What's new

India plots smartphone dominance amid US-China trade war

One thing is sure China will lose Indian smartphone market soon. Samsung and Apple has started local manufacturing in India already

There should be more players for healthy competition, it's good to see Micromax and others entering with good phones, it did force some Chinese phones to reduce the price on their phones iPhone prices have reduced a bit with local assembly. Overall it's good.

There should be more players for healthy competition, it's good to see Micromax and others entering with good phones, it did force some Chinese phones to reduce the price on their phones iPhone prices have reduced a bit with local assembly. Overall it's good.
Of course, I see a bright future for India as next global manufacturing hub.

Look at electronics imports ,its significant for any developing country to manufacture electronics to sustain the digital age.
Electronics is the Oil of 21st century.
Oil of 21st century is data this is why we see every big company including our Ambani go big on it , data combined with AI is the next big thing but I agree manufacturing electronics locally is needed , we are 10-12 years late there

We need such manufacturing industries as the conventional jobs are at the risk of being replaced by the AI. Even in my company many processes have been automated.

So it is safe to say in 5 years Indians will buy mostly non-Chinese brand phones ?

So it is safe to say in 5 years Indians will buy mostly non-Chinese brand phones ?
Even lesser. My samsung mobile was manufactured in Vietnam and now we have a Samsung manufacturing plant here in Noida too.

We'll break India before that. ;)
I doubt India will build from scratch, they will still buy most of the parts from China considering this Indian scheme will even work.

We'll break India before that. ;)
Yeah you surely will; in your wet dreams:lol: in the meantime apply some burnol to was your pain.
I doubt India will build from scratch, they will still buy most of the parts from China considering this Indian scheme will even work.
Not really Tata has established 5000 crore facility to manufacture smartphone components.

Back
Top Bottom