What's new

India only friend of Bangladesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this crap in a thread which says India is friend of bangladesh.
I am ashamed of myself now.

Why my friend?

We will be very friendly masters of Indian Bangladesh.

Unlike any masters they've witnessed so far.

Again, you are not getting my point. Once the war breaks out, then the conventional concept of border will not remain there. Insurgents are already trained or they have the know hows, how to hide and attack. What they need is a muddy water.

We are all assuming that India is aggressor, right? How does that give insurgent any advantage to attack or sabotage which they cant do now?
On the other hand heightened security will make their job only more difficult.

I am talking about conventional war, in which indian army tries to breach the international border, from any side it wants. Deploys warships. Tries to destroy command and control system of bd army by air superiority.

In all these, where do insurgent help you? May be a bit, but realistically, speaking(looking at their numbers), really?

Again, you are not getting my point. Once the war breaks out, then the conventional concept of border will not remain there. Insurgents are already trained or they have the know hows, how to hide and attack. What they need is a muddy water.

My dear BDian subject, you are assuming many things here, like,

a. The insurgents will have easy access to money and weapons.

b. We will be as nice to your insurgents as we have been to Kashmiri insurgents, many of whom have been our own people in the first place.

The fate of your insurgents will be worse than that of the Chinese who tried resisting the Japanese.

...and no, we'll not be even nearly as nice as the British or the Pakistanis were if it ever came to suppressing your insurgency.

Being good subjects is the only option you'll have.

We are all assuming that India is aggressor, right? How does that give insurgent any advantage to attack or sabotage which they cant do now?
On the other hand heightened security will make their job only more difficult.

I am talking about conventional war, in which indian army tries to breach the international border, from any side it wants. Deploys warships. Tries to destroy command and control system of bd army by air superiority.

In all these, where do insurgent help you? May be a bit, but realistically, speaking(looking at their numbers), really?

First of all I was talking about the land from where you will be launching your attack. The people down there are hostile or safe to say a segment of them are hostile. Then again you are invading a hostile nation where every person will take up arms (without any doubt). now how can you wage a war where the people on the ground just do not like you. And how long you can hold the ground? No matter how strong your military is. Just look at vietnam. And China will just waiting for that opportune moment when you will be ostrachized from international community. They just can say that they are coming to protect civilians.

First of all I was talking about the land from where you will be launching your attack. The people down there are hostile or safe to say a segment of them are hostile. Then again you are invading a hostile nation where every person will take up arms (without any doubt). now how can you wage a war were the people on the ground just does not like you. And how long you can hold the ground? No matter how strong your military is. Just look at vietnam. And China will just waiting for that opportune moment when you will be ostrachized from international community. They just can say that they are coming to protect civilians.

lol...dont make urself a laughing stock...it is ur perception that they are hostile to us... and what make u think that they will help bangladeshi army??? this is getting ridiculous.. china, people are hostile ..what more aliens will come to save u..??? :rofl:

First of all I was talking about the land from where you will be launching your attack. The people down there are hostile or safe to say a segment of them are hostile. Then again you are invading a hostile nation where every person will take up arms (without any doubt). now how can you wage a war were the people on the ground just does not like you. And how long you can hold the ground? No matter how strong your military is. Just look at vietnam. And China will just waiting for that opportune moment when you will be ostrachized from international community. They just can say that they are coming to protect civilians.

First of all you are wrong in assuming that we'll launch attack from land.

We'll just block all your trade routes.

Block the flow of Ganges and Brahmaputra.

Enforce a Naval Blockade.

..now we will just sit in your territorial waters and wait for our would be BDian subjects to come and drink sea water.

...and we'll start Brahmossing them and other not-so-good BDian subjects.

you help them in their freedom..they become your enemies later on (India-Bangladesh,USA-China)
you nuke out of them...they become your friends later on (USA-Japan)

you help them in their freedom..they become your enemies later on (India-Bangladesh,USA-China)
you nuke out of them...they become your friends later on (USA-Japan)

And you don't nuke them, they become your subjects later on. :smokin:

First of all I was talking about the land from where you will be launching your attack. The people down there are hostile or safe to say a segment of them are hostile. Then again you are invading a hostile nation where every person will take up arms (without any doubt). now how can you wage a war where the people on the ground just do not like you. And how long you can hold the ground? No matter how strong your military is. Just look at vietnam. And China will just waiting for that opportune moment when you will be ostrachized from international community. They just can say that they are coming to protect civilians.

Are you seriously saying hostile NE guerillas wont allow us to lauch war from their soil. Are you seeing that as reality or just making it up?
How will they stop the deployment when they cant stop the current deployment there.

I agree with you that holding the land should not be the objective at all.
None of the recent wars have that objective. US did it in iraq to stabilize it(some say for oil) but I doubt bd needs stabilization of any sort after war.

A quick end to the war is in our interest and I am sure the military planners will focus on that. As soon as we end up having a regime in dhaka which is friendly to us, we can declare unilateral ceasefire and declare 1 billion dollar aid package.

China factor is overrated, they wont risk a war with India when Indian army is concentrated in that area. The best time will be indo-pak war not indo-bd war.

i don't understand the bangladeshis in this forum, i'm from kolkata but i first identify myself as indian then bengali. i generally respect bangladeshis but my views are constantly changing about them. there is a growing anger about these people in bengal generally in urban places about their behaviour and cultural ethics. its same in N-E too. i know people in the govt. who are watching these developments with concern and its only a matter of time when the lid blows off and a series of tough actions will follow!! and those who say india-bangladesh confrontation/competition etc. all these are between powers of equal stature not between lightweight and heavyweights!!

@iajdani:
I never said that BD will become part of India as most Indians will oppose it, and Bangladeshis will oppose it as well.

I think you are talking about the Bangladesh-India border conflict.

I understand the frustrations over the Bangladesh-India border dispute. I hope that this is resolved diplomatically (a pen is mightier than the sword), and it better stay that way.

Btw, BD military is no match against the entire Indian military. It is not just my opinion, but fact.

You can't just hop onto an F-7 and go toe-to-toe with an SU-30 or one of those multi-million dollar aircraft India is procuring from Europe in large numbers. We don't even have a competent navy, it is the most passive branch of our military. Having a dozen MIG-29s won't help either, India has squadrons of them. And their MIG-29s are fitted with Israeli avionics which is something we don't have. A Russian jet fitted with Western avionics is a very formidable aircraft.

We do not have any ballistic missiles that India has. NOR do we have any defense against them. We only have a couple of stinger sites and Soviet-era AA guns (the present AA guns are no match against modern missiles and aircraft). We do not have a fully integrated air-defense network, which is something BD badly needs.

Our army can hold off an Indian invasion only IF they aren't using navy, air force and strategic missiles.

That is why I am saying, we can fight a guerrilla war at best.

A long lasting guerrilla war for India in Bangladesh would be very, very risky. It would in fact compromise India's security. And Indian leaders are not that foolish.

Better to take cover than be in the line of fire. No use being dead.

@iajdani:
I never said that BD will become part of India as most Indians will oppose it, and Bangladeshis will oppose it as well.

I understand the frustrations over the Bangladesh-India border dispute. I hope that this is resolved diplomatically (a pen is mightier than the sword), and it better stay that way.

Btw, BD military is no match against the entire Indian military. It is not just my opinion, but fact.

You can't just hop onto an F-7 and go toe-to-toe with an SU-30 or one of those multi-million dollar aircraft India is procuring from Europe in large numbers. We don't even have a competent navy, it is the most passive branch of our military. Having a dozen MIG-29s won't help either, India has squadrons of them. And their MIG-29s are fitted with Israeli avionics which is something we don't have. A Russian jet fitted with Western avionics is a very formidable aircraft.

We do not have any ballistic missiles that India has. NOR do we have any defense against them. We only have a couple of stinger sites and Soviet-era AA guns (the present AA guns are no match against modern missiles and aircraft). We do not have a fully integrated air-defense network, which is something BD badly needs.

Our army can hold off an Indian invasion only IF they aren't using navy, air force and strategic missiles.

A long lasting guerrilla war for India in Bangladesh would be very, very risky. It would in fact compromise India's security. And Indian leaders are not that foolish.

bro.. this is the most sensible post so far.. it is not because u are praising indians (indirectly) but because this is based on facts... India donot have any intention to takeover BD... we do not want any more hostile neighbor... we want a relationship which is based on shared culture and business... and as a big country the onus on India to solve the grievances of BD visa vis India..

@iajdani:

I agree with all your points. We wont be willing to face a guerrilla war for no reason.
How will that help us. Will it help us getting 10 percent GDP growth? Eliminate poverty?

We have some experience in holding up in areas where we are not popular(kashmir and NE) but BD is not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom