What's new

India & Pakistan Ceasefire Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistani troops fire mortars on LoC, one Indian soldier hurt

JAMMU: One Indian soldier was injured on Sunday when Pakistani troops fired mortars on Indian positions along the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati in Mendhar area of Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district, an official said.

The firing has been going on for the past five hours, a spokesman of the Indian Army in Jammu said.

The gunfire duel started 9 am after Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian positions - Kranti and Kirpan posts manned by 17 Mahar of the Indian Army - at Krishna Ghati in Poonch, about 200 km north of Jammu.

"Pakistani troops opened small arms fire at 9 am The Indian Army retaliated but soon Pakistanis started firing rockets," the spokesman told IANS.

"Now they have started firing 30 mm mortars," he said.

More than 20 rockets have been fired. The mortar shells are being fired after every five to 15 minutes.

He said: "The exchange of fire is on."

The Indian Army sees it as a "clear case of ceasefire violation", the spokesperson added.

This is for the first time since a ceasefire was reached between India and Pakistan on November 26, 2003 that Pakistani troops have fired mortars.

Pakistan has opened fire in Krishna Ghati sector for the fourth time this month. Earlier, it had indulged in firing on May 1, 6 and 18.

Pakistani troops fire mortars on LoC, one Indian soldier hurt-Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Our soldier died and you guys are saying we opened fire.....

that's because we retaliated in self defense.

that's because we retaliated in self defense.

Do you think when someone open fire he just stand in open for the enemy to "retaliate" .

Our soldier died and you guys are saying we opened fire.....

Big deal ,
Our jawans are killed constantly due to pak cease fire violations. Only to be insulted in death.

Our civilians slaughtered , only to be called a drama

we can offer you basic human dignity, to lose human life .

But don't expect national sympathy or even understanding.

As far as we are concerned, Pak was pushing more terrorists accross the border.

for action there's a reaction, so just face it :agree:

Pakistan soldier killed in Kashmir border firing: military- Hindustan Times

A Pakistani soldier was killed on Sunday in firing allegedly by Indian troops at the border between the South Asian rivals in disputed Kashmir, the military said.

"A Pakistan army soldier embraced shahadat (martyrdom) due to unprovoked firing by Indians...at Battal sector in Rawlakot," it said in a statement.

"Pakistan has lodged a strong protest with Indians and demanded an immediate flag meeting, however intermittent firing is continuing at Battal sector," it added.

Nuclear-armed India and Pakistan have fought three wars, two over Kashmir. They each hold part of the Himalayan region but claim it in full.

Violence has sharply declined in Kashmir since they launched a peace process in 2004.

The insurgency on the Indian side of Kashmir has left more than 43,000 people dead since it erupted in 1989.

Up for another Flag meet . Not a big deal - I guess .
Its common thing btw Rangers and BSF .
Indian Army sir can shed more light on it.

Must be covering fire for a major infiltration process...

Well the 99% percent figure is from your side.

And do remember infiltration doesn't happens with a burst of gunfire or with small arms fire, rather infiltration is most effective when heavy fire takes place, means artillery and mortars. With small arm fire you can only engage the forward visible positions, not the ones which are behind the first line of defensive posts, and we all know India has not a single line of defensive posts, rather its multi-tiered defensive positions.

Thus doing infiltration with engaging just the visible posts is no good nor is feasible nor is attempted.

Of course, the 99% figure is my opinion. Neither me nor you have access to info from the border positions and we can only infer from what we read and hear.

And I agree with you about the support from heavy arms and mortar. There are reports of mortar shelling as well, though they have decreased in frequency. The BSF soldier did tell me that the Rangers direct fire towards post some distance away from the point of infiltration to draw BSF's attention to the firing at points and away from the place of infiltration. Again, there could be more to the story but given Pakistan's rather overt support to insurgents trained in camps in P0K, this seems highly plausible. Dont you think so?

Of course, the 99% figure is my opinion. Neither me nor you have access to info from the border positions and we can only infer from what we read and hear.

And I agree with you about the support from heavy arms and mortar. There are reports of mortar shelling as well, though they have decreased in frequency. The BSF soldier did tell me that the Rangers direct fire towards post some distance away from the point of infiltration to draw BSF's attention to the firing at points and away from the place of infiltration. Again, there could be more to the story but given Pakistan's rather overt support to insurgents trained in camps in P0K, this seems highly plausible. Dont you think so?

And once they cross over, how are they gonna survive then ??? As said who will give them support to counter the second Indian defensive lines or if BSF knows that infiltration has happened, don't you think, they are gonna go after them.

So what is the mean of such suicidal mission knowing they will be killed or captured.

Do remember, sometimes such incidents are highlighted to be an infiltration bid to give it more color and convey something else to the nation.

Firing incidents may be due to any factor, but infiltration color is given to let the Indian public know that something is up and keep up the phobia or whatever you call it, that is between the nations.

And do remember, the real and proper infiltrations happen in mountainous regions, not on the plain grounds of the border and those areas are manned by Army, not BSF.

oh shut up. GENERAL KAPOOR said in blank that when indian forces suspect invation on the LOC they open fire first .. you guy dont remember? how gen kapoor almost sharded in his pants when he found out that a pakistani officer was in the croud when he was delivering his speech. for 2009 india blamed pakistan for 16 to 19 ceasfire border violations but its funny how your general let the cats loose in fear of public butt wacking and said india is the one that first shoots .. pity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom