What's new

India, Pakistan settle Iran pipeline fee dispute

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India and Pakistan have resolved commercial differences holding up a proposed multi-billion-dollar gas pipeline from Iran, oil ministers of both South Asian nations said Friday. The project, which aims to transport gas from Iran to Pakistan and India, was first mooted in 1994 but has been stalled by a series of disputes over prices and transit fees. “I am happy to report that as far as Pakistan and India are concerned, we have resolved all bilateral issues. There is no issue whatsoever that needs to be addressed now,” Pakistan's oil minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, was quoted as saying by the Press Trust of India news agency. Qureshi made the announcement after talks with Indian Oil Minister Murli Deora. “We have reached an agreement on the principles of charging transit fee. India remains fully committed to the project,” the Indian minister was also quoted as saying by PTI. Qureshi also said Pakistan will “provide fool-proof security” for the planned 2,600-kilometre pipeline. (Posted @ 19:34 PST)
- DAWN - Latest Stories; June 27, 2008

Benazir initiated talks with Iran to make a pipe line through Pakistan to India, at that point the establishment and PML-N said Benazir is going to give fuel to our enemies, what blatant conspiracy lurks of that now in the 21st century.

Benazir initiated talks with Iran to make a pipe line through Pakistan to India, at that point the establishment and PML-N said Benazir is going to give fuel to our enemies, what blatant conspiracy lurks of that now in the 21st century.
Oh C'mon...

Benazir thi, rasool nahi.

What're the hard figures on this agreement?

I think its Mushi who did it....PPP only when appeared in the final moments.

I think its Mushi who did it....PPP only when appeared in the final moments.
Who cares who did it. I'm just sick of PPP's "murdon ki syasat".

It's really not done yet anyway. I want to know what are the hard figures that they agreed upon.

I have sinking feeling these PPP went for cheap.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom