What's new

India on the Eve of British Conquest

Yet you are able to speak the Hindustani language which I too understand. An Indian language.
I speak four languages.Urdu happens to be one of them.Most Pakistanis speak atleast 2 languages.
You call it hindustani/Hindvi, we call it Urdu/Mughlai/Lashkari/Lahori and sometimes Dehalvi.
i wish you goodluck with your hindu identity..stay hindu stay proud.

Mr. Lora please behave..
Mods please do the needed.

I speak four languages.Urdu happens to be one of them.

English, Urdu, Punjabi and which else ??

You call it hindustani/Hindvi, we call it Urdu/Mughlai/Lashkari/Lahori and sometimes Dehalvi.

What is Lahori ??

And well, Urdu / Hindustani was a contribution of the Mughals, no doubt

Other than that, there was food, probably music, and a syncretic culture ( Akbar and his Hindu wife comes to mind ).

So yes, I change my earlier view to now say that the Mughals did contribute to something in India. But still, Tipu Sultan was different.

i wish you goodluck with your hindu identity..stay hindu stay proud.

You don't seem to know that I am a Muslim.

A language can exist without a country and its border, there is no connection to both

I agree.

I was only responding to blitzkreig's notion that he does not have anything to do with India's history.

Last edited:
No. "Hindvi" language, which evolved into Daccani, Urdu and Hindi, predates Mughals.

I think you are right.

The later language called Urdu was a mixture of Khariboli, Farsi, Arabic and Turkic. At least that is what I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

A Laal Muslim.:lol:

:enjoy:

maxresdefault.jpg

The later language called Urdu was a mixture of Khariboli, Farsi, Arabic and Turkic. At least that is what I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

There are many alternate theories. I ascribe to the one that enunciate that the language called "Hindvi", which later evolved separately into Deccani and Urdu, started when the garrisons of Sultan Mehmood Ghaznivi settled in Lahore and Persian speaking soldiers and settlers mixed with the local Punjabis. So, it initiated with the mixture of old Punjabi and Persian. With Qutubuddin Aibak, the main garrisons shifted to Delhi and with them this rudimentary language also shifted. There it was greatly influenced by Braj Bhasha, which was the local language of that area. To Deccan, this language was introduced, when Muhammad bin Tughluq forced the shifting of capital from Delhi to Daulatabad. That is what I think.

Waalaykum Salaam (colorless).:lol:

I was only responding to blitzkreig's notion that he does not have anything to do with India's history.
A common Mistake that you Indian make, India was never a complete entity but a subcontinent of a different empire, kingdoms, Fifedoms etc. It was never a unified or a country to begin with it. Its like calling Europe a country or Arab world as a country.

So, it initiated with the mixture of old Punjabi and Persian.

In what ways is Old Punjabi different to Current Punjabi ??

A common Mistake that you Indian make, India was never a complete entity but a subcontinent of a different empire, kingdoms, Fifedoms etc. It was never a unified or a country to begin with it. Its like calling Europe a country or Arab world as a country.

I never said that India was one single country. Even during the times of rule by Hindus ( and probably Buddhists ), there were many kingdoms, minor and major, who fought one another. But just like Europe has the ancient name Europa to broadly describe that continent, the name India also broadly describes what is now called the Subcontinent. Think of the ancient region called Gandhara which sits now in Peshawar.

What I wanted to point out to @-blitzkrieg- was that he shares the same broad history as someone like me who lives in the Deccan.

The only power that could take over all india and also push back the brits were durranis but they had no interest in ruling india.

Enough has been written on how mughals fells but not much attention has been paid to their whole tenure in India.
It would be good if.you can shed some light on that too. Refer to the book " the empire of great mughals " by Anne-Marie schimmel.
We need to see the positive side too.

The only power that could take over all india and also push back the brits were durranis but they had no interest in ruling india.

Had the French arrived to Tipu Sultan's assistance on time in the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War, the British would have gradually been thrown out of India.

So it should be Tipu who should be remembered more than any other leader in the Subcontinent.

Back
Top Bottom