What's new

India on the Eve of British Conquest

Had the French arrived to Tipu Sultan's assistance on time in the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War, the British would have gradually been thrown out of India.

So it should be Tipu who should be remembered more than any other leader in the Subcontinent.

Yes but my analysis is based on the power of military and capacity. Tipu sultan a great warrior but might have been difficult to take over all of india and rule it. Durranis on the other hand had a powerfull army and huge empire already (parts of iran, Afghanistan, central asia and current day pakistan) annexing india would have been easier for them.

I thought the Sikh Empire was much bigger prior to the British invasion?

nasim hezazi novels are fiction.
bhonsle were incharge of orissa and bangal , these states gave ransom to marathas . awadh was never under maratha influence .

Marathas were huge rapists, looters and plunderers, finishing off around 400,000 Odisha and West Bengali people. They did not dare venture into East Bengal though, knowing what awaited them. It is because of them, the Bengali term 'Borgi elo deshey' was coined. I guess poverty and lack of resources can turn one into looting and plundering. Shameful legacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maratha_invasions_of_Bengal

It is because of them, the Bengali term 'Borgi elo deshey' was coined.

What is the meaning of this phrase?

I guess poverty and lack of resources can turn one into looting and plundering.

Yes. There is a Punjabi saying, to this effect:

"Puhkha bataira changa larhda ae.": A hungry quail fights very well.:lol:

Marathas were huge rapists, looters and plunderers, finishing off around 400,000 Odisha and West Bengali people. They did not dare venture into East Bengal though, knowing what awaited them. It is because of them, the Bengali term 'Borgi elo deshey' was coined. I guess poverty and lack of resources can turn one into looting and plundering. Shameful legacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maratha_invasions_of_Bengal

invaders were always big looters .

If you have any primary sources I'd be interested,
Primary sources are contained in our Buranjis, centuries old chronicles of the Ahom Kingdom.

The Mishmi tribe of Arunachal derive their lineage to the legendary king Bhisma and through him, his daughter Rukmini and Lord Krishna. Bhismaknagar finds mention in Kalika Puran, the inscriptions found at Tamresari temple and Bhismaknagar fort was written in Sanskrit, Assamese and Bengali script.

Malini Than temple complex in Arunachal, where the presiding Goddess is Parvati dates back to the 13th century, also houses many other deities like Indra, Surya, Ganesh, Radha/Krishna built under the patronage of then kings from Assam and Arunachal.

Parashuram Kunda on the banks of river Lohit is a place of annual pilgrimage for us in the NE, i have visited the place countless times.

Akashiganga in Arunachal is one of the 51 sacred Shakti Peeths in Hindu religion, Google it if you dont know the meaning.

There is then the historical Shiv Linga in Lower Subansiri, the Brick Fort or Itanagar(capital of Arunachal) and Bhalukpong which bears testimony of Indian cultural presence in Arunachal Pradesh.

Show us one bit of Han Chinese influence or any bits of history regarding Chinese military expedition to Arunachal, if you claim it to be China's part. Their culture is NE Indian, people speak our language with no similarity to Tibetan or Chinese, yet you make these absurd claims.

Lastly ,Donyi Polo, their ancestral religion in Arunachal can be considered a fork of Hinduism. Hope this suffices. Anyone with half a brain can make informed decisions based on these.

Primary sources are contained in our Buranjis, centuries old chronicles of the Ahom Kingdom.

The Mishmi tribe of Arunachal derive their lineage to the legendary king Bhisma and through him, his daughter Rukmini and Lord Krishna. Bhismaknagar finds mention in Kalika Puran, the inscriptions found at Tamresari temple and Bhismaknagar fort was written in Sanskrit, Assamese and Bengali script.

Malini Than temple complex in Arunachal, where the presiding Goddess is Parvati dates back to the 13th century, also houses many other deities like Indra, Surya, Ganesh, Radha/Krishna built under the patronage of then kings from Assam and Arunachal.

Parashuram Kunda on the banks of river Lohit is a place of annual pilgrimage for us in the NE, i have visited the place countless times.

Akashiganga in Arunachal is one of the 51 sacred Shakti Peeths in Hindu religion, Google it if you dont know the meaning.

There is then the historical Shiv Linga in Lower Subansiri, the Brick Fort or Itanagar(capital of Arunachal) and Bhalukpong which bears testimony of Indian cultural presence in Arunachal Pradesh.

Show us one bit of Han Chinese influence or any bits of history regarding Chinese military expedition to Arunachal, if you claim it to be China's part. Their culture is NE Indian, people speak our language with no similarity to Tibetan or Chinese, yet you make these absurd claims.

Lastly ,Donyi Polo, their ancestral religion in Arunachal can be considered a fork of Hinduism. Hope this suffices. Anyone with half a brain can make informed decisions based on these.
very nice .

yes not according to rss history where bakhts are showns as rulers when infact your kind were cheap slaves cleaning mughal horse shit!
Where are the mughals in the map the OP posted?
The only part of India ruled by Mughals for 1000 years was modern-day Pakistan

India is in a state of perpetual eve of being conquered.

Man established it long time ago that it is a coming of age ritual to go and conquer India.

India is in a state of perpetual eve of being conquered.

Man established it long time ago that it is a coming of age ritual to go and conquer India.

pakistani arabs are ready to conquer it again under general zaid hamid urf laal topi .:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

i was joking bhaiya :D

Why is it that will of one man conquers will of millions in India collectively throughout the history?

Did you kill Mujib out of fear too that he will conquer India from Dhaka?

Some people do not want Hindus to enjoy ruling their own land for even 100 years after a thousand years.. that's so bad!

Back
Top Bottom