What's new

India-Pakistan Standoff September 2016 - Member opinions

what he needs to highlight is that india has elected a known criminal (on banned US list for communal violence against muslims). and this criminal is now taking whole south asia to point of no return. he is interfering in Baluchistan, which is an undisputed territory, thus making undisputed indian territories fair game for us. he is interfering in Afghanistan and trying to entice violence. he has imposed a curfew in Kashmir which is now running into third month, with hundreds dead and thousands injured.. his is enticing media to create a war hype, bravado and chest thumping and now is threatening direct military attack on Pakistan... and that THERE ARE LIMITS TO OUR PATIENCE WITH THIS JOKER. that s all he needs to say

He should mention the Uri attack, but not as a false flag operation, that would be stupid. Just like India has presented zero evidence that it was carried out from Pakistan, Pakistan has zero evidence that India faked this entire encounter.

Exactly.

The whole reason that most nations fight using "proxies" is because of plausible deniability.

I would ignore the other posters however you are a think tank...so a question ....

Why do think this year UN meeting was so special that we would kill our own soldiers to deflect some attention..is this is the first time large scale protests happened in the valley or people dying due to police actions??...hasn't Pakistan gone to all corners for the same already?? ....I mean how idiotic it would sound if i have to say that Pakistan faked terror attacks so as to show the world that she is a victim of terrorism to so that she can deflect attention from her wrong doings....?? Even with all the bitterness it is very hard for me to claim something like that...how come you think that it was a false flag....in fact are there such instances where country's kill their own soldiers to malign a particular country in a forum which don't even give two hoots about the whole issue for that matter.....
I never said India would kill its own soldiers, in fact it's quite the opposite of what I believe.

My stance is that this attack was not planned in Pakistan, nor did anyone cross the LoC from the Pakistani side to the Indian side; I believe that it was planned within India, by people living within India's side of Kashmir. The unrest in Kashmir was likely the main motivation for the attack, and these types of attacks are likely to increase in number, the longer this situation goes unresolved.

In other words, Pakistan had nothing to do with it, nor was this some sort of Indian false flag operation.

The reason why I believe Pakistan should mention Uri at the UN, is to preempt India, and make sure the world realizes that Pakistan had nothing to do with this attack. No matter how small the chance may be, Pakistan needs to make sure that India cannot try to internationally justify starting a war with Pakistan; Preempting Indian, and speaking about Uri at the UN would actually deescalate the situation, by forcing India to back off.

Nawaz Sharif must mention URI attack in his speech. Americans will be thrilled to hear Pakistani Prime minister talking about a terrorist attack. Especially after this came out.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...sted-but-questions-remain-about-bombings.html

Sorry to break your delusion but they don't care actually. Our PM just met John Kerry and at least he had less issues with this Afghan traveling to Pakistan than you.

http://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2016/09/pm-nawaz-sharif-john-kerry-meet-in-new-york/

17 soldiers died and whole india goes berzerk, innocent kashmirs are tortured to death and no one bats any eye.

All the Kashmiri deaths were also heavily reported in Indian media. Kashmir has dominated news in India for the past 2 months. However, there wasn't as much outrage as those Kashmiris who were killed were in most cases violent people trying to attack the police and even killed some cops and injured thousands. Here you have 18 soldiers who were killed unprovoked while in their sleep. That's why the outrage.

Look, it's probably true that if the unspoken Pakistani objective behind this regular bleating at UNGA is to make India look as ridiculous as themselves, then they probably succeed for the moment. Yes, it is indeed tragic for Indians that at a world forum their country is spoken of in the same breath as a terrorist-sponsoring, nuclear-proliferating semi-failed state.

However, Pakistanis should note that at best they can expect is that the world may show apathy by asking India to "restrain" it's actions. It is correct to say that it shows India in a poor light that despite the overwhelming evidence of Pak-sponsored terrorism, there are no UN resolutions to that effect. However, not even "all-weather" alms-givers like Saudi and China are willing to give a clean chit to Pakistan about terrorism emanating from there. The evidence is overwhelming.

It is disrespectful to call those scumbags soldiers, beating up civilians women and children

See East Pakistan (71') and Balochistan (always!!) and the entire Zarb-e-Azb theatre for an excellent illustration of what the brave army of Pakistan has done to those which it claims to be its own people. No other country which denies being in a state of civil war has used Air Power so rampantly against it's own civilian population.

Look, it's probably true that if the unspoken Pakistani objective behind this regular bleating at UNGA is to make India look as ridiculous as themselves, then they probably succeed for the moment. Yes, it is indeed tragic for Indians that at a world forum their country is spoken of in the same breath as a terrorist-sponsoring, nuclear-proliferating semi-failed state.

However, Pakistanis should note that at best they can expect is that the world may show apathy by asking India to "restrain" it's actions. It is correct to say that it shows India in a poor light that despite the overwhelming evidence of Pak-sponsored terrorism, there are no UN resolutions to that effect. However, not even "all-weather" alms-givers like Saudi and China are willing to give a clean chit to Pakistan about terrorism emanating from there. The evidence is overwhelming.

This may very well be an attempt to keep India busy outraging about this particular attack and not mention Balochistan and other regions. Seems to have have failed to do that though.

what he needs to highlight is that india has elected a known criminal (on banned US list for communal violence against muslims).
You mean Nawaz Sharif, the guy who had to run away and was barred from entering his own country, should point fingers at someone else?

This may very well be an attempt to keep India busy outraging about this particular attack and not mention Balochistan and other regions. Seems to have have failed to do that though.

Could well be. But MEA must have finally chosen the Balochistan issue for a good reason.

I think the script is well known. Except for China (definitely) and Saudi and a handful of other despicable regimes (probably), there will eventually be near unanimous consensus as to the illegal nature of Pakistani occupation of Balochistan. And the pathetic Pakistani response will be wild celebration and chest thumping over the fact that 2-3 countries do not agree with a near-unanimous position, just as on it's role in fomenting terrorism.

I never said India would kill its own soldiers, in fact it's quite the opposite of what I believe.

My stance is that this attack was not planned in Pakistan, nor did anyone cross the LoC from the Pakistani side to the Indian side; I believe that it was planned within India, by people living within India's side of Kashmir. The unrest in Kashmir was likely the main motivation for the attack, and these types of attacks are likely to increase in number, the longer this situation goes unresolved.

In other words, Pakistan had nothing to do with it, nor was this some sort of Indian false flag operation.

The reason why I believe Pakistan should mention Uri at the UN, is to preempt India, and make sure the world realizes that Pakistan had nothing to do with this attack. No matter how small the chance may be, Pakistan needs to make sure that India cannot try to internationally justify starting a war with Pakistan; Preempting Indian, and speaking about Uri at the UN would actually deescalate the situation, by forcing India to back off.
ohh sorry i thought the other way...of-course that should be a logical thing for Pakistan to do....

Sorry to break your delusion but they don't care actually. Our PM just met John Kerry and at least he had less issues with this Afghan traveling to Pakistan than you.

http://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2016/09/pm-nawaz-sharif-john-kerry-meet-in-new-york/

First decide about the nature of delusion you wish to suffer from. On one hand the total apathy and humiliation that is heaped on Pakistan by almost every American official is simply dismissed with the words "we don't care". And yet, the moment there is any silence or failure by an American official in condemning Pakistan, it seems you guys just love it.

Confused?

I need him to speak in Urdu not in English otherwise he get help from notes and the expressions impressions lost meanings, he is good to deliver in Urdu. Agree with @That Guy not need to bring up alligations without proves straight and facts are the points.

All the Kashmiri deaths were also heavily reported in Indian media. Kashmir has dominated news in India for the past 2 months. However, there wasn't as much outrage as those Kashmiris who were killed were in most cases violent people trying to attack the police and even killed some cops and injured thousands. Here you have 18 soldiers who were killed unprovoked while in their sleep. That's why the outrage.
Your country has every right to mourn its 18 soldiers but blaming Pakistan for your failure is something which your media and politicians love to do . You media should know that the soldiers are part of war, there's no such thing as innocent soldier death.
Soldiers killing soldiers, i'm fine with that, soldiers killing innocents and labeling them as terrorist, that sort of thing world doesn't accepts

Back
Top Bottom