What's new

India-Pakistan nuclear war would spell global calamity: study

I agree with you, neither Zia nor Mushy could have survived without US support for long. Pakistan is not Cuba or Zimbabwe, and if the US wasn't supporting these two generals, they would not be able to survive for long on the throne of power. We saw that as the US shifted its focus from one guy to supporting the Pakistani state, Mushy eventually lost power through a people's movement.

As for the question of how the globe views Pakistan's nuke security, let me assure you our nukes are safe and are NOT under threat. There is no way that any terrorist will ever grab hold of our nukes.

Although I really hope and wish that the Indian cricket team vists Karachi next month, have been looking forward to it since a long time.
indeed by terrorist you mean the USA.

indeed by terrorist you mean the USA.

The US doesn't want to grab Pakistan's nuclear weapons, if they really didn't want Pakistan to have them, they would have attacked us back in the 90s when we were in the process of acquiring them.

The US knows that our nukes keep the (relative) peace in South Asia, and they don't want to tip the balance too heavily in India's favor.

Back in 1999, as an undergraduate I pointed out the possibility of an exceptional targetting system that would allow to intercept second phase BMs with lasers or any stimulated emission device(s). The leed was picked up by the US DoD and since then Allah knows how much has been spent on making sure Pakistan does not get its own version of the same. I had achieved a range of 4km back then -- funded by a students (me) pocket money. The Americans have managed pushing it as far as being in comparison to other air defence techniques, yet indeed there never is an alternative to having the original inventor on your side.

I actually put the design in front of my students at NIDA recently -- adding that the technology was obsolete. Pakistan has more and better options now, that I won't talk about here. The US is desperate to defer if not stop this work, yet it continues in whatever gaps remain.

Evidence of my work being slowed down:
1) ask NADRA what problems it has issueing a copy of NIC#17201-1557832-9. The form does not require attestation -- yet NADRA would not give an objection letter let alone the NIC -- even when offered Rs. 500,000/- in bribe: for doing what is perfectly legal.
2) GHQ Housing Directorate established the successors of (our parents) (Late) Brig. and Mrs. Tajir (last posting and designation : surgical spec. at CMH Abbottabad) -- without the signatures of not one of us three brothers. Advise why and how The Army is itself busy looting its late officers?!
3) Frontier Police lost an FIR by Ahsan Tajir -- Uni. Town Thaana Peshawar. They're computerized!!
4) Faysal Bank Pesh Sadr lost our widow mother's money!!

If the above is to be exclaimed in terms of corruption and crime -- then Pakistan could not run as a state. Such things require a lot of money, which requires a lot of reason. For a theory to explain things -- the things have to be there. The only achievement of these attacks is to delay my work. So who has the incentive?

I have taken beatings, from groups of people I do not even know, death threats, gun shots (though they missed). Both houses left by our parents remain empty -- we cannot live there -- not because there are any legal problems. What theory would you offer to explain such observations?

Frey not -- work continues. By coming independence day, Pakistan shall be nuke proof -- go ahead and stop me: that's a challenge. kabaddi kabaddi

beg to differ

war will require resources

they will be made available on a war footing

for the moment, we are short of electricity -- and are not using our coal

short of technology -- not employing our scientists

short of money, short of fresh water.................

war breaks out -- we'll have enough of everything. Compare it with the emergence of the USA.

that's not what I'm talking about what I'm try to say is that a lot of peoples gonna suffer after the war and in 1965 after the war people couldn't buy sugar and flour.....and we have a lot of poverty in our nation RIGHT NOW:hitwall:

Last edited:
that's not what I'm talking about what I'm try to say is that a lot of peoples gonna suffer after the war and in 1965 after the war people couldn't buy sugar and flour.....and we have a lot of poverty in our nation RIGHT NOW:hitwall:

in a short war, engaged out of anger or something, yes i agree. Yet if you sit down to finish this standoff by military force -- you become quite resourceful -- and the end of your plan is not only the de-militarisation of india, but also a higher per capita income for the whole region. confornting egos need to fight it out -- in a planned manner -- not out of anger.

Be objective yet decisive about the enemy -- he comes out to be worth more than your friends.

As for the answers there are no questions that we need to answer, PA isn't some rag tag militant force where there is no control. We are regarded as a highly professional and well trained force in the world. IF we can make nukes, we surely know how to defend them in times of crisis be it internal or external.

Icecold .. very well stated and I would like to compliment it with the fact that it was not the US diplomacy or world support that could bring down India in year 2001 / 2002 from the military show down (which was the real reason why we missed out on OBL) which it had made on trumpted up "parliament bombing charges" ... but our nuclear bomb & test firing of 5 different type of solid fuel missiles from mobile launchers in 5 days.

Only after this test of 5 missiles India calmed down.

Pakistan nuclear bombs & delivery systems are actually the counter weight to Indian conventional capabilities which is the reason of peace in the sub-continent.

Pakistan & it's army knows it very well, hence, do not be deluded that we are going to hand over the only counter balance in our arsenal to our friend of more than 50 years (USA) who has never come to our rescue in real war scenario !

in a short war, engaged out of anger or something, yes i agree. Yet if you sit down to finish this standoff by military force -- you become quite resourceful -- and the end of your plan is not only the de-militarisation of india, but also a higher per capita income for the whole region. confornting egos need to fight it out -- in a planned manner -- not out of anger.

Be objective yet decisive about the enemy -- he comes out to be worth more than your friends.

answer me one question who is gonna suffer after the war????????????

No one is going to play with nuclear bomb. Its all politics. Both the countries very well know the after effect of a nuclear war. Its not going to affect just India or pakistan, but millions others in this region. So be cool... its just a media war going on here....:pop: those who want to enjoy this media war stick on to it.. others leave it...:cheers:

No one is going to play with nuclear bomb. Its all politics. Both the countries very well know the after effect of a nuclear war. Its not going to affect just India or pakistan, but millions others in this region. So be cool... its just a media war going on here....:pop: those who want to enjoy this media war stick on to it.. others leave it...:cheers:

II : I wish you words come true but we all know that there are Hawkish elements on both sides and things could go out of hand & all the above is the so called "worst case scenarios".

We are only saying "hum to dubaygay sunam, laikin tumay bhi lay dubayain gay" ! (Translation : we are going to drown, but darling I am not going down without you") !

Remember Pakistan had nuclear capability way back in 1984 but it only blew the lid after India did so. We knew very well the full fledged sanctions & the effect on our minute economy but we did not refrain from doing so, while all Indian major newspapers were calling our nuclear credentials as bluff !

Dear Indians,

Here's a defector. The only citizen of any OIC/SAARC member to achieve HELLIQ Membership -- that requires an IQ level of sigma four or above: Dr. Faisal Tajir: PhD EE and PhD ME.

I offer you electricity more affordable than hydro.
I offer to make your country terrorism proof and nuke proof.
I offer to identify vast economically recoverable mineral reserves in the Arabian Sea (that I have already scanned) and thence also the Bay of Bengal and (part of) the Indian Ocean.
I offer you control over your local weather/climate as well as global climate.

In exchange I ask for asylum, and vengeance -- a list of around 200 personal vendettas. What do you say?

Back
Top Bottom