Indian netizens.

China only owns a small portion of Sri Lanka’s debt while the current crisis was significantly impacted by the dollar’s tightening. Of course the facts don’t matter but ok.

What the Americans said surprised me. Japan has more debt to Sri Lanka than China and she doesn't seem to mention Japan at all, why is that? ?

China only holds 10% of Sri Lanka's debts. The biggest creditor is Japan. I suggest India call to Japan to be more fruitful.

Not just that but Sri Lankans would never tolerate being ruled by anyone else.

As for looking down on other S Asian countries, probably by 2035 they will be no richer than Indians and BD'shis.
So much optimism despite Srilankan neck deep financial issues....

Of all it's creditors, Sri Lanka had asked only one of them to restructure the loans publicly, had asked at the highest levels. But it went to deaf ears, and I guess it eventually broke SL's back.

China giving lip service is not new, remember the same given to Afgh. If you trust fraud Chinese, it's only on you!

Back
Top Bottom