What's new

India Pakistan Comparison 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never knew China and india also had presidents who had a bad record of going to jail, corruption!

But you people don't understand! Even though Pakistan might have some problems, we are still able to manage our country better than you indians!

Pakistan's infrastructure is much better than india's!

But Per capita income is more of indians.

Ok yaar you won............Have a jalebi

let nobody contend this and preserve this for posterity...:rofl:

I've hosted several dozen US tech executives in Pakistan over the years. Most recently, March '09. Most of them have also traveled to India. Consistently, I've been told that the airports and roads in Pakistan are far better than those in India. I have driven them from Lahore all the way to Bhurban in the mountains, going through Islamabad. We've also travelled from Lahore to Faisalabad by road.

I have not visited India myself so I can only go by the relatively objective views of those who have visited both countries and are neither Indians nor Pakistanis.

Where, for example, is India's M2? Over the past 10 years, Pakistan has added thousands of kms of M2-quality highways (Faisalabad-Lahore, Islamabad-Peshawar, Karachi-Gawadar, Lahore-Multan etc.) While road building happens in both countries, I have not heard any visitor to both India and Pakistan tell me that the roads in India are comparable to those in Pakistan.

Pakistan's teledensity continues to be higher than India's, adoption of clean technologies like CNG is also higher, roads/airports are better... I think it would be fair to say that, on the whole, the infrastructure in Pakistan is superior. I know India is trying to improve too... but then so is Pakistan.

I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything... just sharing the experiences and perspectives of some people.

I've hosted several dozen US tech executives in Pakistan over the years. Most recently, March '09. Most of them have also traveled to India. Consistently, I've been told that the airports and roads in Pakistan are far better than those in India. I have driven them from Lahore all the way to Bhurban in the mountains, going through Islamabad. We've also travelled from Lahore to Faisalabad by road.

I have not visited India myself so I can only go by the relatively objective views of those who have visited both countries and are neither Indians nor Pakistanis.

Where, for example, is India's M2? Over the past 10 years, Pakistan has added thousands of kms of M2-quality highways (Faisalabad-Lahore, Islamabad-Peshawar, Karachi-Gawadar, Lahore-Multan etc.) While road building happens in both countries, I have not heard any visitor to both India and Pakistan tell me that the roads in India are comparable to those in Pakistan.

Pakistan's teledensity continues to be higher than India's, adoption of clean technologies like CNG is also higher, roads/airports are better... I think it would be fair to say that, on the whole, the infrastructure in Pakistan is superior. I know India is trying to improve too... but then so is Pakistan.

I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything... just sharing the experiences and perspectives of some people.

Google the following-

Mumbai-Pune expressway,

Delhi-Jaipur NH-8,

Delhi-Chandigarh highway.

May be you will change your opinion. Ciao

I have had the opportunity to visit India several times, and I generaly concur that Pakistan's infrastructure is better than India's. Whether roads, airports, basic sanitation, housing, or large energy delivery systems (particularly gas to homes, CNG ), etc, Pakistan looks better than India.

But India is improving. Recent additions of Delhi metro and the Mumbai-Poona Expressway (though much shorter than M2, or the rest of the motorway system in Pakistan) are good examples.

I have had the opportunity to visit India several times, and I generaly concur that Pakistan's infrastructure is better than India's. Whether roads, airports, basic sanitation, housing, or large energy delivery systems (particularly gas to homes, CNG ), etc, Pakistan looks better than India.

But India is improving. Recent additions of Delhi metro and the Mumbai-Poona Expressway (though much shorter than M2, or the rest of the motorway system in Pakistan) are good examples.

I would like to know which place did u visit in India... bcos india is vast.. you will find difference in each state.
You are considering only the roads, why not railways, doesn't it come under infrastructure?
Airports.... there are new airports in Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad... many more coming up...
we have energy shortage... thats for sure. I think in india, many innovation are coming up for this... like hybreed car and all

brother the topics should be in consideration with the popoulation area also.....well still ur stock market is far behind...when it will reach where we r today...it will certainly slow down a lot...well development is more there now..as they {u} havent developed for decades..dont take it in negative......but still ur economy is falling according to world bank

As to space technology, India has no business to be in space, given the fact that one out of every two hunger persons is an Indian (World Hunger data), and two-thirds of its citizens still defecate in the open (UNICEF-WHO joint study), and one out of every three illiterate adults in an Indian, etc etc. Your priorities are all screwed up.

i wont waste much of my time trying to get u understand that everything isn't mutually exclusive.. u can't say - if u dont do X u won't go to Y. And the Irony is this advise comes from a country which is only going to lag India in development at least over the next decade.... and for the most part of last 15 years.

It wud have made sense had some chinese got here and tried to advise us what to do by comparing the ground realities of his nation. No personal vendetta ... but worry abt ur current mess in ur nation than advising us what to do or what not to.

For all our imperfections, we r 2nd fastest major economy in the world and targeting for 1st place. :sniper::sniper:

Dude china is 2nd largest economy and japan is the third largest so please dont lie.

I will only address the Tele-density :

Pakistan’s latest Mobile Phone connections figures are about 94 Million.

In the meantime India has added Nearly 170 Million Mobile Phones in the Period 30th November 2008 to 30th November 2010.

On 30th November 2009 India had 506.04 Million Mobile Subscriptions – Connections – Phones : Tele-density 46.32%

On 30th November 2008 India had 336.08 Million Mobile Subscriptions – Connections – Phones : Tele-density 32,34%

At this rate i.e. adding over One and a Half Times the number of Pakistani Mobile Phones has annually should allow Indian Tele-density to equal – if not overtake - Pakistani Tele-density by End March 2011.

On CNG India is striving to have more and more CNG Vehicals but I do not have the numbers.

Ports : Please check at Indian Ports Association.

I think the Annual Caroes handled at all Indian Ports is in the vicinity of about 700(Corrected) Million Tons in 2008-2009 including 520 Million Tons at Major Ports. Pakistan handled about 70 Million Tons in 2008-2009.

Railways : Please check at Indian Railways

In 2008-2009 Indian Railways handled about 6.75 Billion Passengers and possibly 700 Million Tons of Goods. Pakistan Railways during same period handled about 85 Million Passengers and about 8 Million Tons of Goods.

Last Year Indian Railways Chittaranjan and Diesel Locomotive Works added 220 Electric and 257 Diesel Locomotives respectively.

Pakistan Railways has a Total of about 550 Locomotives.

Roads & Airports : Hope others can help.

Last edited:

I have similar experience.... people who have visited india they told me that they have seen people sleeping next to ****! and no toilets even for women....where as they are surprised to see Pakistan.
Unfortunately new govt. has destroyed previously made infrastructure and has halted all new developmental projects.
I have even heard that projects which were under construction are on halt and PPP activist are destroying the under construction school and hospital buildings to steal iron rods.
Criminals are patronized by local political thugs and local govt. structure is being dismanteled.
I think if such state of affairs continue than india will catchup with Pakistan's development in next 5 - 10 years.

Thanks man we have some cow meat and milk.:azn:

Moohn main paani aa gaya.. Aur kuch mile na mile, hamari food preference to milti hai.. Change the milk to single malt whiskey and we are all set..

As a matter of fact I am going back to US this weekend and believe it or not, a very close pakistani friend of mine is picking me up from JFK to drive me to where I live in Connecticut. She makes the best Prime Rib Roast and we absolutely see eye to eye on alcohol preferences.. Thanks for deciding the weekend menu for me..

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom